Friends of Udon

Udon Thani clubs and organizations
lee
udonmap.com

Friends of Udon

Post by lee » August 22, 2008, 8:00 pm

It gives me great pleasure to introduce 'Friends of Udon' to udonmap. They are a foundation set up to bring people and businesses together and to help the less fortuate people of the region.

If you're interested in learning more about the project, or would like to donate time, money, goods or anything else please visit their website here or contact the numbers below:
English - Grant 087-2167-264
Thai - Bpu 085-4581-866
German - Thorsten 085-2301-278
Web: http://www.friendsofudon.com

I will endevour to update this thread with the latest news, pictures or anything else in the future, or check out their website (link above) for the latest.

Here is a video of the project:

Last edited by lee on August 24, 2008, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » August 22, 2008, 8:18 pm

This is excellent, thanks Lee, I wiil definately be doing something with these people... I have so much time on my hands and nothing to do with it... been thinking about helping the needy or something like that but didnt know how to get involved... thanks again Lee

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » August 22, 2008, 10:46 pm

Who are these kids ? Do they have parents? or in need of some help in life?Like to know more but I am not into the telephone!
By the way, what beautiful ladies serving out the food!
Where's their web site?

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » August 22, 2008, 10:49 pm

Looks like some very worthy causes there.

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » August 22, 2008, 10:49 pm

i will make enquiries Roy and let you know how it pans out... Its one of those things where you give little, eg. time and or kindness and apart from helping the recipients it also has a feel good factor... i fyou get my drift!!!!

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » August 22, 2008, 11:01 pm

www.friendsofudon.com this is their website, ive emailed them so will wait and see if they need help in any way

ergman
udonmap.com

Post by ergman » August 23, 2008, 1:42 am

Isn't that Nobi?? Also the Mrs. and I are in Saudi Arabia but whatever we can do to help......

Ed

mighty-chang
udonmap.com

Post by mighty-chang » August 23, 2008, 6:42 am

GOOD LUCK TO THEM ALL !! a good way to help the less well off people of the area chok dee

By the way the woman selling the food do you think she could be a possible Mrs Udon bueaty queen 2008 ?

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » August 23, 2008, 9:06 am

count me in contributing some time and items to this organisation.
have always seported organisations like this,good luck and i hope it all works out.

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » August 24, 2008, 1:14 am

Wait and see. Count me in

sparky
udonmap.com

Friends of Udon

Post by sparky » August 24, 2008, 6:07 am

Lee helpful if you put their thead on udon map. Could not find their site

stokiebaz
udonmap.com

Post by stokiebaz » August 24, 2008, 7:36 pm

really keen to help when i next visit,will try emailing them..stokiebaz. 8)

Galee
udonmap.com

Re: Friends of Udon

Post by Galee » August 31, 2008, 12:50 pm

Had a chat with Thorsten last night about Friends of Udon.

He informs me that an initial meeting of volunteers will be taking place in about 2 weeks time.

Anyone interested please contact Bpu for further details.

Thorstenudon

Post by Thorstenudon » September 6, 2008, 12:04 pm

05.09.08 We visit the Handicap School and talking with the Schoolmaster, to discuss about a fix day and time every weak (Wednesday 2pm), to visit so many Kids then possible (probable 3 or 4).
So that we can make a list of all the Kids with every own personal live situation, disability and need, so that we can prepare the best help.
We will start next Wednesday, if anyone interest about to go there with us then tell us this untill Tuesday eavening please(come in Mojo´s and ask for Pu or Thorsten, or you send me a mail to [email protected] ).

Sincerely
Friends of Udon

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » September 7, 2008, 10:53 am

Savadee Kap,
a big THANK YOU for Mr. Lee,to open this thread for the friends of Udon.I always
like his friendly,helpfully,very effective way to do things.

Ed,yes it,s Nobi,you seen there.And like this photo you will see Torstem amd Nobi,
and hopefully many friends helping the same at many pictures like these,after doing our best we could.

Bigwavedave,you got my Email?
We need teachers,physiotherapeuts,or people,they just has time to join us and
like to do some work with us.

For now,we are working out two main-projects.Beside these we are helping some kids with school-uniforms,
give something for opening sporthalls for handicaps,we will give watertanks to the old peopl's home next week,
help in Nonghaan a handicap-group to raise mushrooms at their farm,buy some musical instruments for a group of handicap people,etc....

Our mainprojects are
1.)Filtering water in schools for the kids.This is a big project,because there are around 1000 schools in the tschangwat Udon.(Province)
I figured out the situations at some schools,standing for all the other schools.Specially the local schools outside inne bush,are the worst cases for me.Kids are drinking the rainwater in the rainseason.Beside some dead frogs,etc.,this time is the time to get healthy.Because in the dry season,without raining,and this can happen 6-7 month a year,kids drinking the water from the ponds.Here the schools have mostly own small water-ponds with this nice big animals around,pissing and ----- around the water.Some have a small filter,never checked.
So,I got a list of 35 schools for now,they seemed to be the worst cases.
After testing the water,Coli-bacteria I will love you,I will find out the correct way to filter for the different amounts of kids/school.For now,we testing different kinds of water from schools.
If anybody has knowledge of filtering-systems,you are really welcome....
After I find out all these things,cost,etc.,I will let you know about more details.

2.)Building up a REHA-Centrum for the handicap-kids,laying outside somewhere inne bush,can't walk,with many different deseases,nobody takes care about them.
I will talk in a couple of days about this.

Thanks for your attention
Friendly regards
Nobi

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » September 7, 2008, 11:06 am

Hi Nobi

Yes i got your email, i cme round but you were at the farm i was told... so i will be round in next day or so...

Regards

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » September 8, 2008, 8:50 am

Hi Dave,
I work at my shop every morning to noonish.
Best time to have a talk after 8.30 pm,everyday,except Sunday.
Relax with a little beer...
Regards
Nobi

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » September 13, 2008, 12:54 pm

Savadee Khap,
today we have to say a BIG THANK YOU to Torsten.
He invites Friends of Udon to his house,serving food & beverages in a nice atmosphere.
Thank you for comming to al lot of friends,friends from the church,friends from the handicap school,friends from Rotary-Club in Udon,et,
So,we worked out,that we will buid up a small mushroomfarm in Nonghaan,running by Handicap people.The same group are playing music in a band.They need some guitare,whatever.
We will help together with a member of the church,Nari from Nonghaan.Thank you for choin us.
The farm cost us around 50% from 30.000,-Bth.
I like this idea from this people,making theit own money on selling mushrooms.For now they work together on a hugh riceield.15 people make their own money,working together.

Our main-project,REHA-Center in Udonthani,we came some steos forward.Looks like,we got a german handicap architect.Hopefully he join our group.
Until this center works,Friends of Udon go out every week at Wednesday,around 2 pm visit some handicaps and give each kid a care-box with useful things in it.

Everybody who is intersted in this work,please join us on Wednesday,to help people.These kids,not able to walk,to sit,to speak,whatever they have for a bad desease,are our aim for the REHA-Center.
We need also more teacher,physio-therapeuts,normaly nice people like me,hehe

If anybody of YOU could help a little bit,there are some care-boxes,each 480,-Bth for 1 kid.
Available at:

MOJO-BAR,Torsten or his stuff

NOBI"S RESTAURANT,Nobi or Ging

both are member and sponsor of Udonthani Magazine,so you will see us here on the map.
Before everyting is gone again,I try to post pictures seperate....
regards Nobi
see you at some Wednesday,or pick up some care-box....

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » September 13, 2008, 1:28 pm

Oh my buddah...
Friends-T.jpg
Pastor of ev.church,Nari,Handicap-group needs a mushroom-farm
Friends-T.jpg (55.59 KiB) Viewed 8639 times
Friends-Pake.jpg
We need many people...
Friends-Pake.jpg (18.65 KiB) Viewed 8638 times

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » September 13, 2008, 1:45 pm

You could have at least introduced us to the people in the picture Nobi, especially the lady in orange :D

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”