The New Expat Club in North-East

Udon Thani clubs and organizations
lassebasse
udonmap.com

Re: The New Expat Club in North-East

Post by lassebasse » February 18, 2009, 6:59 pm

Lars Erik Brandt wrote:Hello Gentlemen,,, Dont forget about next week when we are invited to the PanyavejInter Hospital to guied us around and we meet at 14.00 in the lobby!! Any "expat" are invited and if you want your lady with thats ok too!!
If you want to call me my officetelephone are out of line(broken) but still my mobile is working on:08 3672 5641.

Ok,, welcome to the hospital and dont forget the new meeting at the Irish Clock, Sunday the 22:nd at 14.00! :mrgreen:
Thank you Lars for arranging this. Since I am fairly new to Udon I found it very useful to get this info of one of the better hospitals in town. I am sure that I will make use of their promotions for health check ups now that I have a direct link to one of their managers. Not to mention that I do not think that I ever have seen so many cute nurses. :love:

Geordie
udonmap.com

Post by Geordie » February 18, 2009, 7:24 pm

Well gentlemen today was the arranged visit to the Panyavejinter Hospital & what an entertaining & informative visit it was but, where were the people who said that they would attend & did'nt? Lars & his Swedish pal + their charming ladies & myself turned up & had a great 2 hours of hospitality & information, it was obvious that the Hospital & especially Khun John (Prayoon Thavon)manager of International Services had made a big effort to welcome more people than turned up but in true Thai fashion were very gracious about the lack of numbers...Nuffsaid on that.

If this kind of activity is what the Ex Pats Club is all about then i am in 100% in favour of this type of organization & hope it is a big success, after being a bit sceptical about the whole concept i might add.

Lars appoligized today for a lack of input to Udonmap members due to his PC being in a non opperative condition i.e.fcuked & asked if i would remind everybody who is interested about the meeting at the Irish Clock on Sunday 22nd @ 2 00 pm.

Come along lads im sure this can be good for us if we get the support & enthusiasm i now think this idea deserves.

Cheers Geordie.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 18, 2009, 11:08 pm

Pakawala has given his view as to what the Expat Club should or should not be. Can anyone from the "Organizers", please confirm these thoughts.
I don't know why people did not turn up at the hospital, after saying they would, but personally there is no way I would have gone. I, and I assume most of the expats in Udon will have already visited the hospital at some time or another, and already had the "Khun John Chat" as to what they can do for us farang.
If I want to know something about the tourist police, I will ask one. They are "out and about" most nights in Udon, and are quite a friendly bunch of guys, who can always be approached with a question or two.
As for Immigration matters, that in itself is a "hornets nest". The expats here seem to be on various types of visa, with various rules, that change more often than anyone can keep up with. It is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to know exactly what the current situation is, as the guys in the Immigration office don't know, and change the information they give you from one day to the next.
In short if this is the "sole aim" of the expats club, then I don't think I will be bothering ....... If however Pakawala is mistaken with his view, and it IS to be a social club, with visits to and from the various organisations as an "optional extra" then I might well be interested.

Geordie
udonmap.com

Post by Geordie » February 18, 2009, 11:34 pm

Statto . John i read your post with intrest, what Pakawala has said is really the basis of the concept, dont forget this idea is in its infancy so it is up to everyone interested to contribute & get involved to make or break it .
I do believe this can take off given a chance early days yet.
Come to the meet on Sunday i will buy you a beer afterwards. Howay the Lads.

Also what you say about the " Khun John Chat " what they can do for us Farangs, never forget the saying.
"There is strength in numbers".

Lars Erik Brandt
udonmap.com

Post by Lars Erik Brandt » February 20, 2009, 11:01 am

Thank,s for the replys after being visiting the Panyavejinter Hospital the 18:th this month. Yes,i was a little disapointed too when i look at all these notes i have who didnt show up!! OK,people can get busy or so but we still living in 2009 and :everybody: has a phone?? No more about this, there will be more chances coming to do new visits. On sunday the 22:nd i will speak a little about what we done the 18:th and let them know who shows up then!
Asmany of us in the club wants to get together at just sudays and at 14.00 o,clock i expect that we will be more fellows this time.Rigth? I have some good info about embassies from US, U.K. and others that you maybe want to know. Also there will be an agenda on tables and i hope we will have a good meeting! Dont you forget now that the day and time is: The Irish Clock, Sunday 22:nd and 14.00 , we be upstairs a before!!
Sitting now in Vientiane , friday the 20:th so you cant call me today but tomorrow i be at home in Ban Dong Ling again!!! :mrgreen:

Lars Erik Brandt
udonmap.com

The "Expat Club Meeting in March!!!

Post by Lars Erik Brandt » March 17, 2009, 2:19 pm

Hello all members and you who want to become a new one! We are as usual having our meeting at The Irish Clock at Sampanamit Rd. , Sunday the 29th of March and we start at 14.00!! This month i hope that i can get material and speakers about INSURANCE and all around this. A lot of you have be asking for this so i will see whay i can do!
Anyway there will be reports and also some of your membershipcards are ready so dont hesitate to come.
See you at the day and time above!!! :mrgreen:

[gmap=AARTsJroPdZLBStTWR2DjdAFhb5f0C3aAQ]http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 62e29969ee[/gmap]

Paul
udonmap.com

Re: The "Expat Club Meeting in March!!!

Post by Paul » March 18, 2009, 8:58 pm

Lars,
There is already a thread on the 'Expat club'

Can you please keep to one thread instead of opening another thread on exactly the same subject

Thanks

Lars Erik Brandt
udonmap.com

Sunday Meeting,Expat Club!!!!

Post by Lars Erik Brandt » March 22, 2009, 12:47 pm

Just a reminder to YIOU all members and other "Farangs" who should be interested to see and listen what we are soing in the Expat Club, Udon Thani! Sunday the 29th March we are at the Irish Clock 2:nd floor and the meeting starts at 14.00. You are welcome and dont forget,, Bring a Friend with you!!

Lars Erik Brandt :mrgreen:

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 3, 2009, 9:05 pm

A bit quiet Lars. Anything to report?

Geordie
udonmap.com

Post by Geordie » April 4, 2009, 12:44 am

Galee wrote:A bit quiet Lars. Anything to report?

Galee, there was a meeting of the Ex Pats Club last Sunday about 16-18 people showed which is an improvement on previous meetings, Lars told me we have now about 70 members from a few different nationalities who are interested in making the club a success. As i said in an earlier post this idea is still in its infancy and needs time to be successful, the suggestions comming from people at the meetings are very promising as to what the club needs to be a success.
I know that Lars is working very hard and putting in a lot of time to organize talks and information on quite a few issues that affect Ex Pats here [with due respect to Udonmap members, first hand information from the horses mouth without the opinions of people who dont live here and some that do]. The club is also trying to create it's own website but obviously this will take a little time to set up. As i said before Lars is working very hard this is why i've answered this, to save him a bit of time.
Galee, thanks for your interest, and anyone else who needs any info please dont be afraid to ask.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » April 4, 2009, 7:03 am

Geordie wrote:
Galee wrote:A bit quiet Lars. Anything to report?

Galee, there was a meeting of the Ex Pats Club last Sunday about 16-18 people showed which is an improvement on previous meetings, Lars told me we have now about 70 members from a few different nationalities who are interested in making the club a success. As i said in an earlier post this idea is still in its infancy and needs time to be successful, the suggestions comming from people at the meetings are very promising as to what the club needs to be a success.
I know that Lars is working very hard and putting in a lot of time to organize talks and information on quite a few issues that affect Ex Pats here [with due respect to Udonmap members, first hand information from the horses mouth without the opinions of people who dont live here and some that do]. The club is also trying to create it's own website but obviously this will take a little time to set up. As i said before Lars is working very hard this is why i've answered this, to save him a bit of time.
Galee, thanks for your interest, and anyone else who needs any info please dont be afraid to ask.
:lol: :lol: :lol: When something truly important comes out of the ''horses mouth'',be sure and let us know!My experience is what comes out is usually BS!I prefer expat experiences! :-k But ,I am sure if the Expats club has something to offer the Thai community,it will be accepted and earn a ''big smile''! :lol:

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » April 4, 2009, 4:18 pm

And it seems those of us who dont live there are not welcome :-k

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » August 16, 2009, 11:03 pm

The Expat Club in Udonthani now hold its' monthly meeting, the last Sunday of the month, 1400 hours(2pm) 4th floor Panyavejinter Hospital, this has in fact been the case effect with the May 2009, next meeting will held there 30 Aug 2009, 2pm. :D

seymourbutts
udonmap.com

Post by seymourbutts » August 17, 2009, 2:02 pm

Did the hospital happen to mention anything about discounts to members?????? :lol:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 17, 2009, 6:58 pm

PJ Hospital is doing everyting it can to get expats inside it, the problem is having never dipped my toe into its service nor its medical services, does anyone know if it is in fact any good compared with Wattana and AEK apart from the price that is.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » August 17, 2009, 7:00 pm

Khun Paul, that's another subject and needs a separate topic starting, please ;)

This thread is just a notice of meetings.

Lars Erik Brandt
udonmap.com

Post by Lars Erik Brandt » August 17, 2009, 10:31 pm

To All our members and All You who are interested in The Expat Club of North-East Thailand.
We are beginning to be a very hugh club now. The e-mails come in with about 10-15 "every day"!
Therefor we had to separate The Expat Club mails from my private e-mail to get quicker answers to your question and for you to have a correct e-mail to us! The new e-mail is:
[email protected] and our adress is: 411/28 Soi 3 Hlang Pramong Road, Hmark Khaeng Udon Thani 41000. Our telephones are: Office 042-304 282 and cellphone: 08 3672 5641.So, here is what you need to contact us. We have also a new main-sponsor this year out, Panyavejinter Hospital, Prajak Road 111(near trainstation) Udon Thani! We meet at the last sunday every month there at 4th floor and at time: 14.00. Always interesting speakers, local information, and still this year NO FEE for new members!!
Why dont you come and join us? What can you loose? Nothing as we see it but you get a up-to-date info and you can be a part of next meeting with your ideas! Bring a friend too! OK!

Lars Erik Brandt :mrgreen: /President of Expat Club

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”