tattoos

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
old-timer
udonmap.com

tattoos

Post by old-timer » May 25, 2009, 5:23 pm

who's got them?

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Re: tattoos

Post by Aardvark » May 25, 2009, 6:02 pm

Me, but if I had my time over again I wouldn't do it.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » May 25, 2009, 6:11 pm

Me? None at all. Wouldn;t even think about it. When I see the old grandads walking around in their shorts and vests just to display their misplaced manhood, normally tattooed on what used to be muscles but now just flab and fat extended stomachs I often wonder. Have they ever really looked in the mirror?
As for tats on women, its difficult to comment without being extremely rude but the phrase i see quite often sums it up for me. Tart Tats. :roll:

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » May 25, 2009, 6:45 pm

I managed 22 years in the US Navy followed by 20 years in the Philippines without getting a tattoo. Then I went to the US and back to work and when I quit working I decided to celebrate with my (now well known) tattoo. Since I can't see it without help, it doesn't bother me. It's NOT on a sagging muscle or on a bulging stomach so I'm not sure if Trubrit would approve but then, thinking it over, he disapproved me wearing short pants to the NM meetings so I guess I know my answer. :-"

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 25, 2009, 7:01 pm

I don't have any tatoos, although my 21 years plus in the military did a times have me thinking about getting one. Tatoos today seem to reflect the narcissism in society.. From the smaller tatoos of the older generations to the full body and "sleeve" tatoos of today, most "body art" that I see screams "look at me"..

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » May 25, 2009, 7:07 pm

trubrit wrote:Me? None at all. Wouldn;t even think about it. When I see the old grandads walking around in their shorts and vests just to display their misplaced manhood, normally tattooed on what used to be muscles but now just flab and fat extended stomachs I often wonder. Have they ever really looked in the mirror?
As for tats on women, its difficult to comment without being extremely rude but the phrase i see quite often sums it up for me. Tart Tats. :roll:
you see, trubrit, some things stick for a life time, other things are what you willingly put on every morning, and believe me, people laugh.......... \:D/ ..................... :wave:

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » May 25, 2009, 7:22 pm

yes i am 66yrs old was in navy got tatoo;s when young. have regretted ever since. people look at u and judge u the world over. :D :D

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » May 25, 2009, 7:41 pm

i know of a person I see odd times.He is covered in Tattoos.even on his forehead.He gets a kick out of these tatoos.God knows why.
I said to him,...as a joke " Do you have tattoo on yout man hood?....To my surprise, he dropped his trousers revealing a tattoo the whole length of it! :yikes:

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » May 25, 2009, 7:47 pm

Pakawala wrote:I managed 22 years in the US Navy followed by 20 years in the Philippines without getting a tattoo. Then I went to the US and back to work and when I quit working I decided to celebrate with my (now well known) tattoo. Since I can't see it without help, it doesn't bother me. It's NOT on a sagging muscle or on a bulging stomach so I'm not sure if Trubrit would approve but then, thinking it over, he disapproved me wearing short pants to the NM meetings so I guess I know my answer. :-"
Paka. I must ask . Why did you decide to place a tattoo on the back of your bald pallet.? To draw attention to your lack of hair or what? It has puzzled me. As for my disapproving of you wearing shorts. When ever have I said that? You wear what you choose . If others think it shows a certain lack of taste, never mind, don't worry, as long as you are happy. As for Old Timer. What I put on every morning to make others laugh? Now what could that be? Underpants? Perhaps you don't wear any!Socks? well I am English you know.Wouldn't be seen without them. After shave? well it is Estee Lauder costing 3,000bht a time. I don't think thats laughable. :lol:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 25, 2009, 7:49 pm

I am one of those people that said I would never get a tatoo,but at 17,in the navy on hotel street in Honolulu,it happened! :lol: Before the evening was finished,I had got into a fight and wound up in the Pearl harbor brig with a sargent screaming at me to stare at a fire alarm box on the wall while questioning me.
Asked me if I had any tatoos,I repied ''nope'',he whacked with his baton and pointed to the skunk tatoo on my arm which I had gotten earlier,not even realizing it as I had gotten drunk with a crew of guys from my ship that had all gotten tatoos!
I have always been grateful that it is small and on my upper arm!

LoongLee
udonmap.com

Post by LoongLee » May 25, 2009, 8:49 pm

BKKSTAN,,,,great story! Ah yes,,,,, Hotel street in Honolulu,,,,, cleaned up somewhat from the old days but still pretty rowdy, from what I hear. :D

Regarding tattoos,,, the funniest (or saddest depending on your situation) to me are the ones guys have of their old girlfriends or wives and are no longer "attached" to. That is the same as walking around saying "kick me, I'm stupid".

Oh,,, and no I don't have any. I managed to serve 27 years in the "Blue Zoo" and didn't succumb. They were never a big thing in the Zoo until very recently because of their presence in mainstream society. I think the US military is cracking down somewhat now.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » May 25, 2009, 9:45 pm

trubrit wrote:
Pakawala wrote:I managed 22 years in the US Navy followed by 20 years in the Philippines without getting a tattoo. Then I went to the US and back to work and when I quit working I decided to celebrate with my (now well known) tattoo. Since I can't see it without help, it doesn't bother me. It's NOT on a sagging muscle or on a bulging stomach so I'm not sure if Trubrit would approve but then, thinking it over, he disapproved me wearing short pants to the NM meetings so I guess I know my answer. :-"
Paka. I must ask . Why did you decide to place a tattoo on the back of your bald pallet.? To draw attention to your lack of hair or what? It has puzzled me. As for my disapproving of you wearing shorts. When ever have I said that? You wear what you choose . If others think it shows a certain lack of taste, never mind, don't worry, as long as you are happy. As for Old Timer. What I put on every morning to make others laugh? Now what could that be? Underpants? Perhaps you don't wear any!Socks? well I am English you know.Wouldn't be seen without them. After shave? well it is Estee Lauder costing 3,000bht a time. I don't think thats laughable. :lol:
you are the man

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 25, 2009, 11:17 pm

Me, nope none!

izzix
udonmap.com

Post by izzix » May 25, 2009, 11:35 pm

none here , i feel sorry for all the BGs and FLs when they get too old to work on the game and head back home with tattoos of long forgotten boyfriends and hideous designs that look out of place .It wont look good at 60 and 70s years ...in isaan ....

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » May 25, 2009, 11:46 pm

me, i love them, and so does my wife....................... \:D/

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » May 26, 2009, 5:41 am

I have two, no regrets. My wife also has two, I guess that makes her a Thai Tart by Val's standards :roll: It's a good thing she don't smoke and swear then she would be labeled a BG.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » May 26, 2009, 6:24 am

Was tempted once but lucky none as the farang have met over the years have always said they regretted doing it.
I am afraid I am in Val's camp as regards to tattoos on the Thai women,over the years living here and in total, have never come across one Thai lady with tattoos who did not work in a bar.TW also draws to the conclusion that if she sees a Thai lady with a tattoo she has been a working girl at some stage in her life,a clear signal to the local thais apart from their Thai boyfriend that they are only serviced by farang. :D
But there is always an exception to any rule :D LOL

Tattoos around the ankles seems to becoming a favourite with farang these days and to show them off they have to go around with trousers that have argued with their shoes,I call them the 3/4's joke trousers.Stick to the arms and sleeveless T shirts please.LOL :D

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » May 26, 2009, 6:47 am

When I was a young ''player'',I was mesmerized by a particular cocktail waitress in a night club I frequented.Finally I ''scored'' with the gorgeous voluptious person to find that she had tits hard as baseballs from Implants and a tattoo of a fox chasing a rabbit into her belly button.

Told me her husband,a higher up member in the Hells Angels gang of criminals and in prison at the time for attempted murder,''insisted'' that she get both done.She told me that he had a tattoo of a spider in a spider web tattooed on the head of his penis.

That was the final ''straw'',I ''shriveled up'' and left! :lol:

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » May 26, 2009, 7:23 am

Nope, not for me and I cannot recall any occasion when I thought a tattoo was attractive, on male or female, or improved someone's look. Many tattoos are making a statement, which MAY be viewed negatively by others and can be regretted as one's age increases, or circumstances change. Depending on the job, some employers won't have them.
David Beckham and Posh have some. Yeah, well ...... :roll:

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » May 26, 2009, 7:44 am

One girl I knew in Khon Kaen had a huge one that virtually covered her whole upper arm. She is off now to work in Germany with her new b/f and she regrets the day she had it done and she is only 26. She wears shirts to cover it up. She wants to have it surgically removed.

Nothing worse than those old geezers 65+ walking around in a vest and shorts that cannot even wear a proper shirt with tattoos. They just look pure fukken stupid!

Return to “Open Forum”