Queen dying?

Pay tribute to loved ones and friends here...
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Queen dying?

Post by Whistler » September 10, 2022, 11:55 am

Ok sometimes woody. My history knowledge must be limited. I thought European colonists occupied all of north and south America, most of Africa, large swaths of the Middle East, most of SE Asia, India, all of Australasia, the South pacific etc. Almost than half the world.

I also thought this was primarily started around the beginning of the 16th Century.

I also said it was not exclusive to Europe, I suppose I got that wrong too.

Silly me.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 10, 2022, 2:57 pm

As a Mute point, any WHITE skinned person in the United States must by definition have come from mainly European ancestors and are therefore also by ancestry, Immigrants, So when Americans use it a racial statement to others to go back to where you come from , the answer should be Et tu Brutus ...in other words practice what you preach !!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 10, 2022, 4:15 pm

Whistler wrote:
September 10, 2022, 11:55 am
Ok sometimes woody. My history knowledge must be limited. I thought European colonists occupied all of north and south America, most of Africa, large swaths of the Middle East, most of SE Asia, India, all of Australasia, the South pacific etc. Almost than half the world.

I also thought this was primarily started around the beginning of the 16th Century.

I also said it was not exclusive to Europe, I suppose I got that wrong too.

Silly me.
The largest empires are under, all practiced colonialism so with the oldest starting in the 6th century BC, the Europeans starting in 16th century were just continuing the historical precedents.

The oldest was the Achaemenid Empire in the 6th~4th century BC, the Maurya Empire had a population of more than 43% of the global population, the Mongol Empire had a Land Area of 33 million sq. km. second only to the British Empire also with a Land Area of 33 million sq. km, though the Mongol Empire had the largest contiguous empire ever

So as you can see while the British and Europeans had better technology they were hardly inventors of colonialism

British Empire ║ Mongol Empire ║ Russian Empire ║ Spanish Empire║ Umayyad Caliphate ║ Qing Empire ║ Yuan Empire ║ French Empire║ Portuguese Empire ║ Achaemenid Empire ║ Sassanid Empire ║Roman Empire ║ Maurya Empire ║ Macedonian Empire ║ Mughal Empire
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Queen is dead LONG LIVE THE K I N G

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 10, 2022, 4:24 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 10, 2022, 11:19 am
Marvelous first speech addressing the nation commonwealth and world by K I N G Charles III ..

https://youtu.be/ieACpHx4nXE

Willie n Kate are the new Prince n Princess of Wales.

GOD SAVE THE K I N G .

Feels like a nation has lost their mother and DM raised a glass of the amber nectar for our late Queen Elizabeth .. imo a GOAT .. Greatest Of All Time

DM
seems like yet another thread can be added to my electrical question and has morphed into a whole new topic .. so going back to the terrible news

ADDING TO MY POST EARLIER ,,, yes obviously some have a different view of the British monarchy , i am by no means a royalist but after watching the many tributes and learning a lot more what the Queen has accomplished over her 70 plus years it brought it home just what a magnificent woman she was .. i like Charles , William Kate the Wexesses ..alas not so Andy Harry n Meg for obvious reasons...

seems some north of the border went a bit strange .. with this Sottish chip shop owner celebrating and subcequently being ran out of town .. bloody Jocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVWnS6-8j8k

I have decided to have a full day off and go out for Sunday roast and a few pints tomorrow to morn th passing of Lizzy and usher Charles as K I N G.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: Queen is dead LONG LIVE THE K I N G

Post by Earnest » September 10, 2022, 4:33 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 10, 2022, 4:24 pm
seems some north of the border went a bit strange .. with this Sottish chip shop owner celebrating and subcequently being ran out of town .. bloody Jocks

A bad move on her part, I reckon. :lol:

There's alot of support for the Queen north of the border. Many Scots were pointing out that there are more Scottish monarchs in the Windsor line than there are English, quite likely being that we have tended to look for Dutch and German protestants to sit on the throne.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » September 10, 2022, 4:41 pm

Earnest wrote:
September 10, 2022, 4:33 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 10, 2022, 4:24 pm

A bad move on her part, I reckon. :lol:

There's alot of support for the Queen north of the border. Many Scots were pointing out that there are more Scottish monarchs in the Windsor line than there are English, quite likely being that we have tended to look for Dutch and German protestants to sit on the throne.
How did the chippie manage to escape the wrath of the crowd. Maybe a chippie from south of the border can see an opening there.

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Post by Fuzzy Ken » September 10, 2022, 5:15 pm

Sadness personified on the passing of her majesty, a part of all our lives, over so many years.

Her chosen duty to be there for all of us, no matter who or where, should be the standard by which all of us conduct our lives.

May our dear Elizabeth rest in peace, evermore.
Ken Brewster, Phnom Penh

Should you wish to send a message of condolence, please go to this link https://www.royal.uk/

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 10, 2022, 7:20 pm

What's up woody? We can read history books if we want to know more about ancient empires, we can even read up on those you missed out.

This topic is about Elizabeth II and by inference Britain,

You lept into this thread purely to denigrate a quite simple explanation about Australian political conventions as opposed to the structure in the USA. Just a snide remark, nothing more nothing less.

Then you pivot to a history lesson, perhaps to draw attention away from your initial intrusion and subsequent hypocrisy.

Why not contribute to the actual topic believe it or not, most of us went to school and had history lessons, we don't need you to point out the obvious.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 10, 2022, 8:00 pm

My local home area shown again with the Queens motorcade in 1970 to celebrate the landing in Australia of captain James Cook, she was at the site for the full ceremony and landing re enactment of the first landing at Kurnell then drove through our shire with people again lined up for miles and miles.

Caringbah - Kingsway - 1970. Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth 2 'motorcade' returning from the Kurnell celebrations of bi-centenary celebration of Captain James Cook sailing up the east coast of Australia. I remember watching the event on television, then driving madly, together with many other Sutherland Shire residents, to park along the Kingsway, camera in hand, waiting to take this photograph.Not much 'royal security' nor police presence in those days!

Photograph courtesy of the Jackson-Nelson Family Collection. — in Caringbah, New South Wales, Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 10, 2022, 8:02 pm

Westers likes this.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » September 10, 2022, 11:07 pm

Sydney Opera House tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 10, 2022, 11:24 pm

An appropriate tribute to a laudirory reign

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 11, 2022, 7:02 am

The new Prince n Princess of Wales release their first statement since the Queen pssed away .. well said yiung man

https://www.geo.tv/latest/439481-willia ... s-of-wales

Many people commenting on how things will change .. bank notes , postage stamps tge national anthem etc etc .. also we must get used to using the word K I N G ..as it will ve with us fir many many years with Charles Willian his heir and George after that ..

Dm

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 11, 2022, 10:35 am

Indeed you are correct DM from a Military standpoint each and every BUTTON/Badge and Flash containing the Crown will also have to change over a period of time. Although as I understand it they have at least a year for the most visible to be changed as not due until AFTER the Coronation `which will in my estimation be a warm month, May/June next year at the earliest /

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 11, 2022, 11:28 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 11, 2022, 10:35 am
Indeed you are correct DM from a Military standpoint each and every BUTTON/Badge and Flash containing the Crown will also have to change over a period of time. Although as I understand it they have at least a year for the most visible to be changed as not due until AFTER the Coronation `which will in my estimation be a warm month, May/June next year at the earliest /
Listening to the proclamation ceremony one of the bigger changes are all the governmental seals given to Ministers and MPs , i noted Charles had to approve the use of all the old seals in GB IRE and Scotland up until new ones are made and registered..

it seems it true BRITISH style all was taken into consideration by Lizzy and family in operation "London Bridge is Down" the name given to the mission upon the Queens passing.

Very sombre and strange times indeed in Blighty

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 11, 2022, 4:43 pm

If we outlive Charles Rex, then we may see all this again, in 73 years first time for me and quite moving

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 11, 2022, 4:57 pm

Anthony Albanese pledges there will be no republic referendum until his second term after Queen’s death

Someone hoping
Puts paid to whistles delight

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 11, 2022, 5:29 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
September 11, 2022, 4:43 pm
If we outlive Charles Rex, then we may see all this again, in 73 years first time for me and quite moving
I agree, though for me I am only almost as old as the queen’s reign so given the potential lifespan of Charles Rex I doubt that I will see third monarch.

What ever your opinion of the crown you will have to agree that the ceremonies and regalia are impressive
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 11, 2022, 6:55 pm

noosard wrote:
September 11, 2022, 4:57 pm
Anthony Albanese pledges there will be no republic referendum until his second term after Queen’s death

Someone hoping
Puts paid to whistles delight
Don't jump the gun noos. I spoke about a referendum no later than 2025. Nearly three years off. Albo can still ask for a mandate for a republic at the next election, then execute the legislation in his second term, a set of timing that I still anticipate.

Most referendums take place alongside federal elections, the next one is due no later than 2025, but can be called earlier at the discretion of the Prime Minister.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 11, 2022, 7:23 pm

Whistle read what he said until his second term if he has one and not due till 2025
So unless someone is either cocky or in trouble not going to happen
note second term

Return to “Obituaries”