DOUBLE ENTRY VISA

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
JustanPearson
udonmap.com

DOUBLE ENTRY VISA

Post by JustanPearson » July 25, 2008, 4:02 am

HELLO... Long time since I was here last....

Anyway I'm not understanding this double entry visa ...

Doe's that mean I get 6 months ????

And do I have to leave and entry each month to activate it

or just after the first three months ??

And once 6 months is used up can I do visa run..

I wanted to stay 8 months this time

anyway I SENT OFF FOR double entry visa

It was $70 dollars Canadian

I just wanted to make sure i get 6 months and how to use it

and if i can visa runs up to my 8 months

Justan Pearson

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 25, 2008, 7:53 am

Justan,

What type of visa are you getting?? I know that different Thai embassies in different countries give different types of visa, but I have not heard of a double entry 6 month visa.
There is a double entry tourist visa, but this is 2*60 days, not 2*90 days. There is also a multiple entry non imm O visa, but this is 4*90 days.
You have to physically exit Thailand to activate the next "n" days of these visas - but this can just for minutes if you so wish.
After these visas have finished you can then get up to 3 visa exemption stamps (30 days each) before you must get another visa from an embassy.

JustanPearson
udonmap.com

double visa

Post by JustanPearson » July 25, 2008, 8:04 am

Yes I went to TORONTO CANADA THAI CONSU...

very strange place..... I could not go in the building but had to go across the street and then Get someone to tak eit upstairs to them

It cost $70 dollars

It is called a double entry visa YES it is Tourist visa

I guess it is the one you told me about

so i get 4 months on that ????

AND i can cross boarder to get 3 more so 7 months will be all I can get

Can I renew a double entry visa ?? in Thailand

I have been told I will not have any problems

The Thai Consul... in Toronto give you stamp without reading anything about you.....

SO should be ok... but once in Thailand not sure how to go about this or where to go

someone told me BANGKOK

But I will be in Phuket..... and maybe Udon Thani BACK COUNTy

Anyway Thanks and any info would be cool

JUSTAN :D
Justan Pearson

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » July 25, 2008, 8:16 am

I used to always get a O visa. This was the only one with 90 days on it. As Bob said
you can get a single entry visa or a multiple entry visa which i always got. You can leave and re-enter Thai. as many times as you want, but you must leave every 90 days, the last visa i had i left Thai. and re-entered 8 times. Don't know the costs now but 2 years ago single entry 25GBP Multi 90GBP.
Cheers Doug.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 25, 2008, 8:24 am

Ah Ok I see where the 60/90 day confusion is coming from.
With a tourist visa it is possible to visit Thai immigration as the 60 days end & get a 30 day visa extension. However the last time I tried that at immigration at Nong Khai they wanted to see my return air ticket & the return date on that had to be within the 30 day extension I was requesting!!!!! I have heard that immigration at Bangkok will not ask for the air ticket when granting the 30 day extension.
It is very easy to get a new tourist visa (for another 60 days) at the Thai embassy in Vientiane, but that does require you to stay overnight in Laos.
It should be easy for you to stay the 8 months with the double entry tourist visa. It will just require a bit of running about by you. If you are in Bangkok then the visa extension looks a good way to try, if you are in Udon then a trip to the Thai embassy in Laos would be the way to go.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 25, 2008, 8:26 am

Multi O is up to 100 GBP now Doug - but I have heard (before) that the UK is one of the few places to issue them & some countries will not!!

JustanPearson
udonmap.com

DOUBLE VISA

Post by JustanPearson » July 25, 2008, 8:52 am

Ok Thanks

That's great..... I was thinking i could do that....

When I 'am in Phuket my friend works at tiger mauy thai kick box and they do a tour bus to Burma and i can get it stamped there....

I was just a bit unclear about this visa thingy

anyway thanks alot
Justan Pearson

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » July 25, 2008, 8:56 am

JP, - whilst getting visas does involve "Travel and Transport", I will move this to the more appropriate Visa Forum. ;)

isaanlawyers
udonmap.com

Post by isaanlawyers » July 30, 2008, 2:34 am

Bobhelm, you are forgetting the 2 entries...

A tourist visa with 2 entries can be good for almost 6 months. This is how it works:

1) You enter Thailand and normally get 60 days.
2) You go to an immigration office to extend another 30 days. That's 90.

NOW, you must VERIFY WHEN YOU VISA IS ENDING. It's normally 90 days...

3) So, just before the end of 90 days, you go OUT again of the country, laos, cambodia, and don't have to go at the consulate or embassy. You come back and get ANOTHER 60 days. Just by crossing a border. Because your 2 entries are not completed and your visa is still valid.

4) Then, you extend again another 30 days at the immgration office INSIDE Thailand.

So, 60+30+60+30. Be sure to renew your 60 days by going OUT and IN for your second entry BEFORE your visa expired.

A 2 entry tourist visa is possible in Vientiane. When you apply, just write "Tourist Visa X 2." You will pay 2000 baht I think. This is not possible everywhere but popular in Vientiane now.

Have a look at one here:
http://www.isaanlawyers.com/images/tour ... ntiane.jpg

Look at the 2 entries in red on the left. First entry on 23 June. Visa was done on 13 June 2008. It's good for 90 days (until the 12th September). Look that it's written 2 entries on the visa...So, after the extension of 13 days, this foreigner has to go OUT and IN before the 12th September to get another 60 days. I deleted personal information and passport number for confidentiality.

From Canada, you can often get a non-B or non-O with 2 entries, but rarely or not a one year multiple entries. In that case, it's 90 days at your arrival, out of the country, come back inside, get another 90 days. = 180 days.

Sebastian.

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Post by RALPHCUSENS » July 30, 2008, 8:09 am

Sabastion wrote:

"A 2 entry tourist visa is possible in Vientiane. When you apply, just write "Tourist Visa X 2." You will pay 2000 baht I think. This is not possible everywhere but popular in Vientiane now"

The double entry visa, (Tourist), is NOT now available in Vientane.

On the 22nd July, I met another member of the forum at the Thai Consulate in Vientiane, He was disappointed, as they had just told him that no 2 entry tourist visa now! they offered no explanation just no do now!!

So beware!!

Ralph

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 30, 2008, 8:16 am

No I am not Sebastian. I said quite clearly that Nong Khai will not give you the first 30 day extension after the intial 60 days. All I said in my post still stands :D :D
The only way you could stay 90 days on a double entry tourist visa via Nong Khai would be to enter Thailand with a plane ticket with a return date of 90 days after entry. Activate the 30 day extension at Nong Khai then change your air ticket for a further 90 days. Leave country after the 30 days & activate the next 60 days of the tourist visa - then the extension at Nong Khai when that is expiring.
This seems to me a convoluted way of doing it. It is possible that you would cause some problems for yourself at Nong Khai immigration with your second extension if they were having a bad day. It is also possible that you would not be able to get your exact flight date when you tried to change your air ticket.

isaanlawyers
udonmap.com

Post by isaanlawyers » July 30, 2008, 10:43 am

Guys

1) Raphcusens: This is AN EXAMPLE of 2 entry tourist visa and it was done in Vientiane on June 13 2003. This guy is a friend of mine, from Norway. That's about ONE MONTH and a HALF AGO. If since then, like you said and it's possible, they stopped, I don't know. They also have a LARGE DISCRETION to refuse, for their own reasons...They always changed the rules, but that was about ONE MONTH AGO! That's why I hate visas...I also wrote that it is NOT possible everywhere...meaning the law of Thailand are the same but for reasons beyond our controls, they don't apply them everywhere the same and can change whenever they want...

And when I wrote to the Thai embassy in Vientiane, it takes weeks before they reply WHEN they reply. However, you should call them to double check and ask the person who you are talking to.

2) Bobhelm: I am not saying that the 30 days extension is possible in Nong Khai without a return ticket. Read again. I am saying that IT IS POSSIBLE. There are other places to do your 30 days... And even if you don't want to do your 30 days extension, you still go out and get another 60 days... which is 60+60 = 120. You wrote that you can do easily another tourist visa at the "Thai embassy"... You don't need it because you have 2 entry!!!! You just need to cross the border and come back. That's the difference between a one and two entry. So, your post DOESN'T STAND! I am no expert too. but A) Extension can be done somewhere else without a return ticket B) Don't need to go to embassy to get another 60 days.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/30-Day-Ex ... 01873.html

I heard that Nong Khai is also always changing the rules...
What about Mukdagan? Kap Cheang, Korat? :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 30, 2008, 11:05 am

BobHelm wrote:Ah Ok I see where the 60/90 day confusion is coming from.
With a tourist visa it is possible to visit Thai immigration as the 60 days end & get a 30 day visa extension. However the last time I tried that at immigration at Nong Khai they wanted to see my return air ticket & the return date on that had to be within the 30 day extension I was requesting!!!!! I have heard that immigration at Bangkok will not ask for the air ticket when granting the 30 day extension.
It is very easy to get a new tourist visa (for another 60 days) at the Thai embassy in Vientiane, but that does require you to stay overnight in Laos.
It should be easy for you to stay the 8 months with the double entry tourist visa. It will just require a bit of running about by you. If you are in Bangkok then the visa extension looks a good way to try, if you are in Udon then a trip to the Thai embassy in Laos would be the way to go.
Sebastian I do not want to get into a war of words with you about this but I still cannot see anything in my post that is incorrect in replying to the original posters request for help. He wants to stay 8 months on a double entry tourist visa. This is clearly impossible if he goes to Nong Khai immigration, but probably if he goes to Bangkok immigration (as I clearly say). How he manages his 8 months depends on if he is staying in Bangkok or Udon - I gave him an alternative course of action (not the only one available) if he is in Udon & doesn't want to make a Bangkok trip.

mike-maulicino
udonmap.com

Post by mike-maulicino » July 30, 2008, 11:10 am

90 day o visa is 2000baht and the multiple o visa is 5000 baht was there yesterday
you can get these visa,s same day but costs an extra 3500 baht,its cheaper to stay in loas for the extra day,ie 600 baht for aircon room in centre of vientiane,
hope that helps

isaanlawyers
udonmap.com

Post by isaanlawyers » July 30, 2008, 11:52 am

I do not want to enter in a war of words too! :D

First, I didn't see that he wanted 8 months. Sorry. Yes, impossible with HIS visa now. But I saw that he did have a tourist visa with 2 entry and was asking if it was good for 6 months. Answer is yes, depending where he goes, etc.

What Douglas was saying, about Non-O multiple entry, is impossible to get in Canada. (one year, multiple entry).

But I read from you :
There is a double entry tourist visa, but this is 2*60 days, not 2*90 days.
With extension of 30 days, could be 60+30+60+30 (more or less). So, it was for 6 months, done at the right places! :D

Yes, he could do another tourist visa like you said, OR 2 border runs.. Or maybe a 3 months non-O. I believe we are lacking of infos to know if he could get a 3 months non-O in Vientiane. Is he married to a Thai, over 50 y-o?

He also said that he will be in Phuket...So, the immigration in Nong Khai for extension...that can be somewhere else....

I am really surprised that they stopped the tourist 2 entry in Vientiane this month...as a friend did it last month. TIT.

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Re: DOUBLE ENTRY VISA

Post by bigwavedave » September 1, 2008, 8:56 pm

Does anyone kow if they are still doing multi entry visa"s in Laos???

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 1, 2008, 9:26 pm

I gather not Dave. It was said (in a thread on here that I can't find now :( ) that they are no longer doing double entry tourist in Laos. Personally I don't know, but the information given was by the posters personal experience while in the Embassy & seemed genuine.

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Re:

Post by bigwavedave » September 2, 2008, 2:23 pm

mike-maulicino wrote:90 day o visa is 2000baht and the multiple o visa is 5000 baht was there yesterday
you can get these visa,s same day but costs an extra 3500 baht,its cheaper to stay in loas for the extra day,ie 600 baht for aircon room in centre of vientiane,
hope that helps
Thanks Bob that was Ralph and he went on 13 July, above mike went on July 30, just wondering f its still available???

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 2, 2008, 2:29 pm

Mikes was an 'o' visa Dave (which I think there are some restrictions on - marriage? retirement?), I think Ralph was talking about the tourist visa - which is just a turn up & pay the cash... :D
Agree it would be very interesting to find out exactly what is available from them at the moment.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 21, 2008, 10:26 am

Despite reports to the contrary, the double entry (2*60 days) tourist visa is still available from Vientiane for a fee of 2,000 baht. A friend of mine went & got one last week.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”