The New Expat Club in North-East

Udon Thani clubs and organizations
Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Re: JUST a REMINDER 29TH!!!!

Post by Irish Alan » January 27, 2009, 10:55 pm

BobHelm wrote:(Some text removed.) If that is still too horrific for someone then they can go right through the Dragon Bar next door & enter the outside area that way.
You mean Enter the Dragon? :fryingpan: :fryingpan: :fryingpan:
beer monkey wrote:16 minutes IA ..16. :mrgreen:
Who's Alice..? Ross's Sister..?
Ahem yes,16... No wonder I failed Matematiks and accountansy! :fryingpan: :fryingpan: :fryingpan:

Patlum

Post by Patlum » January 28, 2009, 7:16 am

16mins or 16 years. What’s the difference? It’s time in the town which count’s. I’ve been in Udon a lot longer than most you to have a good reason why not to go to the Clock and I’m sure I’m not alone. Some of you guys have come here and think you know it all. If you had been here any length of time you would know the reason unless you are blind. Udon was a better place to live before the influx of farangs. Udon is too much like Pattaya now and that soi is an embarrassment to the place.
Hope that has rattled your cage.
=D> =D>

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » January 28, 2009, 7:23 am

I take it you wont be going then? :D

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » January 28, 2009, 7:25 am

hmmmmm....Pathum just joined on the 27 of Jan.......wonder who he is?????

Pop's :pirate:

Lars Erik Brandt
udonmap.com

Post by Lars Erik Brandt » January 28, 2009, 8:52 pm

Thank you guys for all the response, in both ways we have got for the first meeting in the Expat Club!! Its amazing that so many of us are reading a little announce about this and i,m really happy about it! It would be much worse if no one payd attenton to it. Yes, we are sitting in the backside so its free for everyone to just sneak away in many directions when its getting to boring.I mean, you who come will also have to listen to me and thats maybe to much! Anyway, if you can make it to spare 1 hour for the Expat Club tomorrow you are ALL WELCOME to listen to a Swedish guy who try to convince you tat this is something for you, and just YOU!!
Thanks again for your replys!!
Lars Erik Brandt :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » January 28, 2009, 9:06 pm

Patium I can pick you up if you need a ride I am a new kid on the block I have only been in Udon 2 1/2
years and thailand 4 years but i am sure your presence will mean a lot to us expats especially those
that came up from Pattaya & Jomtien like me and you can enlighten us all and tell us what we are doing
wrong [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 28, 2009, 9:27 pm

I doubt Patium will be going, - he might give away his other identity!! ;)

Patlum

Post by Patlum » January 28, 2009, 10:31 pm

Partum will not be there and there is no other identity. The Clock for a venue is a NO NO. 4 years in Patters and 2.5 years in Undo still makes you a tenderfoot on the block. You will learn one day why we don’t use the clock as a watering hole...
I’ve just left a few expats in Udon who feel the same.
Now let’s leave this matter alone. You guy’s get on with it.
Good Luck.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » January 29, 2009, 12:19 am

tell me Patium were in this world you hail from ? and I don't have a problem being a tenderfoot
I was once a tenderfoot in the boy scouts so it won't be a first for me :lol: :lol: :lol:
But i can tell you this your the tenderfoot in here. and as for the clock Steve & Marley have never done any wrong doing to any one I know. Of course you have the right to vote with your feet they take you were your most welcomed. I am not a regular in the clock but I do go there for a meal once in a while
there are no establishments that can claim me as there own I frequent many places that I like and avoid those I dislike but as a new kid in here I welcome you

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » January 29, 2009, 12:19 am

Patlum sure isn't a FAN of the Irish Clock.

Geordie
udonmap.com

Post by Geordie » January 29, 2009, 1:01 am

Patlum cannot be too sure of anything not even his own name.

Look at his last post ????????

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 29, 2009, 4:28 am

The answers out there somewhere...its 'blowing in the wind'.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » January 29, 2009, 9:19 am

2.5 years in Undo
Wonder where that is? Sounds African.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » January 29, 2009, 10:27 am

I'd say patlum is a multple personality at his convenience and all the expats that wouldn't go to the IC are his other personalities.Interesting isn't it?I have never heard another expat say a negative thing about IC,so MPD must be the cause #-o

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Post by RALPHCUSENS » January 29, 2009, 11:24 am

Patlum or Patium, or whoever, it would appear that you suffer with a multi personality disorder.

I would hazard a guess, and state that 80 - 90 % of the people that are in Udon use the Irish Clock on a regular basis.

Do you not "Put a foot through the door" because its too decent a place, and there is not the "in your face bargirl scene" ?

OR, is it that you are a a bitter envious proprietor of another establishment and wish to damage the good name of the Irish clock?

Anyway, back to the subject, I for one, will not be able to make this meeting, but look forwards to hearing how it goes,and hope all goes well.

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » January 29, 2009, 3:32 pm

I would dearly love to know how Patlum was so offended by Steve and Malee, and it is certainly the first time I've heard that the "Clock" is a "No, No" for all those Farang who have been here since before Udon had a ring-road.
One can't help but to find it a tad unnecessary when a basically decent member of the community, his wife and establishment are vilified in such a manner.
So; come on Patlum, enough of these nose-tapping insinuations ... please divulge.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 29, 2009, 3:51 pm

I do know of certain Falang in Udon that would not enter The Clock & believe that 2 factors are involved in those decisions.
1. Before it was against the law Steve used to allow smoking in the bar/restaurant. This was suppose to not be everywhere and he did have a good air purification system. However it did upset some non smokers.
This is no longer an issue as smoking (by law) is now banned in The Clock - there are outside areas at the front and back to accommodate smokers.
2. When he was here Doc (bless his cotton socks :D ) rather made the Clock his 'fiefdom' . Now Doc was not every bodies cup of tea (to put it mildly) and could be quite an imposing character. Not that I ever had an issue with him.
Well, this is no longer an issue either, Doc being far away in China.

I probably go in The Clock a couple of times a month, either to get a decent Falang food fix or watch early football and have never been greeted with anything other than the greatest civility!!!

Juan Kosoff
udonmap.com

Post by Juan Kosoff » January 29, 2009, 4:06 pm

Got to agree, I am not a bar lover or great drinker, on the two occasions that i visited last month I was greeted with the usual sideways glance of who's this by the punters outside. Though made to feel most welcome by steve with a smile, hello and what can I get you, same by the staff. What more do you want ? also the food was good.
I don't hang around bars if I did it would be IC :D

Lars Erik Brandt
udonmap.com

The New Expat Club in North-East

Post by Lars Erik Brandt » January 29, 2009, 8:37 pm

Did we make it??? YES , we did!! From this day the 29th of january 2009 we can for sure inform ALL who doubt that the start of a new Expat Club in Udon Thani should not go,,,Sorry you were wrong!!! Todays first meeting with the positive people and the discussion for 1 1/2 hour led to that this Expat Club now is officialy started!
Sorry for you who didnt have the time to come and listen and missed the chance to see for your self what the meeting contained. But dont hang your head so low,, You will have a new chance to come together if you want and join us at the next meeting in february the 22nd. Its a sunday so we took the advantage to start at 14.00, good time for those who want to sleep a little after saturdays football on TV. OR,, you can also join us , if you want at the invitation we got from the Panyavej Hospital in Udon Thani, near the trainstation, to look at the facilities and what they can from the hospital offer you and me when the need is coming. OR check up your self before the need is there!! 14.00 in the lobby and refreshment to everyone from the hospital!!
So, i want to see you there!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kevh
udonmap.com

Re: The New Expat Club in North-East

Post by kevh » January 29, 2009, 9:33 pm

Very interesting,

Is it possible to publish the main points on the agenda, and the outcome of discussion on those points?

It could be a good way of encouraging expats who were not at the meeting to joint the club, or show some interest.

I for one am interested at the very least, although my time is occupied in the UK again for the moment.

It would be nice to be kept informed of the latest developements.

Thankyou in advance

Kevin

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”