Did my 90 day today sad sight to see

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
bumper
udonmap.com

Did my 90 day today sad sight to see

Post by bumper » February 10, 2009, 3:30 pm

90 day no big deal. But, there were a lot of farrangs there trying to renew their annuals that didn't have the money to qualify.

How they are going to work through this I don't know. Remember if yuor own a single visa and you are married the marrried Visa is 50% less.

Now I'm goign to sit down and keep my feet off the seats

trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: Did my 90 day today sad sight to see

Post by trubrit » February 10, 2009, 3:38 pm

git wrote:90 day no big deal. But, there were a lot of farrangs there trying to renew their annuals that didn't have the money to qualify.

How they are going to work through this I don't know. Remember if yuor own a single visa and you are married the marrried Visa is 50% less.

Yes saw this last time I was up there, even some on marriage visa. So I guess there are hard times all round.
They seem to be helpful, ie; To one guy, suggested borrowing money from bank on short term loan, but they certainly ain't bending the requirements.A neighbour of mine borrowed 300k , paid it back 10 days later. Cost him 20k, but as he said. What else could I do?

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 10, 2009, 3:50 pm

I guess one other thougth marriage visa you qaulify with 40 k a month, it doesn b to be 400K but yuo have to copy the bank book adn how the dp eposits monthy.

I don't have 800K never have and I do it on an income of 65K a month. In my case I am required to prove the money comes from outside he Kingdom wjhich it does not a real problem. I've don it this way fo six years now. Takes a bit moer paper work but it can be dine, But dontl wait till visa renewal time to make the adjustment in applying. It's to late when standing in fromnnt of them. I ahd icx month track r4ecord befoer applying in this manner.

If yuo got to make adjustments then get things in line now, Don't wait till the last minute.

Another idea might be to switch to a education visa, we all need to learn Thai anyway. Go to class.

I'm not telling anyone what to do I'm not a lawyer or an immigration official. I'm just saying if you have a problem prepare for it, dont wait until the last minuete and want them to feel sorry for you. You may be very disappointed.

I'm goign back to my seat now.

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by Nick@AUA » February 10, 2009, 4:04 pm

git wrote:90 day no big deal. But, there were a lot of farrangs there trying to renew their annuals that didn't have the money to qualify.

Were they renewing retirement or marriage visas?

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 10, 2009, 4:28 pm

Sorry I don't know. Wasn't a good time for question answer for them so I didn't ask.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 10, 2009, 4:34 pm

Git, if you are going to do a job then PLEASE do it properly :lol:

Clipboard and pencil can, I am sure, be borrowed from Udonmap office.

Don't forget ...... the first question has to be .......Where you flom? :roll:

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 10, 2009, 5:48 pm

Okay I will go sit in my seat and keep my feet down :oops:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 23, 2009, 9:44 am

Did a 90 day report this morning!Smooth as silk!Got there before 0800 and even though the office is not officially open until 0830,the squad leader lady came in about 0800,she smiled ,said hello,saw my paper and passport in my hand and waved me forward,stamp stamp,litle wriing,stapled into my passport and a thank you!I waied her with a smile and was back home at 0820!

Although they have expanded the room,making it very spacious.I noticed there were no posting in English anywhere.Which seemed very strange to me!They used to have requirements ,rules and charges posted in English! :D

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 23, 2009, 11:06 am

A wise move to go early Stan. I called in about 10.30 to collect an address notification form and all seats were full, it looked like a long slow haul for those waiting. :oops: I'll take my form back mid week and nice and early! :D

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » February 23, 2009, 7:41 pm

Send in my 90 day report today from a post office in Udon. Only had to wait in line a minute or two, got a 10 baht stamp for the return envelope, and put it in the larger envelope with the rest of the stuff and sent it via EMS to Soi Suanpluu. Only 42 Baht total, and I was on my way.

I cannot recommend this procedure too highly for those who do not live near an immigration office, or don't especially enjoy waiting in one.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 23, 2009, 8:10 pm

rickfarang wrote:Send in my 90 day report today from a post office in Udon. Only had to wait in line a minute or two, got a 10 baht stamp for the return envelope, and put it in the larger envelope with the rest of the stuff and sent it via EMS to Soi Suanpluu. Only 42 Baht total, and I was on my way.

I cannot recommend this procedure too highly for those who do not live near an immigration office, or don't especially enjoy waiting in one.
But Rick,Did you NOT read the NEW Rules,Last week on here,YOU have to report to the NEAREST immigration Office in relation to where you live,Now !! But Good Luck,Anyway !!

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » February 24, 2009, 1:13 pm

Yes, I did read the "new rules", though what was presented was hearsay. Not that I doubt that the "Use your assigned Immigration office" rule is being newly enforced, but did you see a document from the Thai government stating this (And I don't mean the translated list of offices and their service areas.)?

I have complied with the written instructions from Immigration in Bangkok to send certain documents to them, and I have the EMS receipt to show that it was sent in time. (These same instructions are on the Immigration Burea website for those interested.) I expect a response in about two weeks. If there are any surprises, I will post here.

My point in the earlier post is that one can report by mail instead of going to an immigration office in person. Much more practical for many, I would imagine.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » February 24, 2009, 1:25 pm

to add to that, i would NOT mail your 90 day to NK, if that is your local office. i asked last week if they started accepting 90 day mail ins, and she said everything but a firm NO. as in, i would not, post office not good, better to come in, you don't want to be late, can not guarantee will get and process in time........ok ok, i can take a hint............you don't do mail ins.

i will also be doing the bkk mail in if not elsewhere and can do at local office. so please do post if bkk rejects, though i would doubt it.

fremmel
udonmap.com

Post by fremmel » February 28, 2009, 8:33 am

Good news. BKK is still doing 90 notifications by mail for people in other districts. I just got mine back. It was postmarked Feb 24 so it was sent well after the Feb 15th cutoff date. They included a new TM 47 for next time as well as the usual list of what to send in when you're doing it by mail and the address in BKK to send it to. So it looks like they plan on continuing to do it.

Shipm8te

Post by Shipm8te » June 8, 2009, 12:06 pm

I recently made a trip out of Thailand and returned on 13 Mar 2009. As my 90 day reporting was set at 28 Apr 2009 on my old TM 47 the wife called Immigration and was infomred that the new reporting date was 10 June 2009, 90 days from arrival back in country.

On 4 Jun 2009 I mailed in my TM 47 reporing my address. This document, the entry stamp in my passport and the Departure card (copies of which were provided) all stated I arrived back in Thailand on 13 MAR 2009.

In short order of only 5 days, 2 of which were over the week-end, I had my copy back indicating that I must report again on 2 Sep 09. But they had also written in Thai that I was late in my reporting having should have done so back in Apr but that they were going to waiver the 2000 baht late filing fee on this one occasion.

I really don't believe I was late, but I do greatly apprecaite them being considerate and approving my TM 47 and not requiring me to travel all the way to Nong Khai and pay a 2000 baht fee on top of that.

GOOD JOB NONG KHIA IMMIGRATION IF YOU ARE WATCHING/LISTENING.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 8, 2009, 1:01 pm

Seems like they were going by the date on your T-47 stub. Just a thought.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 8, 2009, 2:33 pm

Shipm8te wrote:I recently made a trip out of Thailand and returned on 13 Mar 2009. As my 90 day reporting was set at 28 Apr 2009 on my old TM 47 the wife called Immigration and was infomred that the new reporting date was 10 June 2009, 90 days from arrival back in country.

On 4 Jun 2009 I mailed in my TM 47 reporing my address. This document, the entry stamp in my passport and the Departure card (copies of which were provided) all stated I arrived back in Thailand on 13 MAR 2009.

In short order of only 5 days, 2 of which were over the week-end, I had my copy back indicating that I must report again on 2 Sep 09. But they had also written in Thai that I was late in my reporting having should have done so back in Apr but that they were going to waiver the 2000 baht late filing fee on this one occasion.

I really don't believe I was late, but I do greatly apprecaite them being considerate and approving my TM 47 and not requiring me to travel all the way to Nong Khai and pay a 2000 baht fee on top of that.

GOOD JOB NONG KHIA IMMIGRATION IF YOU ARE WATCHING/LISTENING.
Despite the fact they may be turning into nice people, they are still getting their own legislation wrong ](*,)

Shipm8te

Post by Shipm8te » June 8, 2009, 5:27 pm

RLTrader wrote:Seems like they were going by the date on your T-47 stub. Just a thought.
I'm sure that's it because they highlighted it in yellow and returned a copy to me. Did not bother to look at the date on the other three documents.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”