Thailand's reliance on pesticides reveals dangers of foods

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Thailand's reliance on pesticides reveals dangers of foods

Post by DuiDui49 » October 18, 2021, 1:43 pm

All those pesticides,used 3-5 times more then recommended..and you and i wonder why we get sicker and sicker.To much of prosessed foods,lack of exercise..eating food with to much traces of pesticides are sold on a daily basis in markets and stores..Read this articel about Thai farmer close to Bankok..

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-10-16/T ... index.html

//Alfie..:-)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand's reliance on pesticides reveals dangers of foods

Post by Khun Paul » October 18, 2021, 2:40 pm

I remember a talk I was listening to at the local Rotary Club, where a member of the Thai Ex[porters acssociation came to talk to us and it was amazing that nearly 60%+ of all vegetables listed for export are stopped as their testing showed levels too high regarding pesticides , was interesting to note that Frozen vegetables are pre tested by the manufacturer as they wouyld be unable to export either. So from that I learnt that Frozen Vegetables are safer and cleaner than the locally bought stff from markets.
Although I still buy Tomatoes and Mini Cucumbers and Cabbages from one stall in my local market. Lessen the impact the Thai locally grown produce has on my inner self.

Too often I hear from the local market across from me, people gpoing to hospital after consuming food from there. Hell it might be cheaper but certainly NOT cleaner.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Thailand's reliance on pesticides reveals dangers of foods

Post by parrot » October 18, 2021, 2:59 pm

My wife tells me stories of villagers using ddt freely back in the daze. Over the years, we've seen a few villagers whose eyesight/skin was damaged from years of using pesticides without wearing any sort of face covering/gloves.
But we buy a wide assortment of veggies/fruits from the local markets......my wife is a fastidious cleaner of whatever she buys.....soak, rinse, soak, rinse.
I'd be much more concerned about buying what's called 'sushi' in the market......sitting out on a tray on a hot day. I'm only amazed that kind of food doesn't come with a direct link to an ambulance.

Return to “Health & Beauty”