Hearing aids.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Hearing aids.

Post by Old Grumpy » February 5, 2023, 3:07 pm

Finally I have got to admit old age is catching up with me, whilst I have been deaf in one ear owing to a viral infection for many years, the other one is failing now, so much so my normally very patient wife is getting annoyed with me not hearing her properly so I must do something about it. Does anyone know a reliable shop that can give me advise on what to buy. I don't want to buy online as I want to try out first not only for efficiency but comfort ?

Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Hearing aids.

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 5, 2023, 3:21 pm

Bits do start to fail n drop off as time goes by Val .. other than that i hope you are doing ok , long time no see.

Place opposite Landmark.. got one for an aging relative abot 3 months ago and presume its works ok as not heard any different (excuse the pun) ... couldnt remember the name but google came up with Hear Plus and another couple of places ...being deaf can be a bonus sometimes but hope that helps ..

I SAID I HOPE THAT HELPS !!

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=hear ... nt=gws-wiz

alternatively ..make your own

Last edited by Drunk Monkey on February 6, 2023, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » February 5, 2023, 3:48 pm

Hi Jon, thanks for that will give them a try.Yes I am ok thanks although had a bit of a scare last year when I had a violent reaction to my 2nd covid jab which nearly had me, ended up in Queen Sirikat heart hospital on a ventilator, cost me a fortune and still taking blood thinners which means I can't touch alchohol, so don't have much reason to go out.88 next week so must expect a detoriation in ability but fortunately not mental ability.Nice to hear from you.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 5, 2023, 5:17 pm

That's awesome Val. Well done. That's going to be a bloody big cake, no? Just make sure you're relaxed and seated when the totty pops out of it.
Screenshot_20230205-171530~2.png
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » February 6, 2023, 6:32 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
February 5, 2023, 3:07 pm
Finally I have got to admit old age is catching up with me, whilst I have been deaf in one ear owing to a viral infection for many years, the other one is failing now, so much so my normally very patient wife is getting annoyed with me not hearing her properly so I must do something about it. Does anyone know a reliable shop that can give me advise on what to buy. I don't want to buy online as I want to try out first not only for efficiency but comfort ?
I also recommend Hear Plus as DM mentioned. They have a wide range of models at prices much lower than what I purchased in the U.S. years ago. I purchased new aids there about 6 months ago. The lady that works there is named Nack, speaks English, and will give you a diagnostic hearing test and adjust your aids to best suit your hearing needs. Here is the link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MAMOrathai10/ and Nack's phone number is 0817325459. Good luck.

Return to “Health & Beauty”