Personal ''diet program''

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Personal ''diet program''

Post by BKKSTAN » May 7, 2009, 10:00 pm

Since Mortiboy asked and because I am proud of my actions,I will share my strivings at fitness and weight loss!
I have always done gym workouts the last 30 years until a couple of years ago when our NK gym closed and I allowed complacency to set in!

I have always been a 100+Kilo person,not a big drinker,but I have a fondness for sweets and food in general.One of those people that goes to the frig during commercials on TV :lol:

I have always had a major problem with my lower back,which has only been aggravated to an unlivable state when attempting to strengthen the back and stomach muscles with targeted exercises suggested and facilitated by all types of professionals.Actually experienced a complete lack of ''sublaxations'' and intense pain with the expansion of my waist(weird,I know,but true! :lol: )!

I also suffer from extreme flat feet!So flat ,that when I was being discharged from the military,the doctor was surprised that I was accepted in the first place ](*,)

Anyway,when the gym closed and the others didn't open until late afternoon(I have always been a 0600 workout person),I gained 20 Kilos!At 125K,I was finding my life cycle was winding down to a lot of laying around and alot of moaning and groaning(self pity/depression)about getting old and feeling like ----!

Luckily,I still am an early riser and my wife jogs for an hour most every morning!

As my 70th birthday approached(Feb. 15),I decided enough was enough and I was going to give a good effort at ''feeling better''by paying attention to my eating habits and losing weight through rigorous exercise!

I have to give a plug for the TV show ''The Biggest Loser''!Watching it regularly helps motivate me and helps sustain my interest in ''striving''toward goals! =D> =D> =D>

Anyway,I started power walking and jogging for 1 hour every morning and power bicycling for 15-20 minutes total in smaller sets that breakup up the hour of jogging/walking to relieve the foot pain!

I started eating foods w/o sugar,very very lean meats,minimum oil and fats cooking in smaller portions 5-6 meals a day instead of 3 large meals with constant snacking all day and night.Absolutely no alcohol or soda drinks.Increased my food dishes with broccoli ,green peas and other vegetables

I found a store that sells Heinz apple vinegar cider and I keep bottles of water in the frig with a mixture of ACV,approx,2 tbsp per 8 0z mixture,that I drink at multiple times during the day,especially the TV snack times :lol:,It was ghastly to drink at first,now I have acquired a taste for it and enjoy it! :lol: I also drink alot of water all day long!

As my energy climbed, and at about the time I had lost 5 Kilos,I joined an afternoon gym and increased my workout time to 1 hour 15 min on the Rimkong in the morning and 1 hour cardio(treadmill/bicycle) and 20-30 minutes of weights in the late afternoon.

The extra meals keeps my energy level up in order to workout and is hopefully changing my metabolism in order to make it easier to sustain a lower weight.

I have reached my ''lowest ''goal of 15 kilo loss since my birthday and would be satisfied to stay at this weight,but I am going to continue the process until I see a plateauing effect because the lighter Iam,the better my feet feel and I feel more energy to ''do things''! :lol:

My biggest ''problem''is ,do I have a beer or not at the NM Saturday! :lol: :lol: I almost had one at the fish resturant yesterday,the idea of rewarding myself popped into my head,but I passed with the thinking,''if I really want to reward myself,why make it harder to acheive future goals by losing the momentum I have built up''! ](*,)

Seeing the small progressions of weight loss on the scale daily is also very motivating,the days where I didn't lose or showed a little weight gain can attack the mental aspects of the process,so I will determine at the moment whether to take a night off Sat.,knowing that It will take a few days to get the loss ''momentum'' back on track!

See you all there :lol:

dbriggins
udonmap.com

Re: Personal ''diet program''

Post by dbriggins » May 8, 2009, 2:38 am

Bravo! I'm curious about the vinegar, though...

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » May 8, 2009, 4:57 am

Stan, great job!

If you don't reward yourself now and then, you'll sooner or later, binge on something you enjoy. Treat yourself occasionally and keep up the new lifestyle! :D

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 8, 2009, 5:37 am

Well done Stan. You obviously have far greater willpower than many of us (including myself), although I am still a fair way short of 125kg :D

ps you must be the first yank I have seen who uses "kg" instead of "lbs". Congrats on that too :lol:

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » May 8, 2009, 7:24 am

Good luck with it Stan. Keep it up this time though. The diet I mean. :lol:Although if you can't ,I notice the wooden seats at the NM have ben replaced by concrete ones. :lol:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 8, 2009, 8:27 am

dbriggins wrote:Bravo! I'm curious about the vinegar, though...
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html

http://www.healthrecipes.com/apple_cider_vinegar.htm
Apple cider vinegar and weight loss

It helps to detoxify the liver which plays an important role in weight loss. There are historical facts that Egyptians took apple cider vinegar for weight loss. Some claim ACV speeds up the metabolism while some claim it burns the calories to reduce appetite. To lose weight just take 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, mixed in water, before every meal.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » May 8, 2009, 9:48 am

STAN! I dare you to view Post!"It's coming soon!" [-X

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 8, 2009, 10:43 am

good for you stan , your a better man than me , my temptation resistance is on a par with oscar wildes !!! so is that why your carrying a load of books to the N M , incase we dont recognise the new you ??? seriously , the part about lying around all day and a bit of self pitty , with the diet and excercise youve given yourself a focus , its very healthy for the feel good factor , to set yourself certain achievable goals , and achieve them .

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 8, 2009, 1:52 pm

mortiboy wrote:STAN! I dare you to view Post!"It's coming soon!" [-X
Mai cow jai,Morti!?????

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » May 8, 2009, 2:00 pm

good luck Stan I admire you now if I can only get off my lazy azz I would do the same with out the apple cider vinegar LOL

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » May 8, 2009, 2:15 pm

BKKSTAN wrote:It helps to detoxify the liver which plays an important role in weight loss. There are historical facts that Egyptians took apple cider vinegar for weight loss. Some claim ACV speeds up the metabolism while some claim it burns the calories to reduce appetite. To lose weight just take 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, mixed in water, before every meal.
2 tsp? I thought it was an ounce. I've been doing shots, neat no water twice a day.

Anyway, outstanding job Stan. You probably have to go shopping for new clothes now :) .

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 29, 2009, 10:31 am

First 100 days,I have reached my goal of losing 40 lbs.,I have now lost 42 lbs.,19.2 kilos!Plan on pushing ahead to try and break the barrier of 100 kilos that I have not been able to crack for 40 years!

That last 7 kilos has taken a lot longer than the first 12 kilos,so if I can shed another 7 in a few months,I will be very happy!

Rito,I don't buy many clothes for myself,nor do I throw out old ones,so now I can wear some of the old old clothes that have been hanging around :lol: :lol:

I still have more girth than I had at this weight before,so my trousers still are to tight :lol:

steveway2
udonmap.com

Post by steveway2 » May 29, 2009, 12:19 pm

My grandmother started every day with a 2 glasses of boiled water (let cool) with a couple of drops of vinegar and lemon juice.

She told me her mother passed this to her - so seems this "cure" has been around a while. Grandmother lived well into her 80's.

I have been told to avoid any fizzy drinks - bad all round.

Stan - if you have flat feet - try swimming (with a paddle board) - good exercise and helps strengthen back.

Bertie_Wooster
udonmap.com

Post by Bertie_Wooster » May 29, 2009, 12:49 pm

Yep, I need to join this dieting crowd as I am feeling chubby... :(

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » May 29, 2009, 1:11 pm

BKKSTAN wrote:First 100 days,I have reached my goal of losing 40 lbs.,I have now lost 42 lbs.,19.2 kilos!Plan on pushing ahead to try and break the barrier of 100 kilos that I have not been able to crack for 40 years!

That last 7 kilos has taken a lot longer than the first 12 kilos,so if I can shed another 7 in a few months,I will be very happy!

Rito,I don't buy many clothes for myself,nor do I throw out old ones,so now I can wear some of the old old clothes that have been hanging around :lol: :lol:

I still have more girth than I had at this weight before,so my trousers still are to tight :lol:
Awesome Stan =D>

LoongLee
udonmap.com

Post by LoongLee » May 29, 2009, 7:25 pm

Wow,Stan!,,, I'm impressed,,,,, I would give anything to lose 40 lbs.. =D> Apple cider vinegar before every meal? That's amazing. I'm curious,,,What do you think made the biggest impact, changing your diet (sugar,etc) or the ACV? Keep up the good work. LL

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » May 29, 2009, 7:32 pm

LL did you ever taste A/C/V it will make you stand on your toes and keep you there for about 5 minutes
I tried that about 10 years a go I put honey and lemon in it still tasted terrible but I give Stan a ton of credit he doing it and sticking with it GOD bless you Stan

LoongLee
udonmap.com

Post by LoongLee » May 29, 2009, 7:45 pm

Yeah, I know Aznyron,,,,,,, I don't know how anyone can drink it, much less with every meal. I used to work with this guy that would drink a cup, straight, every day at the office,,,,,,, :censored: I would almost (only almost ) prefer to keep my fat,,,,, :lol:

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » May 29, 2009, 7:55 pm

Actually I like it and even got the wife started on it. I could stand to lose a few pounds too, but I also take it for my HBP and reflux. I use 1 tbs of Bragg ACV, 1 tbs of raw honey and 8oz if chilled water. It goes down like lemonade :D

LoongLee
udonmap.com

Post by LoongLee » May 29, 2009, 8:08 pm

PapaG,,,, How many times a day? Has it helped?

Return to “Health & Beauty”