The Story of Dave

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
samuel
udonmap.com

The Story of Dave

Post by samuel » May 13, 2021, 2:35 pm

This is the story of Dave.....
What's your opinion guys?
thestoryofdave.jpg
Movie here >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBhXvxhWZy8

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: The Story of Dave

Post by noosard » May 13, 2021, 2:47 pm

2 week winner

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » May 13, 2021, 3:57 pm

samuel wrote:
May 13, 2021, 2:35 pm
thestoryofdave.jpg
Brilliant! So true!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 13, 2021, 8:51 pm

samuel wrote:
May 13, 2021, 2:35 pm
thestoryofdave.jpg
hopes and prayers
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 15, 2021, 9:11 am

Was waiting to see the sick buffalo ..... wasn't disappointed. Same old story, just the cartoon version.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 15, 2021, 9:31 am

Nat sounds like Ms Swan from Mad TV

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 16, 2021, 4:12 am

555, it's funny. Dave is a maroon and should have blamed himself, not his friend, at the end. It was realistic to see rats running around in Bangkok.

I
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 16, 2021, 3:53 pm

a fool and his money are easily parted..
Dave

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » September 22, 2021, 7:59 pm

Full Story of Dave and Nat here:
9 vids so far … to be continued
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... syw03caNli

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » September 23, 2021, 12:33 am

My mate in Pattaya who runs an import booze business sent me this and said it cheered her up no end in these dark times and having watched a couple it’s a hoot….

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » October 3, 2021, 8:05 am

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 3, 2021, 9:18 am

The end to a beautiful story.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » October 3, 2021, 9:30 am

That kind of thing never happens in the land of surprises. lol.

samuel
udonmap.com

Re: The Story of Dave and Nat ... continues

Post by samuel » November 1, 2021, 10:31 pm

hey guys … the story continues … nat is going to england … but not with dave … with mike
;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EvMHlJKhvM

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 2, 2021, 10:42 am

If you have lived in Thailand for a few years, you have seen guys come over here with a pocket full of money, get married and think they are going to live happily ever after. They have the attitude that you should live for today and tomorrow will take care of itself. Eventually they run out of money and must beg, borrow and steal enough money to go back to their home country.

Speaking for myself, I carefully planned for my retirement. I'm not wealthy by any means but with a small company pension and Social Security, I am financially comfortable and have a decent surplus every month. When you live on a monthly income, you learn to be able to say NO! I originally had health insurance but by age 65, the insurance company priced me out. I have a nest egg in my US bank that would pay for any serious medical emergency the I hope to NEVER have.

Like many guys, I have an eye for beautiful young women. I lived with several of them and none worked out. I knew from the start that nothing good would come out of those relationships. The ladies are good actresses but after a few months they get tired of acting. Some guys enjoy living alone but I dislike living alone even though I was single for years at a time.

When I decided to find a wife, I had known one woman for several years who called herself an old maid. She was 35 years old. She had never been married and had no children. I finally talked her into going out with me. We lived together for about a year when I decided to ask her to marry me. There was no sin sot or big party. She made it very clear that if I had any ideas about us going back to the US to live, I would be going alone. I had bought a decent sized condo in my name before we were married.

She had a house upcountry out in the boonies. She was always after me to at least go up to see her house. I had seen Issan houses in the past and had no desire to see hers. After I had bought a new pickup truck, I decided to make the long drive. Her house turned out to be a western style two bedroom house built on a slab with a two rai yard. It had no furniture except for a rock hard bed, an ancient refrigerator, TV and a wood sofa, no screens on the windows and a Thai style toilet There was no hot water shower. I actually enjoyed working on the house to suit my needs and after a number of visits, we moved up there. I kept my condo and told her that her first family member that moved into that house, I would be headed back to my condo. I still have the condo and sleep well knowing that I would always have a roof over my head. After 16 years together, she says that she is now too old to train another husband so she will keep me. Even at that we never know what a woman will do so I keep my condo. I have seen a number of guys trapped up here because their money is very low and they have no where to go. I will NEVER be trapped.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 3, 2021, 11:07 am

Well M8, I Hope You changed the ROCK Hard Bed,Ancient Refrigerator,TV & The Wooden Sofa,to at least give You a bit more Comfort......

Good Luck to You,But......I Would NEVER say NEVER !!

BTW, I'm Skint But I'm Not Trapped......

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 4, 2021, 12:56 am

Thailand seems to attract way too many irresponsible farang. The booze is inexpensive and the pussy at first appears to be cheap. No surprise that many Thai girls might see us as paypigs.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 4, 2021, 7:07 am

GT93 wrote:
November 4, 2021, 12:56 am
Thailand seems to attract way too many irresponsible farang. The booze is inexpensive and the pussy at first appears to be cheap. No surprise that many Thai girls might see us as paypigs.
I endorse that comment but ADD a rider, too many also re-invent themselves to boost their own credibility that cover eventually slips and they are also shown up to be what they are , liars, cheats and in some cases ne'er do wells .

Honesty is utilsed as a last resort, tha5t6 tells me that many are really sad people, needing to enhance their miserable lives to gain acceptance.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 4, 2021, 8:16 am

Well, with the young pretty girls it is better to rent and keep your cash somewhere safe. Every time I look in the mirror I know that no young pretty girl would really be interested in me.lol.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 4, 2021, 10:35 am

The way I see some westerners treat Thai women, it's no wonder some of them turn the table on them and become con artist.

Return to “Society and culture”