Thai Beauty Pageant Cancels Plans to Debut in North Carolina

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
parrot
udonmap.com

Thai Beauty Pageant Cancels Plans to Debut in North Carolina

Post by parrot » December 29, 2016, 9:57 am

Sometimes when friends in the US ask me, "What's life like in Thailand?, it's hard to give them an answer they can comprehend.
You can tell them all you like about 3, 4, 5, or even 6 people riding a 125 cc motorcycle all day long......where as a 5 second video clip would help cement an image in their mind.
With that in mind, if anyone ever asks whether transgenders are accepted in Thai society, you could refer them to the clip below.
http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/adv ... -beautiful
t.i.t.........real or fake

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Beauty Pageant Cancels Plans to Debut in North Carolina

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 29, 2016, 11:01 am

For those expats who have lived here for a considerable time this is the norm and not really unusal , for those looking in from the outside it can be deemed very a strange occurrence ... a school boys beauty pageant event ... views also depend on the outsiders life experiences and personal thoughts on sexuality which here in Thailand is some what different with boys n girls lads n lasses being added to by Third Gender , Toms , Gays and any thing else i ve missed out .

Personally i dont have a problem with any gender , their choice tho some times i find their actions and mannerisms quite amusing the prancing Kateoy for instance :D .. live n let live i say .

To add and be quite blunt , not wishing to start UM world war 7 ..... is it possible that it could be this Thai soft approach and acceptance of multi genders that leads to so many expat weirdos with **** and or other tendencies arriving on these shores , getting involved with Thai families or in an education position in turn when things go wrong giving all "normal" expats a bad name .. just a thought .

Thanks for posting parrot.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Beauty Pageant Cancels Plans to Debut in North Carolina

Post by Liam Dale » December 29, 2016, 12:08 pm

With an internet shop you get to see many different aspects of gender. VERY big increase in Tom n Dolly combos coming in these days. One couple travel over 50km to come here. I think they feel safe - some of the ladyboys are extraordinary.. it must take so many hours to set all that rack n makeup up.. only to be given away with a clunking great pair of size ten left on the doormat.

As for the prancing ponies.. as DM says they make me smile. Sadly in a way. How confused is that head that truly believes it is emulating the behaviour pattern of "real" women. My guess its an attention seeking thing.

And yeah.. I agree with DM last paragraph. Without a shadow of doubt. Thailand (Isan in particular) statistically has a great percentage of androgynous people.. there are more families than foreigners might think with a connection and therefore greater tolerance and understanding along with experience in-house.

Not sure on the impact for hetero expats. Personally NEVER had a Thai assume an underlying aspect to my nature - but for sure I know ex pats here with both male and female androg partners. Most are discreet. Some are Mor Lam screaming prancing ponies.. ;-) Just sayin.

Return to “Society and culture”