Aspirin.....Controlled Substance?

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Aspirin.....Controlled Substance?

Post by wazza » January 21, 2018, 9:56 am

BigRick

Dont forget temperature , as in refrigeration , ENT medications, Insulin, Opthalmology medications , most antivenoms ( Lol ) Ergometrine ( in case you mis-carriage )

Years ago ( 80s ) most Paramedics / Emergency Departments treated patients daily with their Angina induced chest pains as their medications at home had failed.

GTN tablets sublingual were affected dramatically after the bottle was opened , they said 90 days maximum from date of opening,

They were in brown bottles ( light reduced ) they had a synthetic white plug as a space saver to reduce the amount of air in the bottle, and heat knocked them around also. They caused $ millions upon millions of responses / clinical reviews.

The day the GTN spray was introduced was a major breakthrough in self treatments with success for Angina induced Chest Pain.

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » January 21, 2018, 10:02 am

As far as I know GTN spray is not available in Thailand.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 21, 2018, 10:08 am

lassebasse wrote:
January 21, 2018, 10:02 am
As far as I know GTN spray is not available in Thailand.
Was available from Hospital based pharmacies some time ago...needed a consultation to get it prescribed .

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » January 22, 2018, 12:39 am

Yep, they don't want you to have a "baby" one, but they will surly over-prescribe you with it.
Long time ago a Dr. prescribed Hydro 15mg w/ 500 mg asprin for my 2 cracked discs and 2 vertibre from a flipped car.
Hmmm? He told me to take 1-3 to 4 times a day. (see where this is going?) and not stop until the prescription was finished. The bottle was 100..and gave me 2 refills. 20-30 days later you are addicted. Had a great time, got 3 more bottles, 6 times! Make a ton of cash, the business was exploding and I didn't feel any pain. Life was great! Then the bowel and kindey problems started, weight gain and more. Told the Dr. He mailed me a paper warning of the excessive use of aspirin. Funny right? Not funny. Went cold turkey to get off that stuff- Horrible time. Started taking fish oil capsules..been almost 15 years now with no pain at all. 2000mg-3000mgs per day of asprin. Thankyou Jesus!
Now who wants to attack my spelling? I left one word for you spelling checkers.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 22, 2018, 8:56 am

Thats poor clinical care by an ignorant Doctor

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » January 22, 2018, 9:22 am

Just thought you had nice Renal Organs, that's all Felix.... :-"

Where was the spelling mistake? :mrgreen:

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 22, 2018, 6:07 pm

felixcat wrote:
January 22, 2018, 12:39 am
Yep, they don't want you to have a "baby" one, but they will surly over-prescribe you with it.
Long time ago a Dr. prescribed Hydro 15mg w/ 500 mg asprin for my 2 cracked discs and 2 vertibre from a flipped car.
Hmmm? He told me to take 1-3 to 4 times a day. (see where this is going?) and not stop until the prescription was finished. The bottle was 100..and gave me 2 refills. 20-30 days later you are addicted. Had a great time, got 3 more bottles, 6 times! Make a ton of cash, the business was exploding and I didn't feel any pain. Life was great! Then the bowel and kindey problems started, weight gain and more. Told the Dr. He mailed me a paper warning of the excessive use of aspirin. Funny right? Not funny. Went cold turkey to get off that stuff- Horrible time. Started taking fish oil capsules..been almost 15 years now with no pain at all. 2000mg-3000mgs per day of asprin. Thankyou Jesus!
There is no aspirin addiction.

I have no idea what your 15mg Hydro is, it isn't a drug or standard abbreviation for any single medication, however what ever is was it would have been what you became addicted to.

It could have been "Hydrocodone" which certainly is addictive and is one of the opioids
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 22, 2018, 6:14 pm

Maybe that was the spelling reference STWW

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 22, 2018, 7:19 pm

wazza wrote:
January 22, 2018, 6:14 pm
Maybe that was the spelling reference STWW
No, I highlighted the mistakes in my quote :lol: assuming it was one word twice.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 22, 2018, 7:39 pm

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » January 22, 2018, 7:56 pm

sometimewoodworker, you are so smart..HYDRO is Hydrocodone. Asprin is not addictive, it kills you.
The Word was : surly.
Heres another one...years before this addicion, a well known dental Surgeon who was friends of my group of Dental experts ( I was the Mechanic who made all the dental appliances) extratracted a deep impacted wisdom tooth. It went rather well and he refused to bill me as we were all a "Team" of sorts. Gave me a script for 12 Roxicodones. I didn't know this one, but spent the Holiday weekend in my beach chair waiving and watching traffic go by with a beer in my hand.
Once that drug gets in your system, you got to fight to shake it. This is why the Military took over the poppy fields in Afganistan..to flood the streets of the US with opioids, addictions..now its "legal pot".
Give me a break...its all about dumbing down people so they can finish taking down the US. The legal pot is the GMO pot.
We Americans are not stupid, well we wern't until several years ago...we built alot of the new world. But sadly, another Master is about to take over, so we are being attacked by our own Government.
And all you others gents are being attacked in your own countries, weather by drugs, immigration, LBJTQ's , MSM, what ever...I didn't have a choice in being born there, but I did voice my opinion by getting out.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 23, 2018, 4:55 am

wazza wrote:
January 22, 2018, 7:39 pm
https://www.rxlist.com/drug-interaction ... action.htm

https://www.rxlist.com/drug-interaction ... action.htm

Hydrocortisone is also an anti inflamatory just a thought
Though it doesn't seem that it would be used for pain reduction :roll: however the cat doesn't seem to want, or be able to give any clarification.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 24, 2018, 4:27 am

felixcat wrote:
January 22, 2018, 7:56 pm
sometimewoodworker, you are so smart..HYDRO is Hydrocodone. Asprin is not addictive, it kills you.
The Word was : surly.
Well your spelling isn't so good as you are continuing to make a spelling mistake.
And as I said Hydro is not now and never has been a standard abbreviation for any medication.

Everything kills you when taken in excess including H2O. Aspirin however is one of the safest drugs.

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » January 24, 2018, 8:38 am

Bought 200 Aspilets for 200 baht at the 'hole in the wall pharmacy' yesterday.

Had to give ID card to the Pharmacist, & she explained that some people when they have alot of Mosquito bites, might scratch alot & bleed excessively. Seems a reasonable explanation.

As for the 'local stuff's not being dosed properly, I feel that as it's a controlled compound - & hopefully manufacturing is more regulated, then surely all Aspirin would be....?

Btw Felix, you also made two other spelling mistakes. Being "Asprin" & "Kindney", hence my comment on Renal Function.

However my dear chap, your anecdotes or tales, are more amusing, & indeed plausible than a.n.other on here....
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

waltpong
udonmap.com

Post by waltpong » January 24, 2018, 7:15 pm

where is the whole in the wall pharmacy?

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » January 24, 2018, 7:42 pm

Go on the 216 to Sakon & it's on the left, just after the fire daeng.

Looks small & a bit shabby, but inside is big, well stocked & a bit cheaper than Somboon.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » January 24, 2018, 9:49 pm

Funny, turn my back to attend to some serious business and the "spelling checkers and misunderstanders" come out.
Hydrocodone is not Hydrocortisone....How did you even make that "Leap"? Oh, I get it, ..something I got from another website: "Don't be a spelling checker"!! By doing so you are distracting the message and leading it "off subject".
Faraday, Yes, I know, I am doing my best to "add some life". Thanks

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 25, 2018, 5:02 am

felixcat wrote:
January 24, 2018, 9:49 pm
Funny, turn my back to attend to some serious business and the "spelling checkers" come out.
If you don't invite people to spell check you would probably get it less!
felixcat wrote:
January 22, 2018, 12:39 am

felixcat wrote:
January 24, 2018, 9:49 pm
Funny, turn my back to attend to some serious business and the "misunderstanders " come out.
There are several different drugs that you could have used your special abbreviation HYDRO for these are some.
Hydroxyzine
Hydroxychloroquine
Hydrochlorothiazide
Hydrocodone
Hydrocortisone
Your term is not standard for any of them. So if your don't like to to be misunderstood do be clear.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 25, 2018, 8:44 am

By correcting your mistakes we may have stopped somebody buying or asking for incorrect mesications.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » January 25, 2018, 9:03 am

I always look to Udon Map forum for up-to-the-minute medical advice. It's a cutting edge resource that allows me to remain one step ahead of research labs, universities, and top medical professionals. It's an indispensable source of top-notch, potentially life-saving guidance found nowhere else in the frontier of untamed Udon Thani.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Return to “Society and culture”