'Sandy' Jardine RIP.

Pay tribute to loved ones and friends here...
socksy
udonmap.com

'Sandy' Jardine RIP.

Post by socksy » April 27, 2014, 8:40 am

William "Sandy" Pullar Jardine (31 December 1948 – 24 April 2014) was a Scottish professional footballer, who played for Rangers, Hearts and represented Scotland. He twice won the Scottish Football Writers Association Player of the Year award and was part of the Rangers team that won the 1971–72 European Cup Winners' Cup. Jardine was also co-manager of Hearts with Alex MacDonald and later worked for Rangers. He died in April 2014, 18 months after being diagnosed with liver cancer.

A true Gentleman, great player and legend.

RIP

Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Zidane
udonmap.com

'Sandy' Jardine RIP.

Post by Zidane » April 27, 2014, 8:58 am

I remember Sandy Jardine.He was a great little right back who played many times for Scotland,including as captain.
Also a member of the very successful Rangers team that included the likes of John Greig,Willie Johnston,Colin Stein and Willie Henderson,if I remember correctly ?
Sad to hear of his passing.....RIP
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

socksy
udonmap.com

'Sandy' Jardine RIP.

Post by socksy » April 27, 2014, 9:06 am

Zidane wrote:I remember Sandy Jardine.He was a great little right back who played many times for Scotland,including as captain.
Also a member of the very successful Rangers team that included the likes of John Greig,Willie Johnston,Colin Stein and Willie Henderson,if I remember correctly ?
Sad to hear of his passing.....RIP
Yes a member of the 1972 Cup Winners Cup team as a youngster. There was a fitting tribute yesterday for him at Ibrox against lowly Stranraer with 46,000 present which Rangers won 3-1. Away to second top Dunfermline on Saturday and a win or a draw will see them complete the League campaign unbeaten.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Return to “Obituaries”