Reticulated

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
parrot
udonmap.com

Reticulated

Post by parrot » June 18, 2016, 2:34 pm

A few days ago we got to see a water monitor close up and personal. Today, it's a reticulated python, งูเหลือม.....2.5 meters or so. Same as with the lizard.....he was caught in some netting that borders our yard (to keep the dogs in and the chickens out). With the help of a neighbor and his gardener, we got him out....still alive and well. Placed him in a large garbage can and released him a few km away.
We've seen a lot of snakes in our neck of the jungle over the 20 years, but never a python. Wonder what tomorrow will bring.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Reticulated

Post by stattointhailand » June 18, 2016, 3:30 pm

" Placed him in a large garbage can and released him a few km away."

Wow, would have expected him to be placed in a large sauce pan along with hot water, veggies etc :lol:
2 1/2 metres would be big enough to feed half the village :-k

747man
udonmap.com

Reticulated

Post by 747man » June 18, 2016, 6:03 pm

stattointhailand wrote:" Placed him in a large garbage can and released him a few km away."

Wow, would have expected him to be placed in a large sauce pan along with hot water, veggies etc :lol:
2 1/2 metres would be big enough to feed half the village :-k
You WICKED Man....... :shock: :shock:

redwolf
udonmap.com

Reticulated

Post by redwolf » June 19, 2016, 1:32 am

hey parrot, what kind of netting is it? do you get it in town?
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

parrot
udonmap.com

Reticulated

Post by parrot » June 19, 2016, 9:53 am

Almost directly across the street from the Kasikorn Bank on Phosri Rd......they sell all sorts of netting, plastic sheeting, screening, rope, fishing line, etc. You can buy it in big hole or small hole size. One pack stretches out many meters. We put some up to keep one of our dogs from going into a neighbor's yard....chickens.
Attachments
Studio_20160619_094755.jpg

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: Reticulated

Post by glalt » November 28, 2016, 4:26 pm

A couple years ago my wife and I went to look at a small piece of land. When we got there, we saw some activity around a chicken coup. Walking over, I saw a pretty large snake, probably two meters long tangled in fishing net. I'm certainly no snake expert but I thought it was a rat snake. The old man and woman who lived there asked me to leave it alone. Their son was on his way over to untangle the poor creature.

It was their daughter who had taken us there. I saw her later and asked her about the snake. Her brother killed it and they ate it. I should have known what was going to happen. I don't kill any snake, not even cobras.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 28, 2016, 5:36 pm

" I don't kill any snake, not even cobras."

Any particular reason glalt? :-k

don't like the taste, or just like having loads of snakes breeding in your neighbourhood :confused:

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 29, 2016, 9:57 am

I think snakes are useful creatures. They eat mice, rats and even other snakes. I prefer to let nature deal with it naturally. Most snakes are very shy, particularly cobras. They get out of your way if at all possible.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 29, 2016, 1:28 pm

glalt wrote:I think snakes are useful creatures. They eat mice, rats and even other snakes. I prefer to let nature deal with it naturally. Most snakes are very shy, particularly cobras. They get out of your way if at all possible.
First of all you won't let them kill and eat the snake, then ya let the snake eat all the rats and mice :shock:

That's about a weeks food for my family's village ......... oh well Takatean and rice again tonight by the looks of it (unless that bloomin' snakes ate the takataen as well :lol: ) ....... roll on buffalo birth season and some afterbirth soup :-$

Return to “Society and culture”