The New Expat Club in North-East

Udon Thani clubs and organizations
thaimac
udonmap.com

Re: The New Expat Club in North-East

Post by thaimac » January 30, 2009, 5:59 am

I agree with kevh... While he is occupied in UK, I am occupied, not by choice, in US. Will follow the progress of new club and anticipate coming to meeting in March..

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » January 30, 2009, 9:11 am

I was at the meeting sadly it bounced around to much to get any thing settled IMO it went from
Sponsorship to getting Attorney and then to our thai wives and discounts on medical care
IMO the first order of business is setting up a permanent meeting place getting people involved in
being officers & trustees to run a meeting I made a point about drinking & smoking during the meeting I step on some toes other than water all drinks should NOT be allowed during the discussing after the meet is close the bar is open I also mentioned dues and that was challenged if we are NOT self supporting
we will NOT succeed unless this issues are not brought up it will be a waste of my time to attend them

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Post by RALPHCUSENS » January 30, 2009, 9:27 am

It would be interesting to know how many attended the first meeting :D :D

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » January 30, 2009, 9:32 am

aznyron wrote:I made a point about drinking & smoking during the meeting I step on some toes other than water all drinks should NOT be allowed during the discussing after the meet is close the bar is open
That seems very reasonable and proper.

Lars Erik Brandt
udonmap.com

Post by Lars Erik Brandt » January 31, 2009, 6:44 pm

Heres some answers to you who wrote about the meeting. First, after having this meeting with NO secretary i wrote down the most important as a kind of protocoll and already sent this out to those who came to the meeting. Azyron, i,m glad that you were at the meeting and to start perfectly reading the agenda the first time at a new club is just as hard as catch the moon! Everything is new but i can asure you that the next meeting at february we will go point by point so we dont miss anything. There was some suggestions , i know about lawyers and others but those we want to come and speak for us we just cant pick like we go buy bread! I want it to be properly and with all information and knowledge they can give us and not only bla-bla!! So we have to first discuss and decide, Who?, Where?, What do we want?. We must have some specified questions to them who are invited or else they will talk about subjects we dont want to heare! Rigth? I hope i will get some help in this althougth i believe that many of you have a good knowledge who will shall priority to invite.
One thing i sure do agree with you is: No alcohol on the tables while the meeting still goes on! There is plenty of time after this to have a beer or what ever! So i will put this as a point at the agenda for february!!OK?
As i said everything is new, but if we can "work" together with this club i believe we all can share a good time the coming meetings and occasions running the year out.
I counted those who came and left and others who came in "half-time" and all together, incl. my self we were 17 persons! Not bad for the first time. 7 did told me that they were not able to make it because they were abroad, but will show up in february. Danish and Norwegian people but maybe also from Aussie and France.
Afetr the meeting i got a new member(from Chiang Mai) who is a writer for some newspaper and moving to Nong Kai! Maybe we have some there who can write notes!!
Well, i think this was what i had in mind, I,m sure i forgot something but do remind me if so!

The New Expat Club in North-East/Lars Erik Brandt :mrgreen:

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » January 31, 2009, 8:41 pm

Lars I would like this club to succeed I will be at the next meeting GOD willing
I also would like to say all my future comments will be made at a meeting and not public
and if I have some thing I want to say to you before a meet I will PM you Good Luck

Lars Erik Brandt
udonmap.com

Post by Lars Erik Brandt » January 31, 2009, 9:56 pm

Thank You ,Aznyron!! You are just the man i believe on that says what you are thinking and that always leads to fair answers! I met a lot of people i my days and i can tell you as you sure know, that there are a lot of them who say one thing behind doors and another outside these. Yes, if we can get along with the club and people are serious then we also will have a lot of members! Dont worry about stepping on some "Toes", i will always lead to a more interesting discussion,,or?? There must be some certain rules like in every club or organisation or else there will be chaos in the end. :mrgreen:

Nice evening to you and looking forward to see you next time/Lars Erik Brandt

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 31, 2009, 10:50 pm

"Ron 'For' Deputy Chairman"(or Chair 'person' in this politically correct world we live in)....!!!!!

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » February 1, 2009, 12:35 am

beer monkey wrote:"Ron 'For' Deputy Chairman"(or Chair 'person' in this politically correct world we live in)....!!!!!
I think they just call it "Chair" now with no mention of gender.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 1, 2009, 9:07 am

IA wrote:I think they just call it "Chair" now with no mention of gender.
Would that be the electric one? :lol:

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » February 1, 2009, 12:38 pm

Arjay, are you suggesting Ron for the electric chair?? That's a pretty heavy sentence for someone who only wants eliminate smoking and drinking during expat meetings.

Actually, the no smoking is a given... as for the drinking, I don't see a problem with members having a beer while sitting at the meeting. In fact, it should be remembered that we're currently meeting at the Irish Clock and I'm sure our host would like us to imbibe while we're using his facilities.

Ron, I hope your next target isn't to eliminate drinking during our Night Market Meetings?? :guiness: :crying:

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » February 1, 2009, 12:49 pm

If you manage to get your hands on an Electric chair... (Even get an all metal one and I'll gladly wire it up for you.) I would like to nominate my ex-mother-in-law as chair for your committee.

Order please around the roooooooooom!

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » February 1, 2009, 1:40 pm

Is this a charity, association or a business, either way it will require articles, a board, directors etc.

Can anyone explain????? :?

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » February 1, 2009, 2:35 pm

IMO it neither it is my understanding it going to be a club that why it called the new expats club
I would assume after we get organized we will seek out a place to rent that is why I suggested
we pay dues so we can be self supporting with out side influence why not go to the next meet
and find out if this is for you and you might want to make some suggestions which we do need
and yes I do agree we need board of directors such as trustees and a president & VP as well
we can not expect one person to do all the work I do want to answer Pak I have no problem with drinking at a meet at the Irish clock or any other bar it only if we should get a place of our own is were the rules
should apply my reason is we do not need excessive drinking while a meeting is in progress before & after the BAR is OPEN

Lars Erik Brandt
udonmap.com

Post by Lars Erik Brandt » February 1, 2009, 4:45 pm

I still agree with you aznyron, that there should be No [-X drinking at the meetings as long as they proceed!! What the heck, theres plenty of time the whole day to take a good beer or whatever but if you can spare 1 hour for a serious thing cant you spare the drinking to afterwards! Sure i thougth about when gettting along with the club tht we also get our "own" place to stay. Then we can discuss together both rules and other but as long as we are in The Irish Clock we have to pay attention for their regulations. I also welcome many of those who not came to the first meeting but its never to late!! Just show up the 18th at the Hospital or the 22nd at the Irish clock and listen and see for youe self!!
Your much welcome!!! and you can bring "coffee" with you to keep awake when you got tired of listen to me!! :mrgreen:

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » February 1, 2009, 5:08 pm

So is this club for profit or not?

Geordie
udonmap.com

Post by Geordie » February 1, 2009, 10:39 pm

Astana, Ex Pats Club for sharing information first hand, not a profit making enterprise.

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » February 1, 2009, 11:02 pm

Thanks Geordie.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » February 3, 2009, 8:01 pm

There was another thread going on lawn bowls etc and they require a club house.

Lars, is it not an idea to discuss with these people, and then u have a club house and a new group of potential members available to your group.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » February 3, 2009, 8:32 pm

this will be for our next meeting for all you thirsty members

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”