Biggs' Travails

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
parrot
udonmap.com

Biggs' Travails

Post by parrot » January 6, 2019, 9:09 am

No one sums up the trials of living in Thailand better than Andrew Biggs'
https://m.bangkokposxt.com/lifestyle/so ... ile-farang

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Re: Biggs' Travails

Post by MusicalBars » January 6, 2019, 10:18 am

link dosent work

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 6, 2019, 10:35 am

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » January 6, 2019, 10:49 am

Good stuff, had me el-oh-elling.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » January 6, 2019, 12:03 pm

Fantastic story, more than likely all true as well.

Thanks Parrot!

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » January 6, 2019, 1:12 pm

Yes thanks Parrot I can defo say I have had the same experience at Tops and others that id why I go shopping alone now the Gf walks off

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 6, 2019, 3:46 pm

other stores may do it differently. In Big C they always ask for my passport but I give them my Thai Driver's license which is in their system.. No muss, no fuss in getting our little discounts on occasion.
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 26, 2019, 1:20 pm

Another interesting column by Andrew Biggs at https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opi ... rain-stop-

And I'll add an Italian twist: Our son-in-law has a Sicilian-immigrant father and a mother whose parents were also Sicilian. The SIL had a particularly aggressive form of leukemia.....6 months of chemo didn't stop it and then he was hospitalized for a stem cell transplant in a hospital about 200 miles from home for 6 months. One day, my wife and I and our daughter returned to their buttoned up home to retrieve some kitchen things. There was water all over most of the floor surfaces, on the staircase, on the bed covers, behind the fridge, even in the garage covering most of our SIL's expensive car tools. Strangely, there was what appeared to be salt crystals where ever there was water. Looked like salt, tasted like salt.....but where the hell was the salt coming from. For a few days we thought it was due to high humidity (the AC was turned off and it had been raining a lot)....but the salt?? Then, after endless google searches, the answer. While we were at the hospital (for about 6 months) with our daughter and SIL, his elderly father went into the house and spread salt everywhere. Lots and lots of salt. And the salt absorbed lots of moisture in the air.....salty puddles everywhere! But in the end, our SIL survived and his father's mission was successful. You would never be able to convince him otherwise.

Return to “Society and culture”