Udon Thani FC - The 2013-season

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » January 9, 2013, 9:07 pm

Division 2 North/Eastern region 2013 has the same 16 teams as last season. The league kicks off on February 16/17.
Let`s hope UDFC can get to the promotion play-offs this year!

Those who are on Facebook can find UDFC-pages here:
The club:
http://www.facebook.com/Udonthani.FC
The fanclub:
http://www.facebook.com/udfc.fanclub

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » January 9, 2013, 9:49 pm

Udon Thani will travel to Roi Et United on the first day of the season (February 16th).

นักรบช้าง

Post by นักรบช้าง » January 14, 2013, 3:03 pm

I've seen some nice looking jerseys with embroidered patches and tees for UDFC, but never have been able to find anything that fits comfortably. Anyone know where there are larger sizes available?

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » January 16, 2013, 6:45 am

นักรบช้าง wrote:I've seen some nice looking jerseys with embroidered patches and tees for UDFC, but never have been able to find anything that fits comfortably. Anyone know where there are larger sizes available?
I think there is an UDFC shop in Udon, but I don`t know where.
Maybe you can get an answer here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Udonthan ... 0059045329

Those who are on twitter can follow UDFC here: https://twitter.com/udfclive

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » January 18, 2013, 2:17 am

Anyone know when the first home game is? I've still not managed to catch one and it would be a good place to meet a few regulars off here.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » January 18, 2013, 4:04 am

neeemu wrote:Anyone know when the first home game is? I've still not managed to catch one and it would be a good place to meet a few regulars off here.
Only the first round is published so far, away to Roi Et on February 16th. I`m guessing the first homegame will be February 23/24.

tkvicksson
udonmap.com

Post by tkvicksson » January 18, 2013, 1:37 pm

Bought the black away shirt yesterday at Firstsport.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 18, 2013, 3:07 pm

tkvicksson wrote:Bought the black away shirt yesterday at Firstsport.
I'd be the first to admit that getting reliable information about the Club in meaningful English is difficult, but I did believe that the shirts chosen for the forthcoming season were orange, of course, at home, but BLUE away - this after a competition to design colours/styles.The facebook sites mentioned by the OP on this topic seem to confirm that (a post on 4 Jan). I THINK black was used in a previous season.
I'd certainly buy a blue for my attendance next season. I'd pass on the black and orange, for that matter.

tkvicksson
udonmap.com

Post by tkvicksson » January 18, 2013, 6:32 pm

Yes. It was the 2012 away shirt. 350 bath.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » January 21, 2013, 5:16 pm

I think these are the new shirts for the coming season, without a main sponsor. Last year they didn`t get a sponsor on the shirts until 2nd or third game.
537111_450658644999689_2079315591_n.jpg

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » January 21, 2013, 5:40 pm

The tough start to the season, away to Roi Et United, is getting even harder. The 2nd game will also be away, to Loei City, before the first home game on March 3rd, when Ubon UMT (new name this season) is visiting.

The first 5 games of the season:
16 February Vs Roi Et UTD [away]
24 February Vs Loei City [away]
3 March Vs Ubon UMT FC [home]
9 March Vs Mukdahan City [away]
16 March Vs Sakonnakhon FC [home]

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » January 23, 2013, 10:55 pm

Udon Thani will play a friendly match vs Chaiyaphum FC on Saturday, Jan 26 at 6pm.
The new shirt will be sold at the game.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » January 24, 2013, 6:40 pm

Svein66 wrote:Udon Thani will play a friendly match vs Chaiyaphum FC on Saturday, Jan 26 at 6pm.
The new shirt will be sold at the game.
Chaiyaphum FC will come to Udon Thani again on February 2nd or 3rd for a Toyota League Cup game. The draw was made today.

chipthepoodle
udonmap.com

Post by chipthepoodle » January 26, 2013, 1:14 pm

Thank you for that, can you let me know of future matches the facebook site does not translate to English.

chipthepoodle
udonmap.com

Post by chipthepoodle » January 26, 2013, 1:17 pm

นักรบช้าง wrote:I've seen some nice looking jerseys with embroidered patches and tees for UDFC, but never have been able to find anything that fits comfortably. Anyone know where there are larger sizes available?
If you did not go too central when they were there you can but at the football ground Physical Education site on Ring Road

chipthepoodle
udonmap.com

Post by chipthepoodle » January 26, 2013, 1:19 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
tkvicksson wrote:Bought the black away shirt yesterday at Firstsport.
I'd be the first to admit that getting reliable information about the Club in meaningful English is difficult, but I did believe that the shirts chosen for the forthcoming season were orange, of course, at home, but BLUE away - this after a competition to design colours/styles.The facebook sites mentioned by the OP on this topic seem to confirm that (a post on 4 Jan). I THINK black was used in a previous season.
I'd certainly buy a blue for my attendance next season. I'd pass on the black and orange, for that matter.
New away shirt is Blue home is Orange no sponsors on shirts as yet.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » January 26, 2013, 3:45 pm

Another picture of the new homeshirt:
72358_445165135538464_1017824574_n.jpg
I won`t buy it until they have a sponsor.
chipthepoodle wrote:Thank you for that, can you let me know of future matches the facebook site does not translate to English.
I will try to update this thread all season, hopefully with others doing the same. The two FB-pages has said they will use English language too in the future, and the clubs page has posted about today`s game in English now. Anyway, not everone is on FB, so updates here might be good. :D

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 27, 2013, 7:29 am

Excuse me Svein, but the League Cup game next week is against Maharsarakham, NOT Chaiyaphum. I did think that when I viewed the draw chart, but checked it with fans at the game yesterday.
I'm pleased it's not Chaiyaphum again. Although I was quite impressed with Udon and a few players in particular, I thought both teams gave 100% in what was a friendly, I'd imagine that Chaiyaphum would surely obtain a better result in a second game so soon. Udon won 5-1.
New shirts were on sale. Whilst intending to buy a blue away shirt, it wasn't as smart as I'd hoped for (contains mauve? as well), so I bought the orange complete with the printed Giant Warrior!!! An expensive c.500 baht for sure, but income for the Club - I hope. I'm not sure what happened, but the shirts don't appear to match the winners in the design competition a while back and there were far better designs. But I'm grateful, at least, that symbols of 4000+ years old Ban Chiang pottery is not incorporated, which didn't seem a good idea for a Club trying to progress. :lol: Oh, perhaps worth taking a spare shirt to 'match up' sizes if you're intending to buy a shirt, as perhaps the vendors not too happy as you try to force on various samples. Crazily, whilst considering I'm only of average build (well, XL normally fine for me, providing a loose fit), I ended up with one labelled XXXL! The sizes bear little comparison to those used e.g. in UK.

One hopes more information is provided is English on websites/facebook about the Club, but I wouldn't bet on it. Google/Bing translations are hilarious. I spoke to the Club owner, recovering from his bypass operation, and fans yesterday. I confess to embarrassment when asking them 'can you speak English?', when one responded 'can you speak Thai?' and after quite a few years here, I cannot speak/read/write Thai, other than basics. Shame on me. The ability just to read would certainly help with finding out what's going on at the Club.

Incidentally, the Club appears to have lost two African forwards from last season, who both contributed much to a fairly good season season, but I'm very pleased to see the defender is still here - a mainstay of the team, in my opinion.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » January 27, 2013, 8:23 am

I would like to see an offical club shop, with a good range of sizes. Udon Thani FC enjoys a vast catchment area.
The club just needs more marketing.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » January 27, 2013, 12:08 pm

Brian Davis wrote:Excuse me Svein, but the League Cup game next week is against Maharsarakham, NOT Chaiyaphum. I did think that when I viewed the draw chart, but checked it with fans at the game yesterday.
It was the club on FB who said Chaiyaphum when I asked them to translate their post about the draw. An official confirmation should come in a day or two as the game is to be played next weekend.

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”