Heaven on Earth

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
parrot
udonmap.com

Heaven on Earth

Post by parrot » April 26, 2018, 3:03 pm

I'm hardly a dessert connoisseur, but I've had a fair share of sweets from around the world. If I was trapped on an island with just one choice to pick from the dessert menu, it'd have to be sticky rice with mango and coconut milk drizzled over the top.......with toasted golden peas ถั่วทอง sprinkled over the lot.
While at Tesco Nadee today, I told my wife I'd treat for Swenson's on the way out......only to find out (remember) that Swenson's isn't in Tesco Nadee. My wife said she'd fix something better than Swenson's when we got home.......a plate of ripe mango over sticky rice with coconut milk that she had just bought at Ban Hui market. The mango was from our back yard....at the peak of ripeness and one of the best with the other ingredients. In Thai it's called มะม่วงน้ํำาดอกไม้ Nam Dok Mai. There are few places in town that my wife will buy the coconut milk/rice/toasted golden peas.......Ban Hui market is her favorite.
The end result is pure heaven on earth.

Shado
udonmap.com

Re: Heaven on Earth

Post by Shado » April 26, 2018, 3:42 pm

Wholeheartedly agree parrot. Certainly one of my all-time favorites. Mrs. S makes khao neow mamuang on a regular basis during the season. Just a perfect combination of flavors and textures. Truly a special treat when done right.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » April 26, 2018, 6:21 pm

For those not lucky enough to grow there own. On the 3rd floor just outside Robinsons entrance there are four ladies who have their mango farms in Nong Wai with several stalls selling many varieties straight from the farm, ranging from 35-50bht a kilo.you can even try a slice first .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » April 26, 2018, 7:09 pm

Must agree, love my mango with sticky rice, my only change is substitute sweeten condensed milk for the coconut milk as that satisfies my sweet tooth.

Return to “Society and culture”