Udon General Physicals

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
parrot
udonmap.com

Udon General Physicals

Post by parrot » November 19, 2022, 3:49 pm

I was in the foreigner section of Udon General inquiring about some surgical procedures for a friend.....the two people I spoke to were very helpful and spoke excellent enough English. I complimented them on the feedback that several UM people have made about various surgeries/care there......and took the opportunity to inquire about physicals at the hospital.
I was given a number of test forms for blood, urine, etc where one can basically choose their desired test. Be there at 8AM (maybe a few minutes early), no food after midnight. I did not ask about costs.
I'm curious whether any UM member has done a full up blood/urine/chest Xray test at the hospital and how they found the service.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Udon General Physicals

Post by Khun Paul » November 19, 2022, 6:06 pm

I know there was a Lab near to the Police Station that did all the necessary tests on Blood/Urine , far more efficient and not so costly compared top most hospitals, although I have never used Udon General.
X=Rays are the only thing they do not do . The problem with using the General hospital is the SHEER NUMBR of other peop[le there, some patients most family clogging up many areas, wih the current situation regarding Viruses and other weather related illnesses flying about , a large place full of probably sick people is NOT somewhere I would go

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » November 19, 2022, 7:21 pm

i used the foreigner section of Udon General a few weeks ago ,great service no waiting in and out in 30 mins ,back for results 2 hours later
Glucose
CKD stage
Creatinine
GFR
cholesterol
HDL/chol
LDL/chol
Triglyceride
uric acid
Hb A1C
Psa
1390 Baht ,No queuing or waiting ,go up the escalators and walk in the door straight in front of you
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 19, 2022, 8:17 pm

Good to get a positive, glass half full, report from someone who has actually been there, and done it.

I conducted a similar exercise at a private clinic in Ban Dung a couple of days ago. Given that the clinic was over the road from the hospital, and the woman who took my blood walked over the same road to take the sample, I suspect the analysis was done on government hospital equipment.

I was OK to pay the tab (THB1700) to avoid the clusterfaarrk that occurs at the hospital each morning, and the report was comprehensive, with her coming back in the evening to go through the results with me.

The only shortcoming (in my view) was the PSA test, which the report described as a Test Strip, and only gave a pass or fail result. I was OK, but from what I have read, it is preferable to have a reading, so you can see where your PSA is heading.

What did UTG offer, watchman?

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » November 19, 2022, 8:28 pm

Forgot to add,was handed full detailed results ,also has figures next to each result with upper /lower limit as a guide
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 20, 2022, 7:07 am

Very reasonable costs, may give it a try, however with regards to the PSA Test , after about 5 years I got tested first at AEK and then at Wattana, ASEK stated I needed followup procedures costing over 15k, whereas Wattana said I was OK.
In discussing the p[robelm with my family, checking your own emissions by looking at them will give a more certain indication rather than a TEST which may highlight MINOR problems which will give you ZERO problems for the rest of your life and having a Colonoscopy can be worse than NOT having one at all

The major problems with today's TESTS are that they have the ability to show up minute imperfections which will never cause you any harm but it does give Doctors a way to get you to seek another procedure to check` at a COST .

However whatever makes you feel happy is best for you

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 20, 2022, 10:46 am

I was in there a few weeks ago. Had the full blood count. Chest and leg X-ray's.
Due to knee replacement needed. The service was great..
But it went down hill very fast due to chest X-ray's. See post "knee replacement "

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » November 20, 2022, 2:29 pm

Very reasonable costs, may give it a try, however with regards to the PSA Test , after about 5 years I got tested first at AEK and then at Wattana, ASEK stated I needed followup procedures costing over 15k, whereas Wattana said I was OK.
In discussing the p[robelm with my family, checking your own emissions by looking at them will give a more certain indication rather than a TEST which may highlight MINOR problems which will give you ZERO problems for the rest of your life and having a Colonoscopy can be worse than NOT having one at all

The major problems with today's TESTS are that they have the ability to show up minute imperfections which will never cause you any harm but it does give Doctors a way to get you to seek another procedure to check` at a COST .

However whatever makes you feel happy is best for you
[/quote]
I will say again a PSA test should be done every year by men (min) over 50 – no excuses or buts
Keep the results and if you can use a Spreadsheet create one so you can refer back to it.
As long as the reading stays (reasonably) flat then you’re fine but if it starts to increase get checked out fully
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » November 20, 2022, 2:46 pm

It's been several years since my last check up at Bangkok Hospital and I want to do the same again in December.

Looking at BKK Hospital website they have the following promotion;

Looking for advice on which package to go for. I.e Executive with 40 items for Baht 18,900 or the Ultimate with 47 items for baht29,900???
Also if you have experience of a better option elsewhere also like to hear about it.

thanks

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » November 21, 2022, 2:26 pm

Foreign Section of UDH. Went in this morning at 0750 for blood tests, out at 0817. Picked up results at 1 pm. 2810 baht. Staff very efficient and polite. No queues, no waiting.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 21, 2022, 2:39 pm

mak wrote:
November 21, 2022, 2:26 pm
Foreign Section of UDH. Went in this morning at 0750 for blood tests, out at 0817. Picked up results at 1 pm. 2810 baht. Staff very efficient and polite. No queues, no waiting.
Thanks for that update, Mak. I forgot to mention.....their eye doctor is available on Thursday......but don't about the wait time.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » November 22, 2022, 8:27 am

We use the eye clinic on Markhaeng Road. He is an opthalmologist (Chula) at UDH.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 23, 2022, 12:50 pm

The attached flyer arrived at the house some time while I was away. I haven't asked about it and I haven't checked so just posted for info. Impressive prices but do your own research and due diligence.

Ta
tam
checkup1.jpg
checkup2.jpg
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » November 23, 2022, 6:26 pm

tamada wrote:
November 23, 2022, 12:50 pm
The attached flyer arrived at the house some time while I was away. I haven't asked about it and I haven't checked so just posted for info. Impressive prices but do your own research and due diligence.

Ta
tam
checkup1.jpg
checkup2.jpg
What and where is this "Udon Christion Clinic"? Also does anyone understand if PSA test is included

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 24, 2022, 10:39 am

lassebasse wrote:
November 23, 2022, 6:26 pm
tamada wrote:
November 23, 2022, 12:50 pm

Ta
tam
checkup1.jpg
checkup2.jpg
What and where is this "Udon Christion Clinic"? Also does anyone understand if PSA test is included
Yes good question, never heard of this clinic, anyone any idea as to location ??????????

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » November 24, 2022, 2:01 pm

The address is written on the flyer.

Maybe ask one of your many thai high ranking friends to translate or call one of the three phone numbers also provided.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 24, 2022, 2:12 pm

deankham wrote:
November 24, 2022, 2:01 pm

Maybe ask one of your many thai high ranking friends to translate or call one of the three phone numbers also provided.
So you do not know where it is either,,, why not just say so.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 24, 2022, 2:42 pm

This clinic appears to be associated with The Church of Christ compound which is located north of Do Home on the Nong Khai Hwy. Here is a street view of the compound:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.48132 ... 8192?hl=en
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 24, 2022, 2:46 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
November 24, 2022, 2:12 pm
deankham wrote:

Why didn't you ask your carpenter/cabinet maker before asking here?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 25, 2022, 9:32 am

tamada wrote:
November 24, 2022, 2:46 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
November 24, 2022, 2:12 pm
deankham wrote:

Why didn't you ask your carpenter/cabinet maker before asking here?
Do you not think I have done so , sadly directions here are at best vague I thought I was asking an intelligent question from intelligent people, it seems that was the mistake I made thinking posters on here regarding locations were inelligent . I will find out the answer and NOT POST IT ok !!

Return to “Health & Beauty”