Cross Bows

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
bumper
udonmap.com

Cross Bows

Post by bumper » December 22, 2016, 7:00 pm

Is it legal to bring one through customs?

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Re: Cross Bows

Post by jai yen yen » December 23, 2016, 12:10 am

I don't know for sure but it would probably be in the same category as a firearm.

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » December 23, 2016, 7:57 am

Ray, crossbows are legal to have, actually unregulated. Amazon has better selection than ebay. Stick with name brand.

Google is your friend. Not all bolts go with all crossbows. If new to it, youtube has some excellent tutorials and advice

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » December 23, 2016, 11:39 am

I have seen them and know they were sold at the Nong Khai market. They can cause a lot f harm if they were used for that.

On the other hand might lead to a good sport.

Looks like Walmart have a good selection.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » December 23, 2016, 11:46 am

bumper wrote:Is it legal to bring one through customs?
Sort of.

TSA says that you can send them in checked bags but cannot carry them on the plane. https://www.tsa.gov/prohibited-items/bows-and-arrows.

CBP says that you can take them into the U.S. but that you had best check with the authorities at the port of entry to see if there are any relevant state regulations. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail ... rsonal-use.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » December 23, 2016, 11:53 am

Actually if I do it I was thinking of purchasing in America bring them here in my luggage.

I still have to talk to the archery range and see if they will let me use it there.

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”