Udon Thani Hash House Harriers.

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
Sport
udonmap.com

AUSTRALIA DAY at AUSSIE BAR- Udon Thani Hash House Harriers.

Post by Sport » January 25, 2018, 11:24 am

Just bumping for a reminder.

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Australia day.

Post by AussieBoy » January 25, 2018, 4:06 pm

Rob do you know if I need to do a visa extension, runs out on the 26th, do I need to go to NK for 1 month extension, or can the local Imm office do it, thanks , see you tomorrow
Kally
Master Builder

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Hash House Harriers.

Post by Aardvark » January 26, 2018, 4:39 am

Have one for me guys, and wear the Flag proudly =D>

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Re: Australia day.

Post by marjamlew » January 26, 2018, 6:53 am

AussieBoy wrote:
January 25, 2018, 4:06 pm
Rob do you know if I need to do a visa extension, runs out on the 26th, do I need to go to NK for 1 month extension, or can the local Imm office do it, thanks , see you tomorrow
Kally
Kally,
I have extended a tourist visa at udon immigration a number of times. Fill in the form, cough up the 1900b (?) and bob's ya uncle.
Lew
Watch Me!!

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » January 26, 2018, 9:50 am

Heading down there now, Aussie day today, the birth of British bastards
Master Builder

Hammock

Post by Hammock » January 29, 2018, 4:50 pm

What is the best way for a hasher from chiang mai to contact the hash group here in udon. I think they want to do an outstation here.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » January 30, 2018, 11:04 am

Gday Hammock, you can call me on 0840934089, Rob.

Bugger all was accomplished at the HHH meeting on Friday that coincided with Australia Day. The HHH members did what they normally do when their is no run, drank heaps of beer and food.

Hammock

Post by Hammock » January 30, 2018, 2:22 pm

Tks Rob, i've passed your number on

NavyDave59

Post by NavyDave59 » February 7, 2018, 11:24 am

Hello,

I'm in the UD area - Chiang Yuen - for a couple of weeks and would love to meet up with a smelly bunch of old farts.

Is the group still active?

My line ID is NavyDave59.
[email protected]

On-On

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » February 8, 2018, 10:23 am

Hello Navy Dave. Welcome, I have sent you an email. Our next meeting is at the bar, 3pm this Sunday 11 Feb for those wishing to attend. Rob.

Sport
udonmap.com

RUN - Udon Thani Hash House Harriers.

Post by Sport » February 19, 2018, 2:14 pm

From the meeting held on Sun 11 Feb. The Run on Sun 25 Feb starting at the bar.

The run will be called the "Udon Thani H3 Resurrection No.1". All are welcome including wives, partners, kids etc. Registration at 3pm and the run starts at 4pm sharp. Richard (Stumbles) will be the hare and John (Hurricane) will be the co-hare.

Hope to see you at the bar, Rob. 0840934089.

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » February 20, 2018, 5:34 pm

As a 'bump up' may I point out that the word 'hash' in this context does not have any connection with any illegal substance.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » February 23, 2018, 9:57 pm

caducus wrote:
February 20, 2018, 5:34 pm
As a 'bump up' may I point out that the word 'hash' in this context does not have any connection with any illegal substance.
Don't need 'hashish', they get smashed just on booze.

Bootlegger

Post by Bootlegger » March 6, 2018, 9:57 am

Hey, this is Bootlegger. Part of the founding committee for the USHHH. Great to see you guys are thinking of rekindling the hash. I might even have some of the old hash records from that time. I certainly have some old t-shirts stashed away for safe keeping. It's been a while, but I tend to hoard things.

Anyway, I would love to hear how you guys are doing and perhaps stop by my net time through Thailand. Shame I did not see this sooner, as we just went through Laos for the Mekhong Indochina 2017. Great fun!

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » March 8, 2018, 6:42 pm

Hello Bootlegger. The current Hash House is a bit slow but we are getting there. I am in Australia till the end of March for a holiday and my lady is having a holiday in her village and she will re-open the bar around March 15. If you have any of the old records or T shirts they will be greatly appreciated by the members.

Otherwise I hope we can meet you after my return and thanks, Rob.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 8, 2018, 7:14 pm

I participated along with then girlfriend, now wife, in the well-established Phuket HHH during my couple of years living down there. Good fun, lots of humour, banter, many countries represented, some members taking the 'run' seriously, others walking, stumbling, crawling along. :lol: I don't think the exercise ever threatened the drinking after! No desire to put a damper on your efforts, but whilst Phuket had many attractive places to "on, on", personally I'd struggle to find good places in Udon. But I hope you can. I'll add that Phuket did have this bar/restaurant which was recognised as H/Q, as it were.

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » March 10, 2018, 4:37 pm

Thank you Brian Davis for your good wishes in your post immediately above this one.

You raise the question of the nature of the Hash House Harriers. Is it a running club with a drinking problem, or is it a drinking club with a running problem?

It could be one, it could be the other, or it could be neither of the above. There are no rules on the hash, it is, as they say,' up to you.'

Some run, some walk and talk, some look for the earliest possible short cut, and some never ever venture out onto the trail. Some drink a lot, some drink a little, and there are those that don't drink at all.

As to whether Udon Thani will be able to provide suitable places for hashing, the only way to give a definite answer to this question is for all those who are interested to come along and see for themselves. I have hashed in many parts of Thailand and Laos, and also in the U.K. and on every occasion have been delighted to discover parts of the city and parts of the country that most people - residents and tourists - never get to see.

What joys will Udon Thani reveal if and when the hash becomes a reality? Let us wait and see.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 10, 2018, 5:47 pm

I'll just add, perhaps it's the norm with HHH's anyway, that a 'run' at a location was selected somewhere and members gathered there, rather than always setting out from HQ. Normally the afters were at the location too, with organisers bringing the beer, food etc., occasionally back at HQ depending on the distance involved. Of course, if the location/run was not great, whoever chose it was in for a pile of abuse! :lol:

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » March 12, 2018, 1:03 am

Sport wrote:
March 8, 2018, 6:42 pm
Hello Bootlegger. The current Hash House is a bit slow but we are getting there. I am in Australia till the end of March for a holiday and my lady is having a holiday in her village and she will re-open the bar around March 15. If you have any of the old records or T shirts they will be greatly appreciated by the members.

Otherwise I hope we can meet you after my return and thanks, Rob.
Will that be with the sports on TV, some Camel Riders here getting tired of the Sports/ Handle bar seen, to noisy, Lees waking around in circles, Simon keeps tripping over the gutters in Soi farang, and Mark is on hand looking after them, their missing the Grass hut lounge.
Master Builder

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » March 12, 2018, 2:22 pm

Sorry AB for the late reply, been travelling around Oz and no networks. Unfortunately there will no sports at the bar while I am away. Its a bit of a challenge to set up 3 or 4 TVs with different live sports at the same time, I asked a couple of regular customers could they do it and they replied, "We dont want the stress or headaches lol".

Advise the boys to keep watching it at the Sports bar or Harrys. I believe John at the Elephant Bar (was Benchwarmers) has 3 TVs up and running for sports and its a great bar for food and sports.

You got a job yet AB?.

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”