Are all Thai Girls Immature or Child-like?

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
nkstan
udonmap.com

Re: Are all Thai Girls Immature or Child-like?

Post by nkstan » September 2, 2010, 9:16 am

:lol: :lol: Hey OT,were you ''pedding around'' in the old days?? \:D/ :lol:

nmp
udonmap.com

Post by nmp » September 3, 2010, 8:28 am

panick wrote:
old-timer wrote:OT found his wife dancing around a pole in pattaya about 12 years ago. She's always been a bit of a handful but she has got her qualities and suited me. There is a ten year age gap between us and she has a mental age of nine and a half, so all in all, all's well and I'm not complaining. Our kids are great and our lifestyle is great one minute and a disaster the next. She's not perfect but I would put her at the top of my WFB list.
She's getting a bit used to her laptop now so if she ever reads my posts and cottons on who I am my penis will be amputated with a kitchen knife.

OT.......... \:D/
Okay OT .... You're apparently in your 30's (previous posts) .... That puts your wife at what age when you met her????
If the truth is being told, simple math says he found her when she was legally too young to work in a bar.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 3, 2010, 11:38 am

Point taken Arjay, but his question is still idiotic as it suggests that all Thai women might fit this category. His vision and understanding of life seems very limited.

As to the question, it is a qualified no. I have yet to meet an immature or child-like Thai woman although one has told me that I have the mental development of a 12-year old, and her statement was not altogether in jest. My answer is qualified because I have yet to meet all Thai women.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » September 3, 2010, 12:36 pm

OT's in his early 40's and he messed up a comment on a previous post which isn't unusual. But for you guys then to make comments about my wife is a bit out of order. I thought that having a dig at other people's wives and girlfriends was off limits which is why I don't do it. The members of this forum who made comments about my wife should remember this when OT will now start making comments about your wife or girlfriend. Don't start complaining when I do.

OT....... \:D/

Jockey
udonmap.com

Post by Jockey » September 3, 2010, 1:09 pm

To answer the original post, here my view. Bear in mind this is to be taken in the context of generalisations. I'm sure we accept the premise that the age difference between Farang Males and Thai Girls who set up relationships over here tend to be large. If one has relationships and associations with people half your age then of course your perception is going to be these young people you are having relationships with are immature. I'm sure if I went home and hang about with girls half my age, my perception would be these girls back home are immature. So, bearing this in mind, I think Thai girls are no different to any other girls on the planet, its just we have an unusual opportunity to set up relationships with young girls over here and these opportunities are not so common in most other countries, so its not only our perception they are immature, THEY ARE IMMATURE but only when you compare them to our age! I'm sure if we were dating over 40's and over 50's over here we wouldn't think they were so immature. But why date the mother when you can date the daughter! :lol:

Here is a fun example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLd3-cfLlvU

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » September 3, 2010, 3:21 pm

Tilokarat wrote:Point taken Arjay, but his question is still idiotic as it suggests that all Thai women might fit this category. His vision and understanding of life seems very limited.

As to the question, it is a qualified no. I have yet to meet an immature or child-like Thai woman although one has told me that I have the mental development of a 12-year old, and her statement was not altogether in jest. My answer is qualified because I have yet to meet all Thai women.
Well obviously you do have the mental age of a 12 year old as you read into my question what you wanted to read into it and your first post was to take the mickey and not to answer the question like you have done now, only when spurned on by the Mod!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 3, 2010, 7:51 pm

There's a connection between this thread and the 'newbies' thread. I just can't put my finger on it.
Lest I be accused of going off topic, my answer is, "No".

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » September 3, 2010, 8:51 pm

Jockey wrote:To answer the original post, here my view. Bear in mind this is to be taken in the context of generalisations. I'm sure we accept the premise that the age difference between Farang Males and Thai Girls who set up relationships over here tend to be large. If one has relationships and associations with people half your age then of course your perception is going to be these young people you are having relationships with are immature. I'm sure if I went home and hang about with girls half my age, my perception would be these girls back home are immature. So, bearing this in mind, I think Thai girls are no different to any other girls on the planet, its just we have an unusual opportunity to set up relationships with young girls over here and these opportunities are not so common in most other countries, so its not only our perception they are immature, THEY ARE IMMATURE but only when you compare them to our age! I'm sure if we were dating over 40's and over 50's over here we wouldn't think they were so immature. But why date the mother when you can date the daughter! :lol:

Here is a fun example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLd3-cfLlvU
=D> =D> =D> A very mature post in the midst of a lot of silliness. ;) I agree 100%. :mrgreen:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 3, 2010, 9:18 pm

I don't. :D

Age and maturity don't necessarily follow like day and night.

Given the number of farangs who have presented their sad stories over the years on UdonMap (and numerous other Thai related forums) it would be easy to estimate their emotional (and rational) levels as being well below that of your average Issan Thai woman.

An equally relevant question (if you are happy with the type of inaccurate generalisation implicit in the thread title) would be "Are All Farangs New To Thailand Led By Their Dicks"?

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » September 4, 2010, 3:41 am

@Dermontc
People are going to post whatever they want to "your" thread. Attempts to control it will always be futile because you do not have mod privileges over "your" thread (it would be a nice feature to activate if it is available, though). So, relax a bit and let it go where it goes. Occasionally, those of us who "get" your intent will post a relevant reply. Barking at strays just adds to the clutter.

Just my song stang.

udonuk1
udonmap.com

Post by udonuk1 » September 5, 2010, 12:45 am

The consensus seems to be "No", it is because of their ACTUAL age.
But being devious, dishonest, devilish, ah that is another matter .........

But you seem like a sensible serious chap, Dermott, you must have asked the question for a reason, because you thought Thai ladies are immature.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » September 5, 2010, 8:37 am

Failte Dermott,

I think the age difference in falang/thai relationships leads to a perception of "immature".

I'm think also there are some thai girls that are "greedy" etc. There are many that honest, decent and hardworking. Dont tar all with same brush.

I think more important is the "mindset" - thais in genral have a diffrent world view, largely underpinned by buddhist precepts - they can more easily accept a sitution we cannot tolerate on the basis that nothing is permanent and accpect adversary in ways we cannot. Yes - this translates to a certain "childlike" response (acceptance) of a situation. (This tolerance is what allows them to "accept us as we are" (i think).

I have seen my GF take some heavy news or situation with a calm acceptance that astounds me. In such a case I would be frantic and laying blame on anybody and everything - her response is to say 'its not my time" (to get what she wanted), shed a tear and then move on.

The thai approach is different - that is what many of us like about LOS and its people. You have to acepted this difference - also, the onus is on you to modify your beaviour and find the "middle ground".

In broad terms - you get back what you give out - many falangs "use" thai girls and are surprised then that they then get upset when the favour is reurned.

Many thai girls have little education - but (i think) have highly developed intuition to compensate. Treated with care, love, respect and kindness they are probably the most devoted of partners possible. Through time a thai gf will become more "falang" - they are like sponges and absorb concepts and experience.

Also, there is no social security safety net in LOS - so "security" is more important to them than what we would call "love" - more so than falang women who do have at least a minimum fall back position. The fallback position of a thai girl can be simple hunger and poverty (and that poverty is is more severe tha that experinecd by somebody living in the old Sherrif St flats (or the Gorbles) - if they still exist).

Treat your gf as her own person - and dont be foolish - even as you would not be foolish in a relationship with a falang gf

Slan leat

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 5, 2010, 8:52 am

Good post ronan. =D>

udonuk1
udonmap.com

Post by udonuk1 » September 5, 2010, 11:15 am

I predict that Ronan will one day receive a HUGE lesson from the Water Buffalo University about Thai ladies.
Maybe i should let you into a not so little secret Ronan, THEY LIKE YOU ONLY FOR YOUR MONEY

Naive warblings about treating Thai ladies with love etc is hilarious. The only difference between regular Thai ladies and bargirls , is, THE AMOUNT OF TIME THAT YOU SPEND WITH THEM. The only reason that they seem to be devoted wives is THAT IT IS A JOB TO THEM, NOTHING ELSE !

But i agree with you about their maturity

udonuk1
udonmap.com

Post by udonuk1 » September 5, 2010, 11:30 am

As i have said in an earlier post, i understand why farangs worship their Thai wives, they have never been treated like this before. But men have to learn a lesson about Thai women and WOMEN in GENERAL, such devotion will only continue IF YOUR CASH FLOWS CONTINUOUSLY towards the Thai lady and their (grasping) family, but ........ you must learn that lesson for yourself

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » September 5, 2010, 12:57 pm

Udonuk1, you are generalising in your last two posts above. I've had 2 relationships where my partners "devotion" wasn't based on a "continuous cash flow" towards her or her family. One Thai and one Lao relationship. ;)

Perhaps some farangs need to be more selective in their choice of partner! ;)

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » September 5, 2010, 1:20 pm

udonuk1 wrote:As i have said in an earlier post, i understand why farangs worship their Thai wives, they have never been treated like this before. But men have to learn a lesson about Thai women and WOMEN in GENERAL, such devotion will only continue IF YOUR CASH FLOWS CONTINUOUSLY towards the Thai lady and their (grasping) family, but ........ you must learn that lesson for yourself
I think the lesson you must learn udonk1 is that. in most things in life there will be winners and losers. I am fortunately one of the winners at this particular game . It appears you aren't .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » September 5, 2010, 1:51 pm

My wife and I have only been together for five years, but I believe that she contributes more to the marriage than I do. My life is comfortable, interesting, fun, organized and satisfying because of her. She is a mature woman in her late thirties and worth every baht that I've invested the relationship.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » September 5, 2010, 2:13 pm

Some great posts there lads even from udonuk1. Hes obviouly been burnt at one point or another, like the rest of us, maybe a little deeper. Ok maybe its a genralisation but if thats his experience, i appreciate him sharing it

Ronan, Conas a ta tu? Great post there so thanks for that.

udonuk1
udonmap.com

Post by udonuk1 » September 5, 2010, 4:12 pm

Arjay, i have read your other posts, you are good man. I just give my personal experiences, I am sure that you found some good ones, yes.

I try not to make or respond to personal remarks , they are a sign of losing the argument, and normally a female action. BUT maybe i just have higher standards than people like "trubrit", who obviously has a big public sector pension and already paid a few million baht to his wife's family's sick water buffalo fund .

I'm not willing to put up with bad female behaviour anymore, men must start to treat relationships with women as expendable if they have any flaws. We must stop being manipulated by females using sex as a weapon.

Personally i find ALL women pathologically self centred , entitlement princesses, Thai ladies VERY much included. But maybe i will be surprised one day. Current women HAVE to change, they are amongst the WORST human beings that have EVER lived on this planet.

Good luck to all men in Thailand, most will find happiness here , but beware ! Thai ladies are very very devious cunning and greedy. They match up very well with sex tourists, they are the perfect partnership (i'm not saying that is bad).

You still haven't really explained WHY you asked the question yet, Dermott !

Return to “Society and culture”