House Project coming along nicely!

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Dakoda
udonmap.com

House Project coming along nicely!

Post by Dakoda » March 10, 2006, 5:27 pm

Sorry, can't find post on "how to" post picture, but this link seems to work!

TheHouseisHere

Everything looking fine, roof up, starting on the walls - just a little worried about the door and head room :? . Hope Jogi, doesn't forget the window :!: :wink:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 10, 2006, 11:08 pm

just click on "add image to post" in blue just underneath the box you are writing in . (post reply box) :wink:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » March 10, 2006, 11:45 pm

ahhhhh - So this is before

and this is now

thanks BM - I hope everyone is taking this serious, because I hope to avoid problems. I mean, I did hire the professionals, they even showed up with a tripod, to ck the levels :!:

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » March 11, 2006, 1:52 am

LOL Dakoda!!

Yeah it looks like a real pro job

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » March 11, 2006, 2:48 am

Mr. Dakoda, I like your house. How will the air conditioning be installed? Window or central air? :lol:

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » March 11, 2006, 5:48 am

Does the floorplan include a bathroom, Dakoda? Doesn't seem to be much privacy there. And will there be a swimming pool or is the klong it? Hope you post your contractor's name in here when he's finished. Looking good so far. :lol:

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » March 11, 2006, 8:16 am

Ok, the after pic is more of an example of zoneing laws. Its being built across the way from the play ground and the picture is from my front porch, some of you locals must have seen it.

But this idea is after going to a wedding and then stopping by my real site. (yes, the before picture was on the site). After seeing what the professionals were up to, I decided to finish off what was started at the wedding. I know some 3 year olds that could have done a better job. Or the man in the picture with a little direction. The only time I was impressed by the so called professionals was the first day, when they showed up with a tripod, to set the levels, but that was short lived! And to think I went with the higher esitmate :cry:

Dakoda
udonmap.com

finishing touches

Post by Dakoda » March 19, 2006, 7:53 pm

Updated Photo

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 19, 2006, 8:57 pm

" Home sweet Home " :wink:

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » March 20, 2006, 10:07 am

Well on the real house, they poured the wall footings yesterday. Finally got everything to my liken (still a lot I don't understand the reason for, and when explained, the less I know).

Had a reprieve the day before, it rained! They had promised to finish the water platform, sometimes it just too hard to believe them, so I was happy for the rain. So, it gave them time to finish it, and it finally looked like the pictures!

Now I know nothing about concrete, but last night it poured and today looks like rain off & on. Sounds like Buddha is watching over this construction. This should also give me a chance to see any flooding problems on the land. We must have gotten atleast 2" of rain last night. If you have not heard, the prediction because of warmer ocean temps, is a lot of flooding in Thailand because of heavier rain and a longer rainy seasom. 8)

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » March 20, 2006, 12:49 pm

Built my place in the rainy season and it's still here after seven years so no need to worry if things are submerged for a while. :)

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » March 20, 2006, 2:32 pm

Don't think I am worrying about that, but planing on putting some drainage piping in, and drain out the perimeter wall. Looked today and everything looks ok. That said, I think a lot of the building around here is "Over Kill" Across the soi, they filled and now have a completed house (not the picture) and it looks nice, total cost 400,000 baht for house construction. The wood floors come from your area, and I got their # (well TW has it in her phone, trouble is to find it when wanted)! Now the people that did my perimeter wall, had a lot of commits about it, mostly ending with "no good"! We shall see, I told them before they ad the "no good", maybe they should wait a year, atleast thats what I will do!

Return to “House & Land”