The Story of Dave

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Re: The Story of Dave

Post by jai yen yen » November 5, 2021, 12:48 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 4, 2021, 10:35 am
The way I see some westerners treat Thai women, it's no wonder some of them turn the table on them and become con artist.
Foreigners in Thailand are viewed as a source of income and there is a variety of ways Thais extract that income. The girls that scam the men set out to do so from the beginning, it has nothing to do with how they are treated by the men.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 5, 2021, 1:31 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 5, 2021, 12:48 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
The way I see some westerners treat Thai women, it's no wonder some of them turn the table on them and become con artist.
Foreigners in Thailand are viewed as a source of income and there is a variety of ways Thais extract that income. The girls that scam the men set out to do so from the beginning, it has nothing to do with how they are treated by the men.
I disagree with that. In fact it's westerners, the ones who run bars and clubs, the ones on YouTube, who exploit some of these women for their own personal monetary gain. The men use the women just as much as the women use the men. Western men BS just as much as Thai women.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 5, 2021, 4:48 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 5, 2021, 1:31 am
jai yen yen wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
I disagree with that. In fact it's westerners, the ones who run bars and clubs, the ones on YouTube, who exploit some of these women for their own personal monetary gain. The men use the women just as much as the women use the men. Western men BS just as much as Thai women.
I am curious, how long have you lived in Thailand?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 5, 2021, 4:56 am

Is that relevant?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 5, 2021, 5:55 am

40-love.

But Canadians have always been a bit weak at tennis.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 5, 2021, 7:57 am

Mike Belkin, Vasek Pospisil, Grant Connell, Gabriela Dabrowski, Sebastien Lareau, Eugenie Bouchard, Milos Raonic, and

Daniel Nestor
The recently retired Daniel Nestor is one of the greatest doubles players to have ever played the game. Nestor's career spanned 28 years, and during those years he notched up 1062 wins.

Nestor won a jaw-dropping 91 career doubles titles (second only to the Bryan twins). Significant among them are 8 Grand Slam Singles titles, the Olympic Gold Medal at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games with Sebastien Lareau, and 5 ATP Finals trophies.

ALL Canadians Not bad for a country who excells at most sports both Winter and Summer and with only a population of 37 Million

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 5, 2021, 8:27 am

He probably meant to say that Scotland has usually been weak at tennis.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 5, 2021, 9:27 am

A good friend of mine had a place in Ao Nang, Krabi. I used to visit him once in a while. His Thai wife had a baby and she hired a young woman from her village upcountry to help her out. She was a petite cute girl and always flirted with me. My friend asked me why I wasn't interested in her. I told him that I wanted nothing to do with a 16 year old girl. He laughed and told me that she was actually 26 years old.

Nature took its course and I ended up taking her back to Jomtien to live with me. The first bump in the road came when I bought a pickup truck. She tried to convince me that a farang could not own a pickup truck so it would have to be in her name. I told her that it was already in my name. I refused to marry her and that was when things went totally off the rails. She had never been in a bar in her life and refused to go to any bar with me, so I spent a lot of time in my favorite bar. She was a petite spinner. It was great for about 3 months but she got tired of acting, as in no more sex. I had bought her a new Honda Dream and she was going to English classes. I asked her to move out. She wanted 100,000 baht to leave. That wasn't going to happen. I told her to take her Honda and I would give her 10,000 baht.

I had found a condo that suited me. I bought it and didn't tell her. While she was at school, I packed up what I could, left 10,000 bah on the kitchen table and moved into my condo. Someone told her where my condo was. She was super angry when the gate guards refused to let her in the complex. She called me and gave me all sorts of grief. I ended up hanging up on her and blocked her number. I had always paid the apartment rent 6 months in advance because of a good discount. There was 3 months left. A friend had told me that she left. About a month later I decided to have a look at the apartment. Fortunately she did not damage anything. She apparently couldn't take much with her on the scooter so I was happy to get the big items back. Thus ended 3 good months and 3 more months of misery.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 6, 2021, 12:46 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 5, 2021, 4:56 am
Is that relevant?
Well honestly if you have spent some time in Thailand I believe you would see things differently.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 6, 2021, 12:56 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 6, 2021, 12:46 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
Is that relevant?
Well honestly if you have spent some time in Thailand I believe you would see things differently.
I have spent my fair share of time in Thailand. Nothing going on over there is rocket science.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » November 6, 2021, 1:39 am

jai yen yen wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
The angle that interests me a lot these days is why farang such as Dave so readily fall for this. Too many western men readily fall for the obvious nonsense. We're so needy. I think there are very serious problems with the way males are raised in western countries. I've been looking at a lot of manosphere material on youtube this year. It's fascinating. I wish this sort of material was available when I was young. At its worst it's misogynist but at its best it's very insightful.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 6, 2021, 3:06 am

GT93 wrote:
November 6, 2021, 1:39 am
jai yen yen wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
The angle that interests me a lot these days is why farang such as Dave so readily fall for this. Too many western men readily fall for the obvious nonsense. We're so needy. I think there are very serious problems with the way males are raised in western countries. I've been looking at a lot of manosphere material on youtube this year. It's fascinating. I wish this sort of material was available when I was young. At its worst it's misogynist but at its best it's very insightful.
An old white man is the lowest on the totem pole in the west, even older women don't want them and with our old school views on life and relationships the woke liberated youth despise what we represent. So you take an older lonely man and offer him some affection and attention from a younger woman he readily buys into the dream. For him it is better than what he can get at home.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 6, 2021, 3:19 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 6, 2021, 3:06 am
GT93 wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
An old white man is the lowest on the totem pole in the west, even older women don't want them and with our old school views on life and relationships the woke liberated youth despise what we represent. So you take an older lonely man and offer him some affection and attention from a younger woman he readily buys into the dream. For him it is better than what he can get at home.
What a load of crap. You believe only "old white men" go to Thailand? What exactly are your "old school views" that drive older western women away? You must be an individual who's looking for a subservient woman, one who can't think for themselves or take care of themselves. Pretty sad playing the victim while chasing some 20-something Thai tail.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 6, 2021, 4:29 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 6, 2021, 3:19 am
jai yen yen wrote:
GT93 wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
What a load of crap. You believe only "old white men" go to Thailand? What exactly are your "old school views" that drive older western women away? You must be an individual who's looking for a subservient woman, one who can't think for themselves or take care of themselves. Pretty sad playing the victim while chasing some 20-something Thai tail.
Relax Buttercup, you are going to have a stroke. lol.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 6, 2021, 4:41 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 6, 2021, 4:29 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 6, 2021, 3:19 am
jai yen yen wrote:
GT93 wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
Relax Buttercup, you are going to have a stroke. lol.
LO,L, life is good here, apparently a lot better than yours is right now. Keep feeling sorry for yourself and the "old white men" who are so abused in this world, hopefully it makes you sleep better at night snowflake.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 6, 2021, 5:30 am

Doodoo wrote:
November 5, 2021, 7:57 am
Mike Belkin, Vasek Pospisil, Grant Connell, Gabriela Dabrowski, Sebastien Lareau, Eugenie Bouchard, Milos Raonic, and

Daniel Nestor
The recently retired Daniel Nestor is one of the greatest doubles players to have ever played the game. Nestor's career spanned 28 years, and during those years he notched up 1062 wins.

Nestor won a jaw-dropping 91 career doubles titles (second only to the Bryan twins). Significant among them are 8 Grand Slam Singles titles, the Olympic Gold Medal at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games with Sebastien Lareau, and 5 ATP Finals trophies.

ALL Canadians Not bad for a country who excells at most sports both Winter and Summer and with only a population of 37 Million
This over-my-head moment brought to you by the letters D and d.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 6, 2021, 5:33 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
November 5, 2021, 8:27 am
He probably meant to say that Scotland has usually been weak at tennis.
I probably didn't. Doodoo has an excuse though so what's yours?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 6, 2021, 5:37 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 6, 2021, 12:56 am
jai yen yen wrote:
November 6, 2021, 12:46 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
Is that relevant?
I have spent my fair share of time in Thailand. Nothing going on over there is rocket science.
Heresy! Challenging the outdated mores of the UM druids is not for the faint of heart.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 6, 2021, 5:39 am

glalt wrote:
November 5, 2021, 9:27 am
A good friend of mine had a place in Ao Nang, Krabi. I used to visit him once in a while. His Thai wife had a baby and she hired a young woman from her village upcountry to help her out. She was a petite cute girl and always flirted with me. My friend asked me why I wasn't interested in her. I told him that I wanted nothing to do with a 16 year old girl. He laughed and told me that she was actually 26 years old.

Nature took its course and I ended up taking her back to Jomtien to live with me. The first bump in the road came when I bought a pickup truck. She tried to convince me that a farang could not own a pickup truck so it would have to be in her name. I told her that it was already in my name. I refused to marry her and that was when things went totally off the rails. She had never been in a bar in her life and refused to go to any bar with me, so I spent a lot of time in my favorite bar. She was a petite spinner. It was great for about 3 months but she got tired of acting, as in no more sex. I had bought her a new Honda Dream and she was going to English classes. I asked her to move out. She wanted 100,000 baht to leave. That wasn't going to happen. I told her to take her Honda and I would give her 10,000 baht.

I had found a condo that suited me. I bought it and didn't tell her. While she was at school, I packed up what I could, left 10,000 bah on the kitchen table and moved into my condo. Someone told her where my condo was. She was super angry when the gate guards refused to let her in the complex. She called me and gave me all sorts of grief. I ended up hanging up on her and blocked her number. I had always paid the apartment rent 6 months in advance because of a good discount. There was 3 months left. A friend had told me that she left. About a month later I decided to have a look at the apartment. Fortunately she did not damage anything. She apparently couldn't take much with her on the scooter so I was happy to get the big items back. Thus ended 3 good months and 3 more months of misery.
I much prefer the Story of Glalt. Far more relevance than someone's YouTube faffery.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 6, 2021, 5:41 am

GT93 wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
What's with this "we" bullschizzle?

YouTube? As the Dixie Chicks sang, "There's Your Trouble"
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Society and culture”