Queen dying?

Pay tribute to loved ones and friends here...
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Queen dying?

Post by jackspratt » September 26, 2022, 7:46 pm

Oh dear! ....... the royal soap opera looks set to continue.
UK broadcasters battle monarchy over control of Queen’s memorial footage

British television channels are in a battle with the monarchy over who controls the historic record of Queen Elizabeth II’s commemorations, after Buckingham Palace insisted broadcasters could only retain an hour of footage for future use.....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... al-footage
The Republic of Australia can't come soon enough. =D>

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 26, 2022, 10:35 pm

The event was public, the pictures broadcast worldwide I find it hard to believe they have any legal basis for trying to lock up coverage.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 27, 2022, 7:00 am

As I understand it and for the benefit of the ignorant and unintelligent amongst us , the Royal Family headed by individual Charles was requesting footage of the funeral to be changed so as to NOT invade the Royal Families private grief in pictures where emotions are laid bare.
Although from a news reporters point of view good pictures and good copy,it is certainly an unwarranted invasion of privacy,
Those that do not understand please advise all of us of your next family funeral and we can all show up and take pictures and post on the internet with the normal sarcastic remarks .

At least it was televised something 70 odd years ago did NOT happen !! I will probably NOT see the currents Monarchs funeral or for that matter the next proclamation

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 27, 2022, 7:21 am

Thank you for that "blind leading the blind" explanation, KP.

Perhaps you could go one step further, and as leader of the ignorant and unintelligent amongst us, explain why the hundreds of hours of footage that doesn't include the brief moments of personal grief, is required to be reduced to 1 hour?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 27, 2022, 7:34 am

Lovely arrogant post KP..

If it was a private funeral filmed and paid for by the family, fair enough.

It was however a public, state funeral paid for by the British people.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 27, 2022, 7:47 am

The Royal Family also contributes to the cost of the State Funeral

https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/ro ... -who-pays/

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 27, 2022, 7:51 am

Doodoo wrote:
September 27, 2022, 7:47 am
The Royal Family also contributes to the cost of the State Funeral

https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/ro ... -who-pays/
Doodoo, where does the Royal family's income come from? 100% bequeathed from the public purse and inherited wealth that also came from the British nations.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 27, 2022, 8:08 am

Where does your income come from? It is a vicious circle to the answer and answer is NO WHERE
But who controls their money is different
So the Royals didn't have to give but they do

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 27, 2022, 8:16 am

Where pray in that article does it say "The Royal Family also contributes to the cost of the State Funeral" ???

It says the taxpayer pays and K i n g Charles "MAY" or "MAY NOT " contribute. THe 42 carat plonker that has written?? an article about this, has no more idea than anyone else

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 27, 2022, 8:32 am

Read other articles Stat
and in the end who cares. The government just prints more money

Who pays your pension?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 27, 2022, 8:39 am

The taxpayer with the money I leant them for 40 yrs to make more money

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 27, 2022, 8:45 am

stattointhailand wrote:
September 27, 2022, 8:16 am
Where pray in that article does it say "The Royal Family also contributes to the cost of the State Funeral" ???

It says the taxpayer pays and K i n g Charles "MAY" or "MAY NOT " contribute. THe 42 carat plonker that has written?? an article about this, has no more idea than anyone else
The royal family pays income tax & the monarch pays capital gains tax, so they actually pay more in tax than they receive for doing their job through the Sovereign Grant.

So if the royal funeral is paid for by tax or K i n g Charles making an ex gratia contribution the royal family are making a contribution.

FWIW the Sovereign Grant is significantly lower than the amount paid in taxes.

Some people like to focus on the amounts paid out for the upkeep of the monarchy, as many of those are published, conveniently forgetting the taxes paid, as those are not. Also ignoring the vast amounts generated indirectly.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 27, 2022, 10:47 am

jackspratt wrote:
September 27, 2022, 7:21 am
Thank you for that "blind leading the blind" explanation, KP.

Perhaps you could go one step further, and as leader of the ignorant and unintelligent amongst us, explain why the hundreds of hours of footage that doesn't include the brief moments of personal grief, is required to be reduced to 1 hour?

I have no idea but I am sure a pointedly written letter to individual Charles 111 and the Governor of the BBC will be treated the same way as your ignorant assertions on here are , with utter contempt !

I am not as you say blind I READ it in various articles that the idea was to protect vivid pictures of private personal grief NOT being shown. I can relate to that unless of course JS the only man on here with self-confessed intelligence can offer another valid explanation that makes sense, if not quietly be quiet you muppet !!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 27, 2022, 10:59 am

Before getting too enthusiastic about taxpaying royals, a few items worth considering

- Until the 1990's they paid no income tax
- Currently and commendably they voluntarily pay tax on PART of their income
- They pay VAT like all other citizens
- Their income is massive, entirely derived from assets that are owned by the crown (ie. given to them by their subjects)
- Charles will pay no inheritance tax on the fortune he inherits from his mother

No matter what way you look at it, the royals get a very, very good deal compared to other Britons.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » September 27, 2022, 12:28 pm

It's a shame the thread about the passing of Queen has turned into this moan about who pays what.

I'm not suggesting it can't be discussed but would have been nice for it to be on a sperate thread and not to ruin this one.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 27, 2022, 1:14 pm

deankham wrote:
September 27, 2022, 12:28 pm
It's a shame the thread about the passing of Queen has turned into this moan about who pays what.

I'm not suggesting it can't be discussed but would have been nice for it to be on a sperate thread and not to ruin this one.
Agreed.

I am no monarchist, but admired the queen. Two sperate issues

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 27, 2022, 2:36 pm

Whistler and Deankham
If you want another Thread to start by all means proceed. Dont just sit there and whine, DO IT

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 27, 2022, 2:43 pm

"Before getting too enthusiastic about taxpaying royals, a few items worth considering

"- Until the 1990's they paid no income tax
- Currently and commendably they voluntarily pay tax on PART of their income
- They pay VAT like all other citizens
- Their income is massive, entirely derived from assets that are owned by the crown (ie. given to them by their subjects)
- Charles will pay no inheritance tax on the fortune he inherits from his mother

No matter what way you look at it, the royals get a very, very good deal compared to other Britons."

If you don't like to anyone who complains, you can always move to non-Commonwealth country which immediately solves the issue. Russia North Korea would be suggestions

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 27, 2022, 2:54 pm

"If you don't like to anyone who complains, you can always move to non-Commonwealth country which immediately solves the issue. Russia North Korea would be suggestions"

Would Thailand count? Not in the commonwealth

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 27, 2022, 3:00 pm

Rumour that Andrew has been given custody of the corgis (they dont sweat either). May be he will realise that dribbling, drooling and panting is how the dogs cope ......... mind you thats more than likely how he got in the mess in the first place

Return to “Obituaries”