Udon Dungeons & Dragons club!

Udon Thani clubs and organizations
ScorpioPower
udonmap.com

Udon Dungeons & Dragons club!

Post by ScorpioPower » February 20, 2010, 9:40 am

We game regularly in Udon and if you would like to join us either to take an exciting and hilarious trip down memory lane or to learn how to play the world's original and #1 role playing game, please send me a PM.

Billg
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Dungeons & Dragons club!

Post by Billg » February 20, 2010, 5:10 pm

Hi Scorpio
Maybe you could give a brief insite into this No1 game you are interested in. Getting more players to join would be better if they knew the basics ?

Cheers

Bill

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 20, 2010, 6:11 pm

Billg
udonmap.com

Post by Billg » February 20, 2010, 6:16 pm

Thanks Bob :-"

Dungeons & Dragons is a structured yet open-ended role-playing game. It is normally played indoors with the participants seated around a table-top. Typically, each player controls only a single character, which represents an individual in a fictional setting.[12][13] When working together as a group, these player characters (PCs) are often described as a ‘party’ of adventurers, with each member often having his or her own areas of specialty that contributes to the success of the whole.[14][15] During the course of play, each player directs the actions of his or her character and its interactions with the other characters in the game.[16][17] A game often continues over a series of meetings to complete a single adventure, and longer into a series of related gaming adventures, called a ‘campaign’.[18]

The results of the party's choices and the overall storyline for the game are determined by the Dungeon Master (DM) according to the rules of the game and the DM's interpretation of those rules.[19] The DM selects and describes the various non-player characters (NPCs) the party encounters, the settings in which these interactions occur, and the outcomes of those encounters based on the players' choices and actions.[17][20] Encounters often take the form of battles with 'monsters' – a generic term used in D&D to describe potentially hostile beings such as animals or mythical creatures. The game's extensive rules – which cover diverse subjects such as social interactions,[21] magic use,[22] combat,[23] and the effect of the environment on PCs[24] – help the DM to make these decisions. The Dungeon Master may choose to deviate from the published rules[19] or make up new ones as he or she feels necessary.[25]

Release 3.5 of the three core rulebooksThe most recent versions of the game's rules are detailed in three core rulebooks: The Player's Handbook, the Dungeon Master's Guide and the Monster Manual. A Basic Game boxed set contains abbreviated rules to help beginners learn the game.[26]

The only items required to play the game are the rulebooks, a character sheet for each player and a number of polyhedral dice. The current editions also assume, but do not require, the use of miniature figures or markers on a gridded surface. Earlier editions did not make this assumption.[27] Many optional accessories are available to enhance the game, such as expansion rulebooks, pre-designed adventures and various campaign settings.[28]

ScorpioPower
udonmap.com

Post by ScorpioPower » February 21, 2010, 9:31 am

So, do you fancy joining us then, Bill?

Billg
udonmap.com

Post by Billg » February 21, 2010, 3:08 pm

Hi SP
Thanks for the informative PM, really sounds like fun, but i feel that i must decline the offer as my time in Udon is limited due to work schedules, but best of luck and now looking forward to further updates of the games.

Cheers
Bill

Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Post by Thai_1_On » July 18, 2010, 10:32 am

There will be an upcoming game from July 24-27. I know I've been gone for a while but I'll be back in town and I'll be running the game. You can PM me or post here and I'll give all the details.

Sorry I don't remember the name of the street but the game will be held at The Bookstore in town. Great location and also has refreshments and a perfect atmosphere for playing D&D.

You don't need to know the rules right off as everyone helps each other. The only thing you''ll need is your imagination.

Everyone will be most welcomed.

ScorpioPower
udonmap.com

Post by ScorpioPower » August 4, 2010, 3:57 pm

We had a great game about two weeks ago and are planning on having a game during the 12-13th August holiday.

Please let us know if you'd like to join in the fun!

Learning how to play really is a piece of cake and the game is great to play because you can unofficially cheat. Well, we calll it being devious, actually!

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » August 5, 2010, 1:49 pm

I shall be there! :D

Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Post by Thai_1_On » August 13, 2010, 1:27 pm

The game is on! We're here at the The Book Shop now and the game is going great. Looks as though we have new player and possibly attracting others.

Don't be shy, come back and give it a try. You may find that this is a great way to spend a few hours with friends slaying dragons saving the world :D

ScorpioPower
udonmap.com

Post by ScorpioPower » August 13, 2010, 4:06 pm

Yup, ANOTHER great game and welcome to our newest member! :D

We shall be starting a new game tomorrow afternoon [Saturday the 14th of August] from 2:45 onwards at the Bookhouse & Coffee Shop, so please feel free to come and join in the fun!

We also play a daily online game. Please PM me for details of how to join. It's basically just a text-based adventure game and is THE most successful private group ever on the Internet forum on which it appears: http://www.ajarnforum.net

Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Post by Thai_1_On » August 13, 2010, 4:26 pm

Through my best efforts ScorpioPower managed to stay alive through another dungeon. It was quite nice seeing another person wanting to join the group.

If you fancy joining PM me or ScorpioPower and we will help set-up your character. We have a program to make it simple just ask one of us. Don't worry about learning the rules as we will help you learn on the fly. The most important thing is to come and have fun! :D

ScorpioPower
udonmap.com

Post by ScorpioPower » August 14, 2010, 8:13 pm

ANOTHER great adventure!!! :pirate:

C'mon folks. Venture forth!!

Please PM me for details of the next game.

:D

Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Post by Thai_1_On » October 4, 2010, 10:57 am

Another adventure will be starting later this month. I will be in town on the 13th or 14th and were planning on gaming for 10 days or so.

For those of you that have played before I am planning on running the module "White Plume Mountain". This is a true D&D classic and I have great memories of going through this dungeon. Don't miss a chance to try it out for yourself.

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”