The Story of Dave

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: The Story of Dave

Post by tamada » November 6, 2021, 5:45 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 6, 2021, 3:06 am

IMHO, an old white man is the lowest on the totem pole in the west, even older women don't want them and with our old school views on life and relationships the woke liberated youth despise what we represent. So you take an older lonely man and offer him some affection and attention from a younger woman he readily buys into the dream. For him it is better than what he can get at home.
There, sorted it for you.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 6, 2021, 8:17 am

tamada wrote:
November 6, 2021, 5:45 am
jai yen yen wrote:

IMHO, an old white man is the lowest on the totem pole in the west, even older women don't want them and with our old school views on life and relationships the woke liberated youth despise what we represent. So you take an older lonely man and offer him some affection and attention from a younger woman he readily buys into the dream. For him it is better than what he can get at home.
There, sorted it for you.
This whole subject has been done to death over the years .. tho every comment has its merits including above.

An older single/ divorced lonely guy or a middle aged fella still living at home with mom n dad whose parents have passed away and fed up of his mundane life sells up and tries to find a way to inject some long lost desire and exitment into life ... via whatever route ends up in Thailand meets a tasty young lassie who gives him all hes looking for and more... SOUND FAMILAR ????
I have no problem admitting after arriving here in my early 30s by accident totally unplanned as no research done just came for a mates wedding i soon became addicted to Pattaya and morphed into a transient sex tourist .. i found away to migrate here full time ... i didnt do same as Dave as one look in the mirror even with my youth full boyish good looks i knew non of the longer relationships i was involved was most certainly NOT true love and i was at best a part time atm and a route for the said female to obtain her and her families requirements at my expense ..it was very obvious for what ever reason lasses wanted older guys ...it helped working firstly a teacher then partner in a busy gogo bar... to me i was living the dream !!.. r

Years have passed and a few gfs , even a wife kids a house or two and numerous cars n trucks later , a roller coaster ride of highs and lows i dont regret anything , i have heard of numerous horror stories but most definately not the norm ...... my whole point is im sure lots of guys go into a relationship knowing exactly whats going on .. and where they stand but they carry on and do it because it makes them happy which is all that matters , you only get one life and chasing the dream for better or worse is the carrot that has snaffled so many and will continue to do so as long as planes land at Swampy and that lonely shy single guy can reinvent himself and soak up all the infection that is so readily available here.

OMO ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 6, 2021, 9:01 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 6, 2021, 4:41 am
jai yen yen wrote:
November 6, 2021, 4:29 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 6, 2021, 3:19 am
jai yen yen wrote:
GT93 wrote:
November 6, 2021, 1:39 am
jai yen yen wrote:
November 5, 2021, 12:48 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 4, 2021, 10:35 am
The way I see some westerners treat Thai women, it's no wonder some of them turn the table on them and become con artist.
Foreigners in Thailand are viewed as a source of income and there is a variety of ways Thais extract that income. The girls that scam the men set out to do so from the beginning, it has nothing to do with how they are treated by the men.
The angle that interests me a lot these days is why farang such as Dave so readily fall for this. Too many western men readily fall for the obvious nonsense. We're so needy. I think there are very serious problems with the way males are raised in western countries. I've been looking at a lot of manosphere material on youtube this year. It's fascinating. I wish this sort of material was available when I was young. At its worst it's misogynist but at its best it's very insightful.
An old white man is the lowest on the totem pole in the west, even older women don't want them and with our old school views on life and relationships the woke liberated youth despise what we represent. So you take an older lonely man and offer him some affection and attention from a younger woman he readily buys into the dream. For him it is better than what he can get at home.
What a load of crap. You believe only "old white men" go to Thailand? What exactly are your "old school views" that drive older western women away? You must be an individual who's looking for a subservient woman, one who can't think for themselves or take care of themselves. Pretty sad playing the victim while chasing some 20-something Thai tail.
Relax Buttercup, you are going to have a stroke. lol.
LO,L, life is good here, apparently a lot better than yours is right now. Keep feeling sorry for yourself and the "old white men" who are so abused in this world, hopefully it makes you sleep better at night snowflake.
I don't see any point in continuing our discussion until you have had your surgery. Hope it goes well.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 6, 2021, 9:12 am

Let us be honest for any reasonably intelligent sensible male person coming here, the benefits are obvious, ladies fawn over you from almost any age, and you are magically raised to a status of GOD by providing all the necessary for their continuing life experiences.
Now aftyer a few years of sowing seeds, getting drunk more often then not and having in some cases numerous wives/girl-friends etc. Reality kicks in, but when most of White males, look back on their own countries , they see the horrible truth.
Vast sums are being required just to live, keep warm ( and that is rising ) , food costs rising ( as they are here, but not so much ) . Care provision almost out of reach to Mr Average ( here Zero care provided ). And many say bugger it, stay here , I am warm, well fed, almost zero Governmental interference ( except Immigration ) , so life is good.

After 20 years I know which I prefer , warm sunny days , occasionally hot , but systems in place to deal with that .
Food relatively in-expensive even cheaper if you go 100% native .

Complaining about it does no good , either embrace the country or bugger off in my book .

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 6, 2021, 9:20 am

For me, the best part of traveling to other places is experiencing my own journey and not concern myself about what others have experienced. For me personally, if I'm going to travel halfway around the world, I want to live it without someone else's opinion because everyone has their own perspective of a place and you can't judge it until you live it. For me if I f***** up I'll make sure it doesn't happen the second time, but that's anything and anywhere in life.

That being said, I've seen a lot of s*** from both sides in my journeys in Thailand. Let's face it, there's not many angels there on either side of the fence. Foreigners go there for different reasons; mongering, find love, the sites, check out the culture, to kick back and just chill, for the food. Whatever the reason may be, to claim that Thai women are evil and exploit "old white men", that's just too funny. Because I've seen some farangs treat their woman like s*** in public and husbands cheating on their Thai wife; and I've seen this happen in Udon Thani.

Thailand is one of the few countries in this world that has everything for anyone's taste. There is nothing that says you can't go to a place like that and not look for love or to be a monger, it's a great place to chill for a long vacation, or to live.

There's not a country in this world where you can go as an expat where you can't get played or where you can't exploit the opposite gender. But for someone to claim that "old white men" are looked down in their own country, it's a good possibility that they are hanging around in the wrong places, or maybe it's because they are the issue. But to lay all the blame on the women, whether it be in their own country or in Thailand, that's just a cop-out for their own issues.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 6, 2021, 9:25 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 6, 2021, 9:12 am
Let us be honest for any reasonably intelligent sensible male person coming here, the benefits are obvious, ladies fawn over you from almost any age, and you are magically raised to a status of GOD by providing all the necessary for their continuing life experiences.
Now aftyer a few years of sowing seeds, getting drunk more often then not and having in some cases numerous wives/girl-friends etc. Reality kicks in, but when most of White males, look back on their own countries , they see the horrible truth.
Vast sums are being required just to live, keep warm ( and that is rising ) , food costs rising ( as they are here, but not so much ) . Care provision almost out of reach to Mr Average ( here Zero care provided ). And many say bugger it, stay here , I am warm, well fed, almost zero Governmental interference ( except Immigration ) , so life is good.

After 20 years I know which I prefer , warm sunny days , occasionally hot , but systems in place to deal with that .
Food relatively in-expensive even cheaper if you go 100% native .

Complaining about it does no good , either embrace the country or bugger off in my book .
Agree with all your post KP .. most certainly the last sentence i dont understand expats for waht ever reason constantly whinging about living here when its easy for them to jump on a plane n buggar orf.

At the time i jumped ship in the UK ..i was planning to go to South America , ..Mexico was appealing and i had friends there ... alas prior to deciding i accidently came to Thailand and the rest as they say is history.

the old saying rings true...how to get 2 million in Thailand ..arrive with 5 ... :shock: :lol: :? ...who cares so long it makes you happy and you enjoy spending or giving it away.

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on November 6, 2021, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 6, 2021, 9:28 am

jai yen yen wrote:
November 6, 2021, 9:01 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 6, 2021, 4:41 am
jai yen yen wrote:
November 6, 2021, 4:29 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 6, 2021, 3:19 am
jai yen yen wrote:
GT93 wrote:
November 6, 2021, 1:39 am
jai yen yen wrote:
November 5, 2021, 12:48 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 4, 2021, 10:35 am
The way I see some westerners treat Thai women, it's no wonder some of them turn the table on them and become con artist.
Foreigners in Thailand are viewed as a source of income and there is a variety of ways Thais extract that income. The girls that scam the men set out to do so from the beginning, it has nothing to do with how they are treated by the men.
The angle that interests me a lot these days is why farang such as Dave so readily fall for this. Too many western men readily fall for the obvious nonsense. We're so needy. I think there are very serious problems with the way males are raised in western countries. I've been looking at a lot of manosphere material on youtube this year. It's fascinating. I wish this sort of material was available when I was young. At its worst it's misogynist but at its best it's very insightful.
An old white man is the lowest on the totem pole in the west, even older women don't want them and with our old school views on life and relationships the woke liberated youth despise what we represent. So you take an older lonely man and offer him some affection and attention from a younger woman he readily buys into the dream. For him it is better than what he can get at home.
What a load of crap. You believe only "old white men" go to Thailand? What exactly are your "old school views" that drive older western women away? You must be an individual who's looking for a subservient woman, one who can't think for themselves or take care of themselves. Pretty sad playing the victim while chasing some 20-something Thai tail.
Relax Buttercup, you are going to have a stroke. lol.
LO,L, life is good here, apparently a lot better than yours is right now. Keep feeling sorry for yourself and the "old white men" who are so abused in this world, hopefully it makes you sleep better at night snowflake.
I don't see any point in continuing our discussion until you have had your surgery. Hope it goes well.
LOL. If that's the best you have to make your point, you are correct, this conversation should end.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 6, 2021, 11:17 am

I don't worry about being taken to the cleaners. I had a situation in the US where I lived with a very wealthy woman. I ended up not being at all happy with her. I had never married her and finally told her that I was moving out. She told me that if I moved out she would take everything I had. I laughed at her and told her to give it her best shot. At that time Ohio recognized common law marriage. I didn't know that. She got us married common law and the court ruled that she should get half. Everything she had was in trust funds and no way could they be part of the assets. The bottom-line is that I moved to Florida and did not obey the court order. She went back to court and the court gave her my half also. I should mention that I had done very well and there was a lot of property. It's a long story. She got everything.

Here in Thailand that cannot happen. I always obeyed the rules I had made myself. One of which was to NEVER spend more that you can comfortably afford to walk away from. After 16 years with my Thai wife, I have spent a lot of money on her and her upcountry house. BUT, I can walk away tomorrow and never look back if it came to that. I had bought my condo in my name before we were married. The bulk of my savings is in a US bank. My Thai will specifies that everything here in Thailand goes to her and everything in the US goes to my son.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 6, 2021, 11:46 pm

glalt wrote:
November 6, 2021, 11:17 am
I don't worry about being taken to the cleaners. I had a situation in the US where I lived with a very wealthy woman. I ended up not being at all happy with her. I had never married her and finally told her that I was moving out. She told me that if I moved out she would take everything I had. I laughed at her and told her to give it her best shot. At that time Ohio recognized common law marriage. I didn't know that. She got us married common law and the court ruled that she should get half. Everything she had was in trust funds and no way could they be part of the assets. The bottom-line is that I moved to Florida and did not obey the court order. She went back to court and the court gave her my half also. I should mention that I had done very well and there was a lot of property. It's a long story. She got everything.

Here in Thailand that cannot happen. I always obeyed the rules I had made myself. One of which was to NEVER spend more that you can comfortably afford to walk away from. After 16 years with my Thai wife, I have spent a lot of money on her and her upcountry house. BUT, I can walk away tomorrow and never look back if it came to that. I had bought my condo in my name before we were married. The bulk of my savings is in a US bank. My Thai will specifies that everything here in Thailand goes to her and everything in the US goes to my son.
I too learned the hard way from a Canadian woman. Sounds like you are doing good now and playing it smart.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 7, 2021, 10:15 am

I'm not wealthy by any means, but I am comfortable and don't have to live on a budget.

samuel
udonmap.com

Re: The Story of Dave and Nat ... continues

Post by samuel » December 14, 2021, 10:14 pm

samuel wrote:
November 1, 2021, 10:31 pm
hey guys … the story continues … nat is going to england … but not with dave … with mike
;-)
episode 2 now online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sB54nS-OZM
merry Christmas guys.
full playlist here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... syw03caNli

Return to “Society and culture”