When I Was Your Age

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
parrot
udonmap.com

When I Was Your Age

Post by parrot » May 22, 2019, 1:45 pm

Five years ago, while browsing the market area in Nongkai, I happened upon this father singing Weird Alkovic's "When I was your age" to his daughter.....actually, he was just explaining to his daughter how dinosaurs used phones back in the day.........I was fortunate to be near enough to hear a bit of what he was saying and close enough to take a photo without looking too obvious. I'm not certain, but I think the daughter said, 'wow, dad, you really are old'.
And......while reading an article in today's paper about China having a carbon-copy of our F-35, I thought of my trip yesterday to refill a kitchen gas tank at the government-run refill station near the old Big C. Before you can have your tank refilled, you have to stop by the office to pay.....and obtain an authentic carbon copy receipt. I know carbon paper is still in use in Thailand.....but it seems less and less so these days.......and so, it won't be too far in the future where some dad or teacher will have to explain what a 'carbon copy' means.
The Times They Are a-Changin'
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Return to “Society and culture”