Udon Thani FC 2022/23-season

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
Svein66
udonmap.com

Udon Thani FC 2022/23-season

Post by Svein66 » August 7, 2022, 1:50 am

The new football season will kick off in Thailand next weekend. One of the local teams, Udon Thani FC or UDFC, will play their first game at home next Sunday. This season they are returning to Thai National Sports University Udon Thani Campus Stadium, or IPE Stadium as some foreigners might know it as. The stadium is located just inside the ring road, west of the city centre.

UDFC is playing in Thai League 2 (T2). This season they are the only team from Isan in T2, so no local derbies. They will play 17 league games at home from next weekend until end of April, and maybe cup and/or play-off games.

The first game is next Sunday against Uthai Thani at 18.00. Ticketprices are not announced yet, but will most likely be 80-150 baht, so it`s very cheap compared to football back home for most of us.

If you want to know more about the club, you can follow the English page on Facebook, Twitter and website:
https://www.facebook.com/EnglishUDFC
https://twitter.com/EnglishUDFC
http://englishudfc.com/

The club`s official page: https://www.facebook.com/UDFC2021official

If you are interested in football, then you should attend games here as it can be fun, and you will also see other foreigners at all games.
All games will also be shown live on AIS Play.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani FC 2022/23-season

Post by Brian Davis » August 7, 2022, 4:57 am

Clearly, from other topics on the forum, many of you enjoy football. So, if you live in Udon permanently, part of the year or are just visiting, try taking in a live game and support your local team.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 7, 2022, 7:37 pm

well said from Palace fan ..........

id rather watch may mother in law chew leafs ...or make sure the uncle isnt molesting the grand kids then watch UDFC ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » August 8, 2022, 4:49 am

Oh, shame DM, when I know you've experienced all the emotions of supporting a local team.
Although I like your examples of what else to do. :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 8, 2022, 4:54 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 7, 2022, 7:37 pm
well said from Palace fan ..........

id rather watch may mother in law chew leafs ...or make sure the uncle isnt molesting the grand kids then watch UDFC ..

DM
Is that you statts?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 8, 2022, 6:11 am

Its more the teachers trying to confuse the kids as to who/what they are male/female/bi/trans/multi/unknown etc etc. just let them grow up as boys and girls like everyone before them until they are old enough to confuse matters for themselves

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » August 8, 2022, 9:05 am

stattointhailand wrote:
August 8, 2022, 6:11 am
Its more the teachers trying to confuse the kids as to who/what they are male/female/bi/trans/multi/unknown etc etc. just let them grow up as boys and girls like everyone before them until they are old enough to confuse matters for themselves
Talking about confusion. how is the above anything to do with UDFC? :?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 8, 2022, 9:48 am

stattointhailand wrote:
August 8, 2022, 6:11 am
When's the first home game again?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » August 8, 2022, 10:31 am

tamada wrote:
August 8, 2022, 9:48 am
Oh my Buddah. Stand in the corner Tamada and don't move until you've learnt the opening post by heart. ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 8, 2022, 10:57 am

Brian Davis wrote:
August 8, 2022, 10:31 am
tamada wrote:
August 8, 2022, 9:48 am
Oh my Buddah. Stand in the corner Tamada and don't move until you've learnt the opening post by heart. ;)
But I'm not the one who's so obviously confused here.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

mackat
udonmap.com

Post by mackat » August 15, 2022, 1:43 pm

Oh dear! That didn't go well. UDFC 2-4 Uthai Tani.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » August 15, 2022, 5:16 pm

Disappointing to lose the game, but not as grim as it seems - there were lots of plusses. So, I may be looking through orange-tinted glasses, but Udon had a large part of the game, certainly more chances, hit the woodwork twice, numerous goal/penalty area 'scrambles'. where the ball just wouldn't fall kindly for Udon. Uthai made the most of their far fewer chances, but I was amazed the ref failed to see or ignored a blatant two-handed push in the back, which led to Uthai's second. That said, Udon MAY have got the benefit of a not-offside decision for one of theirs. But it was an entertaining game. Udon appear to have found a gem in their Korean, midfield player. It was also great to witness a pretty good attendance after all the previous Covid restrictions. 1800 + fans and the enthusiasm with it. This was the best attendance in Thai League 2 this weekend. Highlights here https://www.facebook.com/EnglishUDFC

mackat
udonmap.com

Post by mackat » August 23, 2022, 5:15 pm

Last Sunday's result Phrae UTD 2 UDFC 1 Phrae arenow joint top and Udon is propping up the division on zero points. This week's game against Rayong is a must win.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 23, 2022, 7:00 pm

oh dear i was one of the 7 away fans to travel to Phrae and it seems "" lots of pluses Brians" UDFC are experiencing a Scunny like downturn .. at least it not really taken seriously here .. obviously theres no cash backing Udon both on the field or under the table, most know the TFL is as bent a as dogs back leg .. ??..

BTW i didnt go i was joking ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 23, 2022, 7:21 pm

We guessed that ..... including the Phrae fans (and the dog) the att was recorded as six

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » August 24, 2022, 5:09 am

Attendance actually recorded as 795, or about 15 sawngthaew's-worth, if you prefer. :lol: After all teams have played one home game, Udon still leads the attendance chart, at least. Udon cannot have any complaints about the result, second-best to Phrae for most of the game, only improving in about the last quarter. I think you know DM that I'd be the first to moan about corruption and this sickness is just about everywhere in Thailand. I certainly don't think UDFC is involved (and I wouldn't support them if I did), but it's fair to say there has been major financial difficulties, partly explained by Covid - not enough money, not enough sponsorship etc. Last season was a nightmare. I think it's general knowledge now that Udon has received some backing from Muang Thai Insurance, that's Madame Pang who runs Port, sponsors other teams and involved with the national side. The logo now appears on Udon shirts.
At home again this coming Sunday. Go and cheer your local team!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 24, 2022, 10:14 am

With so many successful local businesses, I'm surprised that some of them aren't helping out. Budgets may still be tight of course but it's about being part if the community AND getting your brand noticed. I think you can do sleeves or part or whole shirt sponsorships depending on your advertising budget?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » August 24, 2022, 12:34 pm

Yes, some local businesses have helped out and the Club is grateful to them. There's also bigger concerns like Thai Vietjet, Central, UD Town and Fitness First which, I guess, help with use of their facilities or services. Yes, advertising on shirts and boards at the stadium, picked up by live tv. The latter may have some influence on attendances and last season the Club played at SAT out at Sam Phrao - far better facilities there, just a bit far out of town, compared to the intimate, more basic, but in town Sports University. Other factors such as much lower income from attendances and from shirt sales, which can be a moneyspinner for the Club. I have to say that promised major investment in the Club from a few individuals/groups also, for whatever reasons, never came to fruition. Bit like the EPL transfer window!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 24, 2022, 4:30 pm

Maybe Udonmap can sponsor a sleeve? Or how about the FES doing one? Or the Soi Sampan bar collective? There's a three-sleeved shirt right there.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » August 24, 2022, 4:53 pm

Think I'd see it as an achievement to get some of the farang, football fans out of their comfy, home armchairs or Soi Sampan barstools once a fortnight to shout for the local team. Bring or buy your beer, if necessary, but you will have to make do with a plastic mug.

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”