Val
15%
Doc
79%

Total votes: 34

oldfield

Who do you miss the most on the forum?

Post by oldfield » June 8, 2008, 10:22 am

IMO the forum has been lacking some interesting and lively discussion this year.

I put it down to the departure of 3 Udonmap stalwarts:

Ray

Valentine

Doc

Who do YOU miss the most?

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 8, 2008, 10:28 am

I never met any of them but I did have posting's with Doc he seem to be a nice chap
sadly some of you found him to be a know it all LOL I enjoyed his posting wish he still posted here even from China at least we could keep updated on him & his health and I voted Doc

simons

Post by simons » June 8, 2008, 10:33 am

I'm a regular viewer of um.

It doesn't take many brain cellls to work out Ray and Val still post on the forum, look thru the posts and read between the lines.

Ray23 = B**p
Valentine = tr****it & ud***irl
Doc has moved to China

My vote goes to Doc, he always enjoyed stirring the pot and creating a lively discussion.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 8, 2008, 10:57 am

aznyron wrote:I never met any of them but I did have posting's with Doc he seem to be a nice chap
sadly some of you found him to be a know it all LOL I enjoyed his posting wish he still posted here even from China at least we could keep updated on him & his health and I voted Doc
Good news Ronnie (and many others of course :D) - you can keep up with Doc at http://www.oldcodger.org/

Besides Doc, I reckon I miss UdornLA the most :D

And Rico since he stopped talking to me :lol: :lol:

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » June 8, 2008, 11:06 am

I miss Soi Jet (7) and my udon Home with my dear Nu NU and brown dog

Master Builder from down under
Master Builder

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 8, 2008, 11:20 am

Thank you Jack I sent him a email wishing him luck and asking him to post in here again

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 8, 2008, 11:36 am

simons wrote:I'm a regular viewer of um.

It doesn't take many brain cellls to work out Ray and Val still post on the forum, look thru the posts and read between the lines.

Ray23 = B**p
Doc has moved to China

My vote goes to Doc, he always enjoyed stirring the pot and creating a lively discussion.
I would like to make it clear that although I have met Valentine and his wife Udon Girl I have no connection to either, although I must admit to sharing many of his sentiments. I see he still posts on both www.thaivisa.com
and http:/teakdoor.com as Valentineboy and so does Ray23.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » June 8, 2008, 12:03 pm

Thank you Jack I sent him a email wishing him luck and asking him to post in here again
YOU DID WHAT? you think John has problems, you better watch your back at the next meeting. not too many fans of Doc there, inclusive. though i did meet him and had a pleasant long bar stool chat with him at the Clock. sometimes he was very infomative, others, which are actually the better post, he offered advise myself and others thought he had little or no knowledge/experience of. hence the enjoyment of the responses. until he intentional baited/attacked some friends, i thought no problem, but after a couple post, especially one admitting he intentional went after one memeber, i lost respect for his thought process.

Ray and Val have been reincarnated, and more selective in their posting, good and bad, as their banter was always welcomed by me.
I miss UdornLA the most
thank you for your thoughts, but i don't think i'll need that, tho not sure if even still here, as auto complete didn't show when i touched link to sign it. it seems all my sign in/posting problems have disappeared, tho not thru my actions as i have done nothing different. sure that makes some very happy, now i can post unlimited again :shock: :lol: :lol: 8)

missed you last night, if there, sorry didn't get to that end of table. maybe next time.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » June 8, 2008, 12:31 pm

Anyone ever think there could be a reason for name changes on this forum, that had nothing to do with the forum. No matter what the name I still enjoy the banter :lol: Thanks guys time for another name change. I think Lee will help me start completly over. Never wanted to hide from anyone on the forum.

I still get letters from China from Doc, interesting stuff

I't's interesting to note that sometimes people brillance overload thier common since, just life I guess.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 8, 2008, 12:38 pm

LA I was unaware things get personal between you and Doc just remember I am a new kid on the
block Doc departed shortly after I joined the forum so any altercations Doc had with the members I am unaware of them and I will not be responsible if he should start posting again in a derogatory manner How ever I do extend my apologies for waking up old problem

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » June 8, 2008, 1:02 pm

personal between you and Doc
nothing personal between me and doc, just didn't care for his forum tactics. lost a bit of respect for him, as he wth me i would assume, since we didn't acknowledge our last presence at the clock shortly before he left.
How ever I do extend my apologies for waking up old problem
never a problem here with any poster, including myself, just turn the channel, and off to the next thread. easy to avoid myself or anyone. i usually avoid the topic rather than the poster. unless started by a poster i have no interest of their opinion, which thankfully is very rare. even warmed up to a few that i disagreed with one way or another. good thing we/most have thick skin. thank god for the smileys, throw them in, just to make sure you're not taken the wrong way, as our humor isn't alwasy understood/appreciated by each of us. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just incase. hope nobody ever takes me too serious, if i have a major problem, i would send a pm, though i did not once, and almost :lol: :lol: regret, as i have warmed up to him, though disagree sometimes, but as i say too many times, if i can be tolerated, not too many that can't. 8)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 8, 2008, 1:19 pm

missed you last night, if there, sorry didn't get to that end of table. maybe next time.
Not there last night LA - I am sure you would have heard quite quickly if I had attended. :D

I have 2 trips into town this coming week to pick up visitors at the airport, so with the price of diesel I really couldn't justify another trip.

Then go away for 3 weeks, so will miss July, but I am confident of making August.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » June 8, 2008, 2:32 pm

I MISS ROCKY SKYDIVER!.... COS I LIKE A BIT A BOVER

hxjohn
udonmap.com

doc

Post by hxjohn » June 8, 2008, 2:46 pm

its doc for me but the least missed poster is yorkman theres no need to say way :roll:
to doc all the best keep up the good work in china

Amida
udonmap.com

Post by Amida » June 8, 2008, 4:32 pm

My mom, but she ain't on the list of choices, lol :D :D :D :D

cookie
udonmap.com

Post by cookie » June 8, 2008, 4:43 pm

I sure miss Doc,
lots of interesting info, local, thai and international; sometimes a little bit over the top,
but hey who's perfect?????
Also miss the pictures and stories from Aussieboy, sure hope he will start building again soon.
I knew Ray was still around the block.... :D
:D :D

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » June 8, 2008, 5:23 pm

Well I don't miss doc at all.I thought he was an azz on the forum!

I do like and read his china letters on oldcodger website.He is very articulate and interesting there!

For you that adore him,he has a forum on his site also!

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » June 8, 2008, 6:57 pm

I shall be signing up to his forum any second now Stan.
I miss him long time :^o
Free the Doug 1

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » June 8, 2008, 9:06 pm

trubrit wrote:
simons wrote:I'm a regular viewer of um.

Ray23 = B**p
Doc has moved to China

I would like to make it clear that although I have met Valentine and his wife Udon Girl I have no connection to either, although I must admit to sharing many of his sentiments.
:^o :^o :^o :^o :roll: :lol: LOL Val

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » June 9, 2008, 12:36 am

Bit OT but have any of you met some shy members. My name guarantees no anonymity. Name+accent = Irish Alan.

Shyguy: "Ah so you are Irish Alan that posts on Udonmap?"

Me: "Yes, who are you?"

Shyguy: "I'm not saying."

And in 1 case:

"Well I have about 5 names on there."

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

And now back to the studio

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”