Friends of Udon

Udon Thani clubs and organizations
Thorstenudon

Re: Friends of Udon

Post by Thorstenudon » September 15, 2008, 2:33 am

Hello together,
i want to let you guys know, that we will play every friday(start 7pm) a new pool tournament at Mojo´s.
We will call it the Friends of Udon Trophy.
Fee 300,-Baht
The Winner gets the trophy for one week.

with friendly regards
Thorsten

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 15, 2008, 3:43 am

Guys can some one ring me on 0899410376.

i have just got approx 400 school books donated ( kindergarten / primary )

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » September 15, 2008, 9:02 pm

Sawadee Khrap,

On Thursday 19th Sept 11am, we will have a small but nice party at the old people's home in Udon Thani.
It's located between Global House and Big C on the ring-road, on the left hand side before the traffic lights.
There is a large school beside it. You will see some pots made from red stone, and a huge fence.

The reason for this visit is to deliver 4 fucnice water-tanks. These people were in desperate need of them since their existing ones were old, dirty and who knows what the water quality was like.
2500lt-tank[1].jpg
2500lt-tank[1].jpg (12.73 KiB) Viewed 7819 times
So, whoever would like to join us, and not only to eat and drink for free :D is welcome.
We will have a handicap band playing... :-({|=
See you on Thursday, whoever wants to go with me, sponsors or friends, please meet me at NOBI'S Restaurant at 10.30am or meet us there.
Regards,
Nobi

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » September 15, 2008, 9:26 pm

i will be at your bar at 10.30 thursday with pick... i wont see you wednesday but have arranged to meet horsten at 1pm
see you then nobi...

Dave

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » September 16, 2008, 9:42 am

Here are some photos sent to me from the friends of Udon project. I don't have the details so maybe Nobi or Thorsten can give us the details. Thanks :D

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » September 17, 2008, 8:01 pm

Thank's Mr.Lee,
the first two photos show Friends of Udon (small Torsten,big Nobi,hehe :D ) with people of Nonghaan,
opening a meeting-point for handicaps.There is a group of 15 handicaps,working and helping themselves.
The man on a microphone is Khun Nakhon,I call him the social-minister of Udon.
He is our man on Top of social-ministerium,able to connecting us to BKK.Met him om a Tourist-Police Seminar,asking for help from Phallang for his ministerium.
We will help this people with 30.000m-Bth to open a mushroomfarm.Beside we will give some music-instruments to
some of this handicap members,playing in band.

THIS BAND IS PLAYING TOMORROW AT THE OLD PEOPLE'S HOME,given the watertanks.

The small tanks on picture three is the watersituation at the old peopl's home for now.

Thanks very much for attention,
see you tomorrow at the party 11.00
(10.30 at Nobi's Restaurant,who want to come with me)
Nobi

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 19, 2008, 1:41 pm

Well we all went to the Old peoples home and it was quite an occasion, Thorsten and Nobi and related staff anetc, Tourist Police in action, including one who rarely gets out.
The Social Minister was there and this chap is unusual as he thinks about the children , and ways to help them.
channel One udon TV and Home Cable were also there. Four large blue tanks have been delivered and installed.
What really amazed me was that the age of some of the old people were younger than me ( perhaps a new pad what :lol: :lol: ), however they are there as no-one is able to look after them , they come from Lao and Thailand.
I spoke to some of the old people and their command of English was quite amazing better than some people we meet in bars :D
All in all it was an occasion in which the Friends of Udon has kickstarted its charity in helping the needy and underpriledged in udon and surrounding Areas.
By the way the handicap band and their dancers were also wonderful, all of us should think of using them at private events we may run. Nobi can give you contact details.
All in all a good event the food and drink was good as was the ice cream provided to us by Dave, thanks Dave.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 19, 2008, 1:50 pm

Well done to those people involved. =D> =D> =D>

gianniudon

Post by gianniudon » March 12, 2010, 10:02 pm

Here's a video of the project:

MeeFanMakMai

Post by MeeFanMakMai » July 28, 2010, 8:45 am

Hi there,

Does anyone know if this organisation is still running? I stopped by FOU on my last trip to Udon about 2 years ago, and sat with the kids whilst they hung out in the estate. It was good to meet kids, growing up and obviously gaining both in confidence and skills they may not have otherwise learnt.

A friend of mine was (unsure if she still is) working with them, though I have now misplaced her number (Oi) so cannot get back in touch.

I do note that their Joomla page is also not working. I own a small hosting company that supports Joomla, and would like to host their site free of charge - I have seen what they do and would like to contribute.

Also, does anyone know if Mr. Thomas is still running his guest house out near to Big C? I remember going there with friends some time ago, what a wonderful place and a lovely guy. Would be nice to say hello to him again.

Take care, look forward to what eventuates in October.

johnwills
udonmap.com

Post by johnwills » July 28, 2010, 3:08 pm

FOU is indeed still running, they are in the process of designing their new website, hence the Joomla maintenance screen being shown.

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”