Expat Club in Udon Prov.

Udon Thani clubs and organizations
downunder
udonmap.com

Expat Club in Udon Prov.

Post by downunder » August 22, 2014, 8:15 pm

Murray, You have tried to put this Club down on many previous occasions, ever since you and your Author friend [also an American] burst your presence into a Board Meeting unannounced and without prior approval. There are always loud mouthed Americans who want to save the World, know it all. Fortunately there are very few here in Udon. I do not attend meetings anymore due to people like you undermining the Club, but I still retain my Life Membership. This Club obviously does not suit you personally, but to the members who attend regular meetings it does. They are happy with the way it is. My advice to you is to keep your mouth closed and appear stupid, than to open it and remove all doubt. War and Peace would be a good start.
Victor Starnes ex President Udon Expat Club

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Expat Club in Udon Prov.

Post by Khun Paul » August 23, 2014, 5:15 am

No matter what any person says, the lack of info regarding the club is sad, before the last two posts, it was previously uopdated in 2012. Now while any club can survive onb its web-site and good name constant updates would be I am sure advantageous. Although I have never visited the club, there was a time when i seriously thought about it, but the lack of information and the bad press about certain members made me feel it was not the place to go to.

Monthly updates with reviews of the speakers and forthcoming events might spur those dithering like myself to dip a toe in the water, but lack of any updates, makes you think the club as gone the way of the Dodo.
But hey who am I to talk.

GT93
udonmap.com

Expat Club in Udon Prov.

Post by GT93 » August 23, 2014, 12:22 pm

Khun Paul wrote: But hey who am I to talk.
An old hand with well over 2,000 posts here. The kind of punter the club should want.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Expat Club in Udon Prov.

Post by Khun Paul » August 24, 2014, 9:11 am

Well thankyou for that but i still stand by what i said, lack of anything positive about this club, for so long a time, I actually thought it had died a death, the fact that it is still in existence is good but i still need a good reason to visit it, not just to talk to old farts who actually have nothing else to do on a Sunday afternoon and at a location which as far as I can gather is a way for the hospital to recruit new patients, not saying that they do but one does wonder. dIdin't like the Paolo and PJ and this one is even more money orientated that them so I rest my case.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Expat Club in Udon Prov.

Post by mortiboy » August 24, 2014, 9:38 am

Yes I too was inquisitive to know more about EX Pat Club
I actually am a member .Signed up years ago. Cant even remember user/Password!
Went to the site few weeks ago.Seems not much happening.
Was a picture of a meeting showing Members sitting in hard back chairs in a bare room.
Looking bored.
Do they have a discussion site? Posts/info? Cant see it.
So what does it have to offer?
Mai mee tahng !

Zidane
udonmap.com

Expat Club in Udon Prov.

Post by Zidane » August 24, 2014, 10:28 am

mortiboy wrote: So what does it have to offer?
Maybe scantily clad nurses to entice older members into the Intensive Care Unit ? :-k
Expats club.jpg
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Expat Club in Udon Prov.

Post by mortiboy » August 24, 2014, 12:13 pm

WOW! She can check my Prostate anytime! :shock:
Mai mee tahng !

parrot
udonmap.com

Expat Club in Udon Prov.

Post by parrot » August 24, 2014, 3:16 pm

Khun Paul wrote:But hey who am I to talk.
Exactly! I've been to two meetings. Found it wasn't my cup of tea. But if it's suitable tea for others, why should it matter to anyone else??

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Expat Club in Udon Prov.

Post by Khun Paul » August 25, 2014, 8:27 am

I heard some rumours and the so called spats within the club and one or two of the outcomes, so it left me with a realisation that is was not really for me, but time marches on and all of us change with time and I was really wondering if it was time to dip my toe into the proverbial and see if the club had matured into an entity that could be useful. Unfortunately lack of anything positive means that it is probably lurching along as it has before , under the assumption that it is providing something for Expats in Udon.

parrot
udonmap.com

Expat Club in Udon Prov.

Post by parrot » August 25, 2014, 9:10 am

Attachments
10583939_425778730894942_4901659390813592445_n.jpg

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”