aikido udon thani

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
chopperjoey
udonmap.com

aikido udon thani

Post by chopperjoey » December 30, 2012, 2:21 pm

Happy New Year, everybody !

last month i moved from Bangkok to Udon Thani. In Udon Yhan9i i worked 6-7 days a week and had little time to practice aikido. Having more free time here in Udon Thani, i want to start practicing and studying Aikido. Are there any aikidokas here in Udon OR relaxed people who are interested in learning some aikido ? Send me a message if interested.

khawk1

aikido udon thani

Post by khawk1 » March 26, 2013, 12:23 am

Hi Joey,
I haven`t trained aikido before, but always wanted to learn, so if your interested,,
I just joined this forum so cannot write you privately. Please contact me if interested ;-)

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

aikido udon thani

Post by chopperjoey » March 26, 2013, 5:51 pm

Hi there,

send a message (with your email addres ?) to my phone 087 709 4284,

davidmata
Location: 401 Hall St. B-148 SW, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 49503 USA

Udon Thani, Aikido

Post by davidmata » June 24, 2013, 5:26 am

Hello all, my name is Dave Mata, I'm an Aikido Instructor from the US. I'm, moving to Thailand within the next year. Can you tell me about Aikido in the Udon Thani area? If there is not a traditionally run Dojo in the area?

Thanks in advance,

D. Mata
Grand Rapids Aikikai, Kyoseikan Dojo on Face Book:)

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

aikido udon thani

Post by chopperjoey » June 24, 2013, 8:44 pm

hi Dave, thanks for the reply !

There is not an aikido dojo here in Udon Thani, nor in a nearby other city. You should start one if you live here... :-)

Cheers,
Last edited by chopperjoey on January 19, 2021, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

sskiver01

aikido udon thani

Post by sskiver01 » June 27, 2013, 7:58 am

Yes Dave please open one In Udon!

davidmata
Location: 401 Hall St. B-148 SW, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 49503 USA

aikido udon thani

Post by davidmata » June 28, 2013, 12:00 am

I will be visiting in September/October. I can meet with anyone who would like to train at that time.

SPARTICUS
udonmap.com

aikido udon thani

Post by SPARTICUS » August 7, 2013, 1:18 pm

yes i would be interested in that also. I studied Taekwon do before but now to old for that and looking for something like aikido to learn in a relaxed way, so contact me when you do it \:D/

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Re: aikido udon thani

Post by chopperjoey » February 11, 2021, 9:11 am

Last year i started to practice aikido regularly in Nong Prajak park. Taking breakfalls on a hard surface isnt that good for practice though, so i made a small home dojo with standard 4 cm thick aikido mats. Anyone who is interested in practising and learning basic aikido is welcome. (located in Udon Thani city)

i myself am first dan Aikikai organisation, trained many years in Amsterdam and some times in the Aikikai HQ in Tokyo.

Please visit the facebook page Aikido Team Udon Thani.
Please contact me on line account 0877094284

Here are some of my viewpoints with regards to aikido. ;-)

About aikido. Some ppl wonder if aikido is "practical", because it lacks punches and kicks. In some situations a punch that instantly knocks out the attacker, might end the fight and the threat. But more likely a punch or kick that doesnt end the fight, only escalates the fight. And in many ordinary conflict situations, you cannot solve it by kicking and punching, but more with grapple techniques, or controling techniques. And of course the best defensive technique is avoiding the attack, de-escalating the fight, awarenes and focus, and controling the oponent.
Old martial arts are created for war, and techniques are for to kill or permanently disable the enemy with eg bone breaking techniques. All modern martial arts have transformed into martial arts for civil society, not to kill the enemy but to deal with conflicts with fellow citizens in a non lethal way.

Aikido is a great practical way to learn some skills and attitude to deal with conflicts, to stay in control, de-escalate, stay the defender and dont become the attacker which might get you in legal and moral trouble, dont create a messy public fight, etc

Think about an unarmed drunkard giving you problems at night, problems with fellow road users, agresive people in public places, etc. Instead of confrontational punch and kick strategy, a more smart out of the way ofthe attack and control the troublemaker aproach is much better and effective.

A year ago i did read about a farang driver here in Udon Thani, who tried to "solve" a road rage problem, with a baseball bat. Crazy stuff.

Or in Bangkok, a farang did win the fist fight with his Thai friend, some problems over a girl. Farang wins the fist fight, Thai person goes home gets his gun and gives the winner a lead medal.

In my viewpoint, to deal with a conflict and fight, the less punches and confrontation, the better. The aikido way is to get out of the way of attack, seize that moment to position yourself in your oponents weak spot, and control him. Minimum amount of violence, no escalation with a possible bad outcome (fist fight transform9ng into a knife fight) and minimum amount of bad feelings created that might come back to you later by the loser looking for revenge, or, possible legal troubles if you used too much force against an unarmed oponent.

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » June 12, 2021, 12:09 pm

we started to practice aikido with a few Farang people on basic aikido level. On weekdays tuesday wednesday thursday 1 pm -2 pm still available for one person to join. pm for more details or Line 0877094284 place: in the city near Tanon Tahan.

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » August 7, 2021, 4:09 pm

We posted some clips of our dojo here in Udon Thani on our facebook page Aikido Team Udon Thani. One clip shows an aikido student who started 5 weeks ago and finished the Introduction Aikido Course. Pretty amazing to see in just over a month he develops a basic level of aikido.
He continues with the Basic Aikido Course which is more dynamic and includes bokken (wooden sword) practice.

facebook Aikido Team Udon Thani

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » August 25, 2021, 3:34 pm

This week we upgraded our dojo from six mat into a nine mat dojo. :-)
Attachments
FOTO_20210825_152359.jpg

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”