Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by Khun Paul » July 20, 2021, 7:00 am

Well as I have been mentioned I will reply, you eat whatever turns you on, I prefer a mixed diet , ensure low on fat if possible an d exercise, never overdo that of course, I have known many very fit people die as well. Three things are certain, you are born, you WILL die , just the bit in-between which for many is in their hands .
Live each day as if it is your last, as one day it will be !!!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 20, 2021, 1:32 pm

lunch, white bean stew.
Onion, garlic, beans, tomato sauce, cumin, paprika and turmeric.

UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 20, 2021, 2:25 pm

Howdy folks !

Today is was fish,salmon day to be exact.Sallad done and bought at Big-C,had some penne left,threw that in to,added some tomatoes too.Seafood sause from Big-C and some Majjo from Mills.Meal done in less then 10 min..perfect.
Photo not some nice but.. :oops:

Stay healthy everyone..//Alfie..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 24, 2021, 3:37 pm

God afternoon dear Forum readers!

Today i have done a special Chili Corn Carne..to put in the frezzer for easy acess when i come home after a bicycle ride or just to have quick acess to good nutrisious food instead of some "fast food" or a Snickerbar.I find that me doing batches of food give me more wholesome nutritious food then many times i can't get at a outside eatery,cheaper too.
And now when rain is pouring down it makes it easyer to make the effort in the kitchen.So here it is..ooops forgot to metion time prepping and cooking,it took all in all around 2.5 hours.

Image....The beans were rinsed and soaked over night.

Image...1 kilo of Sweet Potaoes

Image...Toa kääk

Image...Toa fack jaow

To go with this "base"i can choose between Basmati Rice..(low in sodium)Or Spagetthi/Penne..or wathever i have at hand/fridge.To this i used TWO 500gr packs of minced beef,grassfeed..179Bath/pack.All in all for ingridiens i ruffy spent about 550-600Bath..Most of it is Organic so a little bit more expensive.

Take care out there,stay healthy and strong Farangs of Udon-Thani...//Alfie..:-)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 24, 2021, 7:28 pm

Gotta have a burger once in a while. Got some vegetarian burger patties at villa.

UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 25, 2021, 9:26 pm

Veggi pizza. Pre-made pizza crust and vegan cheese from villa.

UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 26, 2021, 6:55 am

Morning Jello !

Both of your latest dishes looks very jummy and nice,keep it up my friend of healthy eating ;-)Way to go..//Alfie..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 30, 2021, 3:29 pm

Todays late lunch..

300gram of chicken filés,1 kg of sweet potatoe and 2 Carrots..Fryed the chicken then added the veggies,,steamed everything in coconut milk..mixed everything..taste jummy ;-)Served with that,Basmatirice aprox 100gram.

//Alfie..:-)Be happy and healthy everyone.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 1, 2021, 6:39 pm

As some of you might already know,i looooove Seabass.So today was another favv.of mine..1 Seabass filé,330 gram of hanpicked Sallad from Big-C's salladbar.Added some toamtoes,Majjo and hot seafood sause..mix and ready to eat.

Stay happy Imageand healthy guys..//Alfie..:-)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » August 1, 2021, 7:47 pm

Brown rice, beets, veggies and a sweet potato. Normally I’d mix some kidney beans in with the rice for protein but I was out.

Came across this article that claims that eating a plant-rich diet can help protect against Covid-19.
https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/eating-a ... t-covid-19
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 2, 2021, 7:36 am

Jello wrote:
August 1, 2021, 7:47 pm
Brown rice, beets, veggies and a sweet potato. Normally I’d mix some kidney beans in with the rice for protein but I was out.

Came across this article that claims that eating a plant-rich diet can help protect against Covid-19.
https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/eating-a ... t-covid-19
Morning Jello !

The plate of yours looking healthy and good,keep it up my friend.Read some but not all of the article,shouldn't come as a supprise the less prosessed food is not to healthy compare to plant based food.Always intrested to learn so thank you for the article.
Just having my go-to wholewheat Peanut butter sandwich right now..My Appelcider 2 cl shot is wating for me + 3 glasses of Lemonwather..need to get those kidney their "flush".Have always have some problems whith kindney stones..so i try to do whatever i can top the cause that makes them..

Anyway,wish you Jello a healthy and happy day..//Alfie..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 5, 2021, 1:12 pm

It's time,time for breakfast..The usuall Peannut Sandwich was this morning change to Protein Panncakes with Peanut butter and coffee.
Today i was thinking of a day free from exercise,BUT the nice weather took me and my bicycle for a ride down Mueang Udon..and well back home,about 1 hour 20 min..shower and lunch.

So it consiten today of 50 gram of Basmati Rice,50 gram of Salmon,3 fryed eggs and half a small pack of bacon..fresh tomatoes and some Silantro Yogurt dressing..coffee.

So low carb day today but higher in Protein and Fats.

Stay healthy and happy..//Alfie..:-)Image

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 5, 2021, 1:14 pm

It's time,time for breakfast..The usuall Peannut Sandwich was this morning change to Protein Panncakes with Peanut butter and coffee.
Today i was thinking of a day free from exercise,BUT the nice weather took me and my bicycle for a ride down Mueang Udon..and well back home,about 1 hour 20 min..shower and lunch.

So it consiten today of 50 gram of Basmati Rice,50 gram of Salmon,3 fryed eggs and half a small pack of bacon..fresh tomatoes and some Silantro Yogurt dressing..coffee.

So low carb day today but higher in Protein and Fats.

Stay healthy and happy..//Alfie..:-)Image

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 10, 2021, 5:24 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 7, 2021, 8:57 pm
This may well be very good advice, morti - but please bear in mind while watching the video that the good Dr Ekberg is a doctor of chiropractory.

Further investigation as to credibility may be warranted.
There are allegations on youtube that he's a scientologist or at least still donates heavily to the Church of Scientology:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg-ITnxxEAk

Berg never cites research and it's difficult to find research supporting some of Berg's claims (the more interesting link from a health perspective):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25oDZHb4jrk

Berg essentially talks shxt.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 10, 2021, 8:17 pm

GT93 wrote:
August 10, 2021, 5:24 pm
jackspratt wrote:
June 7, 2021, 8:57 pm
This may well be very good advice, morti - but please bear in mind while watching the video that the good Dr Ekberg is a doctor of chiropractory.

Further investigation as to credibility may be warranted.
There are allegations on youtube that he's a scientologist or at least still donates heavily to the Church of Scientology:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg-ITnxxEAk

Berg never cites research and it's difficult to find research supporting some of Berg's claims (the more interesting link from a health perspective):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25oDZHb4jrk

Berg essentially talks shxt.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, 93 - but your Dr Berg doesn't appear to be the same person as the Dr Ekberg I referred to in my earlier suggestion to Morti.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 11, 2021, 1:53 am

Whoops. Links to Berg have been appearing on the other channel and he has millions watching his videos. Damn chiropractors.

Here's a brief video on how the egg industry scramble nutrition science:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9BDX6wSSk0
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 11, 2021, 2:40 pm

Todays late lunch consist of:

Fryed marinated chicken in coconut sause.Bellpeppers and coctail tomatoes topped with freshly grated parmensan.Basmatirice.

Stay strong and healthy..//Alfie..:-)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 12, 2021, 11:51 am

Confirmed ..i know they are very healthy etc etc but im not a fan of avacardoz .. Dao came home with some huge ones and just added to my brunch .. very bland , tasteless ... might be alright for an expert chef to knock up some magic but not DM.. its all ok eating healthy but you still have to enjoy the food your eating and i didnt.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » August 12, 2021, 12:58 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 12, 2021, 11:51 am
Confirmed ..i know they are very healthy etc etc but im not a fan of avacardoz .. Dao came home with some huge ones and just added to my brunch .. very bland , tasteless ... might be alright for an expert chef to knock up some magic but not DM.. its all ok eating healthy but you still have to enjoy the food your eating and i didnt.

DM
I agree, local avocados have little to no flavor. Villa has imported avocados that taste much better (but expensive).

Last nights TV snack, spicy chickpea quesadilla with sour cream and guacamole.
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 12, 2021, 2:00 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 12, 2021, 11:51 am

DM
Mashed Avocado,sandwich tuna,cilatro,lime,parmensan (frechly grated is the best)same goes for blackpepper,pink salt (my choice)nuts,yogurt,garlic,bellpepper,red onion,dryed cranberrys....i use some of them,try them and see and taste what i like..think outside the box,don't be afraid to try differnt mixes,some will stay,some not..Avocado and intead of tuna..salmon..or if you like,add some smoked fish..Come on guys..TRY to find your own favv's..and tastebuds have to learn new way of spiceing things up..

Her's a tip for you to try:

The Ultimate Macro Calculator
Use the Precision Nutrition Calculator to instantly get a nutrition plan—with macros, calorie, and portions—that’s personalized for your body, eating preferences, and goals

https://www.precisionnutrition.com/nutrition-calculator

Meal Planner:

https://www.eatthismuch.com

Stay mean and lean..//Alfie..:-)

Return to “Health & Beauty”