Muay Thai Training/Instructor In Udon Thani

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
leweq22

Post by leweq22 » June 5, 2012, 12:02 pm

Hello everyone,

My name's Lewis and I recently (two months ago) settled in Udon for the year. I'm looking to start Muay Thai training and have heard rumors about training camps and even a private instructor who lives here, but haven't found anything or anyone concrete.

I'm a newbie, I have 2 or 3 scattered kick boxing and muay thai lessons under my belt, but I'm young and focused and want to train 3 times per week and get to a decent level of proficiency in the artform.

I'm looking for current Muay Thai classes that I can join, and if there none, I'm looking for an experienced trainer who I can book several lessons a week with. Anyone have any advice??

Cheers

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » June 5, 2012, 6:16 pm

There was a guy here a while ago called Steve Harold that fought muay thai. There was another big guy as well - can't remember his name but he set up a MT boxing business here in Udon as well. Perhaps some others with more knowledge of it can help.

footymaster
udonmap.com

Post by footymaster » June 5, 2012, 8:33 pm

hi lewis,

i have been training muay thai in udonthani for 4 years now. my instructor is called san and wife is named binny who speaks great english. he trains me 1 hour lessons 2 times a week at the sports collage which is on the ring road near the road heading to kut chap.he is an excellent trainer with a lot of experience and charges 300 bhat per hour. if you want his number just ring me on 0836609985. he can teach in the day time or evenings.

regards chris.

leweq22

Post by leweq22 » June 6, 2012, 12:39 pm

Chris,

Your instructor San sounds just like the man I'm looking for. I'll give you a call later today, thanks!

Phill, thanks and I will post up more details here as I find them - I know there must be others on Udon Map who are looking for similar info.

Philrjones
udonmap.com

Post by Philrjones » June 6, 2012, 5:52 pm

Ah, I remembered the name of the other guy who set up a training business - Marco.Don't know his last name I'm afraid. There must be something on here (UM) relating to Marco's training outfit. Try a search on muay thai and see what comes up.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » June 8, 2012, 7:20 am

Chris and Lewis , im interested in getting involved , ive sent you both a pm and im over in august so up for training and sparring if possible ,

Cheers

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » June 8, 2012, 4:56 pm

Hi.
My step daughter took a course in this, and done very well. And traveled around a few places in LOS for compitions.
In the sports college. On the ring road heading towards the airport it is on the left, just after the traffic lights to Hansa. Turn in and take the first right, then a 90 left. Carry striaght on to the bottom of the place, the road turns left. Carry on this road and the third turning on the right, i think. If you turn right here, it leads to the outside of the complex, take the first left, before the exit gate, and it is like a big hanger, on your left. This is where they do the training. I have always found someone there to help me.
My daughter, who was 11 then, did it for a year and then got fed up, i suppose like all kids at this age. They do classes from 5 year old to adults and are very good. And a reasonable price. It is a big place and you can always ask the staff for directions. Their new swimming pool is also very good. Got daughter to take swimming lessons also. Now at 14 all she is interested in is boys, the joy of bringing up kods.
Hope this helps Doug.

leweq22

Post by leweq22 » July 3, 2012, 10:30 am

A quick update on this for anyone looking to train Muay Thai in Udon, I have been training with San who Chris referred me to above, we train at the sports college. He and his wife are great, both fighters & trainers with a load of experience and knowledge. If anyone want's to train, spar or ask any questions, give me a call at 0880996213 and I'll pass on their number.

Cheers

footymaster
udonmap.com

Post by footymaster » July 4, 2012, 11:19 pm

hi guys,

went thai boxing today at the sports collage in udon , had a 1 hour lessons , top class with kru san ( over 300 fights) did stretching, warm up, shadow work, pad work, then thai pad work, then light sparring , then stretch off . very enjoyable and learnt some new tricks and improved my fitness . if anyone is looking for top class muay thai training then pm me and i will pass on kru san details.

veblin

Post by veblin » September 12, 2012, 10:03 pm

any boxers want to train in nonprajack. let me know

veblin

Post by veblin » September 23, 2012, 2:34 pm

or circuit training at the park for fun.The more the merrier.
aikido, jujutsu, judo, systema, boxing etc. Something dynamic and challenging.
If there's anyone who likes that sort of thing.

Canadan

Post by Canadan » December 6, 2012, 1:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I have read the posts about kru San that teaches at the Sports College, and I would like to know if he is still doing that. I will be in Udon for 4 weeks and would like to start learning Muay Thai (I'm a beginner). Does anyone have kru San's coordinates?

Kop kun krap all.

Cheers,

Daniel

footymaster
udonmap.com

Post by footymaster » December 7, 2012, 6:46 pm

hi there
yes kru san is still training his students, he used to work for master toddy in bangkok. he had about 300 fights. he is an great trainer and has a lot of experience . i have been training thai boxing for 12 years now so i know a good trainer from an average one. ring his wife binny speak great english for info on training and private lessons on 0803501605.

Regards chris.

shocker

Post by shocker » September 28, 2013, 6:24 pm

Guys - word of warning. I went to the centre to check it out and and organize some training. Kru San wasn't there then but a guy called Kru Vee was and he basically said that he was doing the training. So I arranged a session. I'm not a complete beginner but all he really did was just hold pads and his own technique didn't look that great to me. anyway i was still keen so I booked and paid for another session with him this week and he never bloody turned up! when i called him he just gave me some BS about having to go out of town or something! So my advice is to stay away from this bloke. He's a *****. I called Kru San to complain and spoke to his wife and found out that this Vee guy is nothing to do with them.

binster
udonmap.com

Post by binster » October 2, 2013, 5:58 pm

Hello everybody.

Just to let you know that we are training at different locations in Udon whilst our own gym is still being built. If anybody is interested in training with us please call 0803501605 so we can give details about which location we are at that day.

sorry if any confusion and thank you everybody for your support so far :)

Kru Binny & Ajarn San

footymaster
udonmap.com

Post by footymaster » October 2, 2013, 8:41 pm

Went thai boxing training today with Kru SAN, I had a very good 1 hour private lesson, he speaks some english, he is a very good trainer and is very reliable , i have been training with him know for 2 years. I have been training in thai boxing know for 13 years some i know a good trainer from a bad one. If you want any info, call Chris on 0836609985. Enjoy your training.

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » October 3, 2013, 4:08 pm

Also worth knowing, Ajarn San and Kru Bin have a new website with all their contact info:

http://muaythaiudon.com
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

jacob6
udonmap.com

Post by jacob6 » October 3, 2013, 7:08 pm

Kru Wee is not a "*****", he is a nice guy, always willing to help. Nothing wrong with his technique either.

Kru Wee, San and Binny are all good people and good trainers.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » October 3, 2013, 8:35 pm

Ill be there in Jan/Feb so ill definetly try a few sessions with Kru San's team.

Thanks for the info

SJP17

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » October 4, 2013, 10:12 pm

Ajarn San showing traditional Thai Boran technique.

http://muaythaiudon.com/the-luk-khao-ni ... don-thani/
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”