Tony Bolton

Pay tribute to loved ones and friends here...
JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Tony Bolton

Post by JimboPSM » October 11, 2022, 12:17 pm

I had a call yesterday from Tha, his wife, to let me know that my best friend and soul mate Tony had died from a stroke at home in Vietnam yesterday.
  • Tony in Vietnam (2017)
    20170411_214510.jpg
While I have lost many friends over the years I had become so accustomed to Tony bouncing back from all the health issues he had that for him not to bounce back this time hit me hard.

Tony will be remembered by the longer term residents for his time in Udon when he lived for a number of tears at Mono Mansion and in Nong Khai where he lived near Victory Park Golf Club at T19 (some will recall that T19 was a regular haunt for Geordie before his untimely death).

Amongst the places Tony lived while in Thailand was an island in the Mekong!

After many years away from the game Tony took up golf again in Thailand, so much so that he got his wife Tha to take up the game; amongst his other hobbies he was a guitar player who wrote his own comedic songs (there were some recorded in Udon on YouTube) and he had a passion for cooking and loved fine dining.

What many will not know is that Tony, before Thailand and Vietnam, had a rather eclectic working life; his CV included being a policeman, a carpenter and a particularly brilliant engineer.

Tony founded and built up an engineering company that became a major parts supplier for Rolls Royce Aero Engines.

While, in many ways, Tony and I were absolutely poles apart (Tony was an extrovert, I am an introvert), we did have quite a lot in common – one of the oddest was that before we ever met we had the same flying instructor.

I will miss him greatly.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Tony Bolton

Post by stattointhailand » October 11, 2022, 12:53 pm

Very sad news indeed. RIP Tony and thanks for all the memories

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 11, 2022, 1:18 pm

Met Tony quite a few times both out n about and at CC ... smashing fella very amusing and had lots of great stories to tell.

RIP.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » October 11, 2022, 1:28 pm

RIP Tony. Been a while but thanks for the memories.

Tony caused me no end of problems when he encouraged his wife to take up golf. I was running the local golf society at the time and as her game improved she won most weeks. This didn't go down well with some individuals who wanted me to slash her handicap.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 11, 2022, 1:30 pm

Chiang Mai 07 Udon team.JPG
Tony & Tha with the victorious Isaan Golf team in Chang Mai 2007

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 11, 2022, 5:03 pm

RIP Tony

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » November 7, 2022, 11:45 pm

JimboPSM wrote:
October 11, 2022, 12:17 pm
..... amongst his other hobbies he was a guitar player who wrote his own comedic songs (there were some recorded in Udon on YouTube).....
With help from Tha here is an example:

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 8, 2022, 3:44 am

I never knew Tony but I remember meeting Geordie at a night market meet before his accident.

A parts supplier for Rolls Royce - not only a good engineer but clued up from a commercial perspective too, Jimbo?

Yes, RIP.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Little Italian Udon
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Little Italian Udon » November 8, 2022, 10:01 am

very honest and good friend of mine.
have a lot to remember about him.
RIP Thony
Alberto

Return to “Obituaries”