Gall Bladder issues.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Gall Bladder issues.

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 19, 2021, 9:21 pm

I very recently had gall bladder removal via key hole surgery and posted a such on the RT PCT Covid test thread as we had to have these test to allow us into the hospital where i chose to have the procedure.

I have been contacted by a few people both in person and on UM who are suffering with apparent GB problem symptoms and contemplating the same surgery .. in turn 3 ppl asked me to post the pics .. not a problem

Here are the stones ..11 in total came out 2 large plus below .. 1bt size 9 of the blighters.

SORRY .. next is the DM shaven 6 pack .. apologies to any tattoo haters but i had this done in 1995 when my mother passed away and she was a very religious person ... in fact the last quip by the GB surgeon was .. quote : i never performed surgery on Jesus Christ before .. which thought was rather amusing .. at that point i passed out.

3 small higher incisions approx 1cm plus and in my case a larger 4 cm cut in the naval where the GB comes out.

Very pleased .. no relieved to get this done as the consequences of a ruptured GB are really serious .. can be fatal in many cases and i appeared to have caught it just in time.

Ive already put quite a bit of info ref this subject on the PCT test thread if anyone needs more details.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Gall Bladder issues.

Post by dunroaming » May 19, 2021, 10:03 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 19, 2021, 9:21 pm
I very recently had gall bladder removal via key hole surgery and posted a such on the RT PCT Covid test thread as we had to have these test to allow us into the hospital where i chose to have the procedure.

I have been contacted by a few people both in person and on UM who are suffering with apparent GB problem symptoms and contemplating the same surgery .. in turn 3 ppl asked me to post the pics .. not a problem

Here are the stones ..11 in total came out 2 large plus below .. 1bt size 9 of the blighters.

SORRY .. next is the DM shaven 6 pack .. apologies to any tattoo haters but i had this done in 1995 when my mother passed away and she was a very religious person ... in fact the last quip by the GB surgeon was .. quote : i never performed surgery on Jesus Christ before .. which thought was rather amusing .. at that point i passed out.

3 small higher incisions approx 1cm plus and in my case a larger 4 cm cut in the naval where the GB comes out.

Very pleased .. no relieved to get this done as the consequences of a ruptured GB are really serious .. can be fatal in many cases and i appeared to have caught it just in time.

Ive already put quite a bit of info ref this subject on the PCT test thread if anyone needs more details.

DM
Looks more like the angel of the north

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 20, 2021, 6:49 am

Thanks Jon, that's put me off me breakfast! And all the better for seeing it twice.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 20, 2021, 6:56 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 20, 2021, 6:49 am
Thanks Jon, that's put me off me breakfast! And all the better for seeing it twice.
Sorry BD... i do have a more graphic pic of the stones and one that includes my face but didnt want to inflict those on UM members prior to their morning muesli.

Hope your well mate..

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 20, 2021, 8:44 am

Mrs N had a bag a blood cockles that looked similar for tea last night.
Maybe you could sell them on & recoup a bit of outlay
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 20, 2021, 9:08 am

Niggly wrote:
May 20, 2021, 8:44 am
Mrs N had a bag a blood cockles that looked similar for tea last night.
Maybe you could sell them on & recoup a bit of outlay
Already done Niggley .. i put them on ebay as magic beans .. sold within an hour to a Scottish chap called Jammy Mc beanstalk :shock:

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 20, 2021, 9:22 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 20, 2021, 9:08 am

Already done Niggley .. i put them on ebay as magic beans .. sold within an hour to a Scottish chap called Jammy Mc beanstalk :shock:

DM
Nice 👍
Hopefully he didn’t pay you with that Mickey Mouse Scottish currency that you can’t spend anywhere
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 20, 2021, 1:05 pm

GB2 (2).jpg
Big improvement in surgical techniques in 30 years. This was 3 weeks in hospital and 8 weeks convalescing at home. Just over 210mm long.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 20, 2021, 8:09 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 20, 2021, 1:05 pm
GB2 (2).jpgBig improvement in surgical techniques in 30 years. This was 3 weeks in hospital and 8 weeks convalescing at home ON FULL PAY . Just over 210mm long.
Cracking scar Alex , times certainly have changed ref medical procedures ..

im sure at the PFs Sunday slurperthon you said that scar was from the Battle of the Somme ??

DM

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 20, 2021, 9:15 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 20, 2021, 8:09 pm
AlexO wrote:
May 20, 2021, 1:05 pm
GB2 (2).jpgBig improvement in surgical techniques in 30 years. This was 3 weeks in hospital and 8 weeks convalescing at home ON FULL PAY . Just over 210mm long.
Cracking scar Alex , times certainly have changed ref medical procedures ..

im sure at the PFs Sunday slurperthon you said that scar was from the Battle of the Somme ??

DM
I will hold my response just in case I am sent to the naughty corner again. Was on full pay though, so at least was still able to feed the family and pay the mortgage.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 23, 2021, 3:13 pm

Follow up to gall bladder surgery this morning so went through to Tha Bo 7am to see the Doc ..

All appears to have gone ok , estimated full recovery time will be not over 1 month from the op date , can be less but alas mine op was not standard ..
Feeling ok but had shoulder neck and back pains ..this was due tot he C02 pumped in my abdomen during surgery to seperate the organs n make it easier to remove the GB ...this pain has now totally gone im just left with a really uncomfortable bloated feeling again due to the C02 and my internal spaghetti getting used to operating with out the GB and bile it produces.. henceforth pooping is taken on a whole new style ..

Remaining on soft diet a while longer .. but pleased to say a glass or two of my favourite amber tipple are not a problem so long as i dont go out n do a whole box.

I had the follow up at Dr Wattana clinic outside the hospital in Tha bo town center .. quite busy for 7am on Sunday morning with 30 plus patients most of whom were there for abdominal probs , Ultra sound which is on a walk in basis ..seemed a large percentage were being lined up for same surgery as ive just experienced.. proof just how prolific GB issues are here leads you to confirm the fatty spicy diet for many here is to blame .. Dr Wattana aint ever gonna run out of patients IMO ... although busy the clinic is well organized with everyone checked in by 8am as the doc arrives ..i was Q 20 and left 8;45 am.

Dont brush off GB stones / issues for months /years as i did .. this was my mistake and i regret not having this surgery way sooner than i did.

DM

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » May 23, 2021, 10:52 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

Nothing wrong with a few shaven photos Jon but I’d have had you down as more of a Brazilian type of guy.🤣

On a serious note, we’ll done for getting it sorted as it could have been a lot more problematic

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 23, 2021, 11:15 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
You're looking fit for an old geezer, fancy a date?
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 24, 2021, 8:49 am

Thanks guys ...

Not up to a date yet Earnest .. sorry ... fear not theres a long expiry date on the vaseline.

Feeling better and more comfortable by the day and should be back to ""normal"" eating n a beer within another week .. the bits n bobs now missing mean getting used to a whole new method of how my food is dealt with on its travels from plate to septic tank... greasy , fried fatty foods are out for as long as possible along with cheese and a few other things

what Im missing in order of craving

Beer Chang
Full English brekkie
Spicy larb moo
Masaman Curry
Indian Curry
Beer Chang
Brit Custard tarts
Meat pies
Fish n chips
Pizza
Beer Chang
Cheesecake

was 115 kgs ..now 107 and can just about see my bobbies helmet without the use of a mirror.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 24, 2021, 8:50 am

Niggly wrote:
May 20, 2021, 9:22 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 20, 2021, 9:08 am

DM
Nice 👍
Hopefully he didn’t pay you with that Mickey Mouse Scottish currency that you can’t spend anywhere
A correction is required here. Scottish banks do issue their own, legal tender currency notes but Walt disnae.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 24, 2021, 9:40 am

Tam,good morning sir !

While the CRAVINGS/YOU want the above you mentioned..THIS is what you and your body needs after a surgery..but you already knew that,right ;-)Good on you to loose some weight,keep on trucking Tam.And please, i hope you understand that you are very lucky that you have come out from your surgery whitout seemingly to many sideeffect..Keep it like that Tam,say thank you to your body for takeing all the "abuse"..food,beer..and what not.
Here's some tips you will not like,,but your body will for sure ;-)

The 10 Best Foods to Eat After Surgery to Promote Healing
There are 10 foods that will provide your body with the energy and nutrition it needs to fight off infections, accelerate healing, increase your strength and energy and maintain your nutrient stores. The best part is these top 10 foods are delicious! They are also much more enjoyable when shared with a friend or family member to help you stay engaged and happy during recovery.

Berries
Antioxidants are a powerhouse of nutrition that help the body repair damage. Perfect for after surgery!

Fruits with antioxidants include:
Grapes
Pomegranates
Blueberries
Raspberries
Strawberries
Goji berries
Blackberries
Berries are also an excellent source of vitamin C. Research shows that vitamin C is helpful in rebuilding collagen and soft tissue, meaning your incision site will heal quicker.

Vegetables
The vitamins and minerals you will find in vegetables are some of the most important nutrients in your healing diet.

Eat these vegetables as a snack or part of a meal:
Carrots
Sweet bell peppers
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Cabbage
Brussel sprouts
Sweet potatoes
Potatoes
Including these veggies in your daily diet adds a healthy source of carbohydrates, which will help you battle the fatigue that is commonly felt after coming home from the hospital. Carbohydrates provide your brain with energy and stop muscle from breaking down. Your body will also get a boost of vitamin A and C. Another great benefit is that the fiber in a diet high in vegetables reduces constipation, which is a common side effect of pain medication and decreased mobility.

Fats (nuts, oils, fish)
Remember, healthy fat is your friend. Especially following surgery, healthy fat helps your body absorb all those yummy vitamins you are getting from your fruits and veggies. Fat is essential for strengthening your immune system and decreasing your chance of infection.

Healthy fats to include:
Olive oil
Avocados
Coconut oil
Nuts
Seeds
Fats provide you with a long-lasting source of energy. Many types of fats and nuts are high in vitamin E, particularly almonds. Vitamin E also helps wounds heal faster and reduce the appearance of scars.

Dark Leafy Greens
Leafy greens may not be as popular as colorful berries and yummy fats, but they are vitally important! A hearty serving of green on your plate (or in your smoothie) gives you a dose of vitamin A, C, and E, as well as vitamin K, which is essential for blood clotting.

Incorporate these vitamin-rich, dark leafy greens:
Kale
Spinach
Swiss chard
Bok choy
Mustard greens
Romaine lettuce
You will also be absorbing the B-complex vitamins, which help with energy levels. Don’t forget fiber, iron, magnesium, potassium and calcium. Greens are like a multivitamin!

Meat or Other Alternatives
As you age, it is important to eat adequate amounts of protein. Following surgery, your body needs a high amount of protein and iron. Your muscles have been potentially damaged, moved and manipulated during the surgical procedure and now needs to repair those muscles. Amino acids in the protein help repair muscle damage by regenerating tissue and speeding up wound healing. Iron will help you regain your energy levels more quickly as iron creates new blood cells.

Stock up on iron and protein through foods like:
Poultry
Seafood
Beans and lentils
Nuts
Eggs
Tofu
After surgery, you may find that you have difficulty digesting or even chewing tougher meats. Try meats that have been slow cooked in sauces or ground meats. Another excellent source of protein is our next powerhouse food.

Eggs
Nature has provided us with an ideal healing food neatly packed in a shell. Eggs are a traditional first meal to serve to invalids and recovering individuals and with good reason.

One egg provides you with:
6 Grams of protein
Vitamins A, E and K
B complex vitamins (including B12)
Riboflavin
Folic acid
Calcium
Zinc
Iron
All those nutrients we have already discussed as being vital for a quick recovery. The best part is that eggs are easy to serve and prepare.

Probiotics
Probiotics are the happy, healthy bacteria that your body needs to digest food, provide mental balance and fight off all the germs and infections you are prone to after a hospital stay or procedure. Some of the most common forms of probiotic-rich foods are:

Yogurt
Kefir
Sauerkraut
Kimchi
Surgery can be rough on your system. Anesthetics, antibiotics and painkillers upset the delicate balance in your gut leaving you with digestive upsets, constipation and nausea. A healthy dose of probiotics can help to regulate your system.

Brightly colored fruits
Who says that healing foods are boring? After surgery, it is even more important to eat all the colors of the rainbow. Pile a bowl full of the brightest colored fruits and veggies and get a good dose of vitamin A, C, carbohydrates, fiber, antioxidants and the nutritious calories your body needs to bounce back.

Fiber is essential following surgery to avoid the discomfort of constipation. Fruits provide that fiber with a dose of color, vitamins and energy boosting carbs.

Ask your friends to bring by:
Oranges
Apples
Berries
Melon
Apricots
Peaches
Grapefruit
Mango
Papaya
Tomatoes
Not only are fruits a powerhouse of healing nutrition but they are also light on the stomach and ideal for small, regular portions.

Whole grains
Eating plenty of whole grains after surgery will provide your body with the carbohydrates your brain needs for energy and stops your muscles from breaking down. Whole grains also give you another dose of fiber. You are going to feel tired and worn out following your surgery and the right kind of carbs will bring your energy levels up.

Round your plate out with:
Whole wheat or rye sourdough breads
Steel cut oats
Quinoa
Wild rice
The bulk of your vitamins and minerals will be coming from your healthy fats, veggies, fruit, and proteins. But carbohydrates are an important part of the healing puzzle.

Water
The easiest and most overlooked thing we need after surgery is water. Don’t forget your body is made up of 55-65 percent water. Dehydration is common and maintaining adequate levels of hydration will help you recover quicker. Depending on the type of surgery you have and the medications you are on, your requirements for fluid may be higher than usual.

If drinking plain water is unappealing you can try:
Flavoring your water with lime or lemon
Drinking coconut water
Eating high water content foods like soup
Preparing a smoothie with extra fluid

Take Tam..//Alfie

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 24, 2021, 1:01 pm

Get well soon Tam .. wishing you a speedy recovery from surgery .. a liberal dose of general Anesthesia is required to perform open wallet surgery on most Scots.

I was recommended drinking apple cider vinegar to ease abdominal bloating on a daily basis ..any members can confirm good info or otherwise ?? if so what about dilution rates to water ??

DM

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 24, 2021, 1:05 pm

Apple cider vinegar good straight
1 swig a day

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 24, 2021, 1:06 pm

I have heard good things about the remedy.

You should try 1 cup of vinegar with a tablespoon of water for a few days.

If that doesn't work, try reversing the quantities. :^o

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 24, 2021, 1:30 pm

Foods to stop abdominal bloating.....

Try Anti-Bloating Foods and Drinks. A few studies suggest that peppermint tea, ginger, pineapple, parsley, and yogurts containing probiotics ("good" bacteria) may help reduce bloating.
(webmd)

Also try Lactose free milk and bananas.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Return to “Health & Beauty”