Good Food very Photo Opportunity

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 20, 2015, 4:20 pm

In Dose again for my magarita pizza fix..... Wondering how many people go to fine Udon eating establishments these days for the food...... And how many go for the photo opportunity.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 20, 2015, 5:59 pm

no photo of the pizza parrot ? :lol: . I can understand sponsors doing it, or even a customers doing it when the get served up something that looks mouth watering, but a plate of chips is a plate of chips. look on the bright side. I have met some of you guy's, and i'm also glad none of you have caught the selfie bug :D
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 20, 2015, 6:11 pm

No photo.....I took it home and devoured it with my wife.

No, the thought occurred to me as I watched a dose-load of customers taking selfies, groupies, and photos of the food.....which I'm sure found their way onto social media in an instant. I've done it with our daughter who's back in the US and salivates when she sees a dish of good Thai food. My thought was along the lines of.......if it weren't for social media, for instant photo gratification......would people still gravitate toward the fancier places in town......or would they be happy with their 30Baht dish of pahtgrapao?
It was just a thought.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 20, 2015, 6:24 pm

This also goes for our regular selfie booze lovers ... little thought goes in to the choice/style of beer but the more unusal funkier and stylish the glassware the more the selfie appeals ... i must be an old fuddy duddy as i can get my head round all this selfie stuff and taking photos of everything in your immediate vicinity ... i remember the good old days when mobile phones were the size of shoE boxes and you could make a telephone call on them .. ONLY...

oH BUGGAR IM MORPHING INTO AN OLD FART !!
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 20, 2015, 6:30 pm

true , do they do it when out late at night eating road side noodles ? as for selfies, took one of myself once, not only did I feel narcissistic doing it, I also had not realized I look like this . as you can guess I won't be doing anymore selfies
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » November 20, 2015, 6:53 pm

I'd say it's 60% there for selfies & social posts, 40% there for the actual food, which definitely has to be "good" or the selfie is "invalid", not redeemable for hipness points...

It's safer than taking selfies outside with friends or animals in the tropics where a selfie might get interrupted by a giant hornet or ambitious tuk-tuk driver seeking a fare...

RW
o-CAMEL-SELFIE-facebook.jpg
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

Return to “Society and culture”