Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
timmy
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by timmy » August 27, 2022, 12:54 pm

maybe Alfie,s the best 1 to ask , but what is your guess on the calorie , fat and other stuff in the " pork noodles " at road side shops ( please DONT answer with should never eat coz of hygine or rats ) just are they o.k if on a diet , cheers . with the added veg and chilli powder ....

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 27, 2022, 6:42 pm

timmy wrote:
August 27, 2022, 12:54 pm
maybe Alfie,s the best 1 to ask , but what is your guess on the calorie , fat and other stuff in the " pork noodles " at road side shops ( please DONT answer with should never eat coz of hygine or rats ) just are they o.k if on a diet , cheers . with the added veg and chilli powder ....
Well i had to try and ask Google cause i have no clue at all,and the answer is in:

Pork Udon Noodle Bowl (1 serving) contains 62g total carbs, 56g net carbs, 4g fat, 17g protein, and 350 calories.
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calor ... -143206417

That may not be exactly comparable to what you might find at the roadside pork noodle seller,but you get a ruff idé..and i would call the an okey "fast food meal"..much better i think then Hamburgers or a pizza slice...my thoughts only Timmy ;-)

//Alfie..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 18, 2022, 2:50 pm

Think no one is eating Healthy any more..or are you guys just lazy to post?Anyway,her's my dinner i made for later today...if someone is interested ;-)

Herb chicken with Sour Cream,Broccoli and Bell Pepper,Fryed SPINACH WITH GARLIC OLIVE OIL.
//Alfie..:-)
Last edited by DuiDui49 on October 15, 2022, 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » October 14, 2022, 10:26 am

just hit 75 kg today from my original 112 kg thats 37 lost if i get to 72 kg before xmas its will have taken 11 months ( BTW my blood sugar is now steady at 80 ) will i get the " udonmap " slimmer of the year award .....5555

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » October 14, 2022, 10:30 am

Fantastic well done.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 14, 2022, 5:26 pm

timmy wrote:
October 14, 2022, 10:26 am
just hit 75 kg today from my original 112 kg thats 37 lost if i get to 72 kg before xmas its will have taken 11 months ( BTW my blood sugar is now steady at 80 ) will i get the " udonmap " slimmer of the year award .....5555
You deserve a medal mate. That's awesome self-discipline. Well done.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 14, 2022, 7:30 pm

timmy wrote:
October 14, 2022, 10:26 am
Well done timmy .. you are half the man you used to be ..nearly ..oh and Archa sales in Udon have reduced by 50%..

Amazing effort mate .. i wont recognise you , what have you done with all ter old clothes ..more so please can you share your eating habits and any exercise routines you done as im.planning to go back on the wgaon very soon.
Btw i was 116 kg ..got to 92 then went off the rails ..now back to 100 kgs soaking wet with a boner on (boner 3 kgs).

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 14, 2022, 8:20 pm

That's a dramatic weight loss, timmy.

Out of interest, how tall are you?

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » October 14, 2022, 8:45 pm

jackspratt wrote:
October 14, 2022, 8:20 pm
That's a dramatic weight loss, timmy.

Out of interest, how tall are you?
5 foot 10 inch

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 14, 2022, 8:57 pm

Thanks timmy - if you were 6'4", it would be a concern.

Keep up the good work.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » October 15, 2022, 6:38 am

breakfast most days , 80 gms Rolled Oats skimmed milk chopped Banana , they must be ROLLED Oats does anybody know where you can buy rolled oats in big bags ? i can only find 400 gm bags ( NOT lazada or shoppe tried there 1kg bags tasted old n stale ) ,,

if you eat the Oats with your eyes closed ;listening to loud music they taste just like a Full English Fry-up ......

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 15, 2022, 8:16 am

timmy wrote:
October 15, 2022, 6:38 am
breakfast most days , 80 gms Rolled Oats skimmed milk chopped Banana , they must be ROLLED Oats does anybody know where you can buy rolled oats in big bags ? i can only find 400 gm bags ( NOT lazada or shoppe tried there 1kg bags tasted old n stale ) ,,

if you eat the Oats with your eyes closed ;listening to loud music they taste just like a Full English Fry-up ......
I found the two things hardest to give up were bread n beer .. the rest was easy...

great effort timmy you should be very proud of yourself.. the feeling of joy seeing the man sausage without using a block n tackle and a mirror must of been worth it alone.

Im back on my diet very soon as put a few kgs back on from my low of 92.

DM

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 15, 2022, 10:52 am

timmy wrote:

Timmy, you can buy a 1 kilo bag of rolled oats at Makro for only 73 Baht. In 2016 after my first episode of Atrial Flutter, I needed to lose weight, so I decided to cut out my usual dinner meal and substitute with only 4 tablespoons of rolled oats with fruit slices. I lost 15 kilos in three months with no exercise or other dieting. The weight fell off quickly and I have maintained it to this date with the same eating regimen. I seriously recommend the rolled oats. You'll sleep much better too since your digestive system won't be working so hard to process that former heavy dinner meal. It requires a lifestyle change to be consistently successful in staying healthy.
Attachments
Rolled Oats front.jpg
Rolled Oats back.jpg
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 15, 2022, 11:05 am

i may try the rolled oats when i start my next serious healthy eating period coinciding moving into a new abode... maybe substitute the skimmed milk for Chang ??? (joke)... previously i totally cut out soft drinks fried foods and cut right down on beer .. ate poached fish lots of veg n salads etc .. that worked for me and as well as meeting an old friend i slep better and my ablutionary activities were smoother and could set your watch by them

DM

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 15, 2022, 12:03 pm

48 years ago when i made debut in the nobel att of lumber jacking i need some hardy food,and cheap.Ro9lled oat porridge has been my go-to and still is..but with some tweaks,here's one.

70-80 of Rolled Oats,water and some sodium..Full blast on the Microwawe for maybe 3-4 min.Then i add 25-30 gram of Whey Protein Isolate,1 tea spoon of Chia seeds,2 tabel spoons of Goij berry's and 2 tabelspoons od Golden Flaxseed...i then put in my grinder and make powder of it all...pour that to my porridge...mix everything really good..half a sliced banana...0% milk...And to that 4 sticks of BBQ:ed Liver...Breakfast for Champs ;-)

//Alfie..a healty "twig"64 yers old with a 6 pack..i'm proudof 3 years of Diet change,exercise..pics ar before and after pics since my accident who nearly killed me.All my blod and health markers are in range now.Our bodys is ready to forget and forgive if you give it the chanse...Don't wait until you have a stroke or a heart attack.ENYOY YOUR RETIREMENT WITH A HEALTHY BODY.

Dead for 4 days only machines and 15 bags of blood kept me alive.In total 4 weeks in Udon General Hospital and 300.000 poorer.Image

And today:

Lean and mean ;-)at 64..Image

Happy and very thankfull for what i and hard work has achieved..i'm a healthy happy camper that is thankfull for a second chance in life.8:th next month i selebrate my "second birthday..i smile every new day i wake up to ;-)Can i you can..get started guys with a health checkup and go from there.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » October 15, 2022, 12:48 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 15, 2022, 11:05 am
i may try the rolled oats when i start my next serious healthy eating period coinciding moving into a new abode... maybe substitute the skimmed milk for Chang ??? (joke)... previously i totally cut out soft drinks fried foods and cut right down on beer .. ate poached fish lots of veg n salads etc .. that worked for me and as well as meeting an old friend i slep better and my ablutionary activities were smoother and could set your watch by them

DM
i made a small mistake before Jon , its SEMI skimmed milk , NOT skimmed .... big difference .

i went from 1 big loaf ( 20 slice ) every 2 days , to a half loaf about every 2 weeks ,
but same as you i miss Bread , Beer ( i was known to have the odd beer now and again ) but mostly miss CHEESE
with being diobetic cant eat any hard cheese ...
using my Airfrier to cook meat is a big help ...

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » October 15, 2022, 12:51 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
October 15, 2022, 10:52 am
timmy wrote:

Timmy, you can buy a 1 kilo bag of rolled oats at Makro for only 73 Baht. In 2016 after my first episode of Atrial Flutter, I needed to lose weight, so I decided to cut out my usual dinner meal and substitute with only 4 tablespoons of rolled oats with fruit slices. I lost 15 kilos in three months with no exercise or other dieting. The weight fell off quickly and I have maintained it to this date with the same eating regimen. I seriously recommend the rolled oats. You'll sleep much better too since your digestive system won't be working so hard to process that former heavy dinner meal. It requires a lifestyle change to be consistently successful in staying healthy.
thanks for the info SFG , big help i will look tomorrow , i,ve been getting from Tesco 400 gm for 49 baht ...

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 15, 2022, 1:15 pm

timmy wrote:
October 15, 2022, 12:51 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
timmy wrote:

thanks for the info SFG , big help i will look tomorrow , i,ve been getting from Tesco 400 gm for 49 baht ...
Timmy, the rolled oats from Makro are very tender, so only add hot water from your water pot, cover and let sit for 15 minutes or so. No need to cook on a stove. They're very tender, unlike the ones you buy from Tesco or Big C. Those are like eating Styrofoam packing peanuts.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » October 15, 2022, 1:52 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
October 15, 2022, 1:15 pm
timmy wrote:
October 15, 2022, 12:51 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
timmy wrote:

Timmy, the rolled oats from Makro are very tender, so only add hot water from your water pot, cover and let sit for 15 minutes or so. No need to cook on a stove. They're very tender, unlike the ones you buy from Tesco or Big C. Those are like eating Styrofoam packing peanuts.
cheers for that , but i only eat the oats with semi skimmed milk NO cooking or water , i have seen in Tesco , microwave oats , just add hot water oats and a few other types as well , but DR Google said stick to and only eat ROLLED OATS ..

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 21, 2022, 10:58 am

Yesterdays dinner:Japanese Sweet Potato,Herb Marinated 2 Chicken Breasts and 1 Avocado..looks like this:

Stay healthy and stron guys..//Alfie..:-)

Return to “Health & Beauty”