Childrens playgroups in Udon?

Udon Thani clubs and organizations
Handsomeman
udonmap.com

Post by Handsomeman » July 6, 2012, 3:18 pm

I am looking for a children's playgroup in Udon for my 2 year old son, I am wanting a group that he can go to for 3-4 hours 2-3 times a week so he can mix and socialize with other kids his age, I am not looking for the daycare groups that he has to attend 9-5pm 5 days a week,

If anyone has any information and details of any play groups it would be much appreciated,

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » July 6, 2012, 4:13 pm

Hansum, I don't live in Udon, so can't help you with details, but I would recommend if you can't find an informal group, you talk to some of the pre-k schools and see if they would accept a flex schedule. Usually they are not too particular about attendance at that age. We enrolled our daughter in a private school here in our town that runs from pre-k to grade 6 and kids seem to be coming and going at all hours.

We enrolled her at 19 months and she loves it, she's now 2 1/2. Initially she went from 8 AM until 3 PM. After a couple of months she asked to stay later so now we pick her up at 4. I would strongly urge you to find something as it has been wonderful. We have plenty of kids around here but they are all boys and older than her and I was concerned about her becoming a tomboy. There has been a remarkable change in her and her development. The only problem we had initially was when she slugged an older boy who was bugging her. :shock: She quickly learned that was not acceptable behavior in school, although she still plays rough and tumble with the neighborhood boys. They also have taught her some manners, e.g. when she finishes eating she takes her plate to the kitchen, picks things up off the floor, puts her toys away, things like that.

So your little man may surprise you and like it so much he will want to stay longer. Good luck!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 6, 2012, 4:37 pm

Agree with JimboLV. My 2 1/2 yr old goes to "school"
She can stay anything from 08:00 till 17:30, but she only attends a few days a month when my wife need to deal with things in the village or just needs a day off. They don't mind what hours or what weekdays she attends. A few weeks ago I had to go to pick her up, and was impressed by the fact that even though the little one obviously knew "papa" when I arrived, the teacher still rang my wife to check if she had asked me to collect her

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 7, 2012, 8:12 am

There are a few shops on the 4th floor of the Central Plaza that cater to kids. Adjacent to the Music stores, beneath the escalator to Major Bowl and Major Cineplex.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » July 7, 2012, 9:48 am

I would highly recommend Atruban Puan Dek (Spelling) Kindergarten on Wattana Nuwong Road. They take children as early as 6 months up to 5 years old. The under 3 year old group classroom is really a playroom with toys, videos etc. The days are divided up into various learning actives, it's a great chance for children to mix and play together.

They're open from 7.30am until 4pm, you can drop off and pick up your kid at anytime, any day of the week.

https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=17.4 ... sz=18&z=17[/googlemap]

Handsomeman
udonmap.com

Post by Handsomeman » July 7, 2012, 4:04 pm

Thank you for the responses and very helpful information, I will be checking out Central Plaza and Atruban Puan Dek,

Return to “Clubs & Organizations”