Aspirin.....Controlled Substance?

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Aspirin.....Controlled Substance?

Post by wazza » January 25, 2018, 9:19 am

Giggle wrote:
January 25, 2018, 9:03 am
I always look to Udon Map forum for up-to-the-minute medical advice. It's a cutting edge resource that allows me to remain one step ahead of research labs, universities, and top medical professionals. It's an indispensable source of top-notch, potentially life-saving guidance found nowhere else in the frontier of untamed Udon Thani.

The day that MIMS Thailand reference UM will be coming soon I hope

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » January 25, 2018, 12:37 pm

Well, you tried hard, but again, "Thinking out loud".
All you had to do was read what I said, instead of "misdirrecting" things (that is a form of "Trolling")
The med was for PAIN..
Hydrocodone
Roxicodone
Oxycodone....codone or codine
Wassa, I'm surprised you didn't get this...

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 25, 2018, 1:29 pm

wazza wrote:
January 25, 2018, 8:44 am
By correcting your mistakes we may have stopped somebody buying or asking for incorrect mesications.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :-" :-" \:D/ \:D/
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » January 25, 2018, 2:03 pm

Warning, this is from personal experience and is not a medical recommendation.
Please consult your doctor before trying what works for me.

I have suffered from migraines for over 40 years, however by using a form of aspirin as soon as I recognise that a migraine is developing I have been able to either stop them fully developing or dramatically reduce their intensity.

I have discussed this with my doctors over the years and they have said that I am lucky as:

• I am able to recognise a migraine developing while there is still time to do something to mitigate its impact.

• I do not have any medical issues with aspirin.

The dosage I take to minimise the impact of migraines is 3 x 300 mg mouth dispersible aspirin (which do not need water and which I now always carry on me).

For a bit of additional information, this is an article is about a placebo-controlled study in the US on using Mouth-dispersible aspirin in the treatment of migraine.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Bri125

Post by Bri125 » May 5, 2018, 9:48 pm

I've been trying to find aspirin as well. In Bangkok, Udon Thani and Pattaya (not to mention the area I live in).
The answer I have received is that they have stopped selling it around the end of February and they have no idea why.

It is a curiosity. Was hoping to find an answer here. I will go ask the doctor in the next few days and see if he knows what's up.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 6, 2018, 12:02 pm

I'd try either of the Somsak Pharmacies.......across from the Bangkok Bank on Phosri Rd or across from Ban Hui market on the corner. The pharmacists there both speak English and are certified pharmacists.

Out on a limb here........but in a months-ago discussion about the difficulty buying aspirin with one of the pharmacists at Forte, she said something about Reye's Syndrome. She succumbed to my request to purchase some 81mg pills......hesitated when I said I wanted 180 (my wife and I take a daily tab), but allowed me to do so. On a recent trip back to the US I bought a boatload.

There's a 55 page document that talks about Reye's Syndrome, aspirin, paracetamol at http://elib.fda.moph.go.th/fulltext2/word/16991/2.pdf One of the t.i.t. moments (for me).......the ease of getting high potency creams like dermovate or antibiotics........but aspirin? Oh, no.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » May 6, 2018, 1:35 pm

I take aspirin every day and have had no problem getting them in Udon. I got a 4 month supply last time from the Pharmacy accross from the fruit market as you come into town from the Nong Khai direction. ( I won't try to spell the name).

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 6, 2018, 1:45 pm

Wee Jimmy wrote:
May 6, 2018, 1:35 pm
I take aspirin every day and have had no problem getting them in Udon. I got a 4 month supply last time from the Pharmacy accross from the fruit market as you come into town from the Nong Khai direction. ( I won't try to spell the name).
That's Somsak's. Father and daughter are both pharmacists.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » May 6, 2018, 2:10 pm

Yes and they are very nice and helpful.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 6, 2018, 5:16 pm

finding aspirin in udon is not the problem , finding the special coated aspirin is , normal aspirin daily will damage your stomach ...i still get them from abroad ... ;)

Return to “Society and culture”