Proof of Address

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
bumper
udonmap.com

Re: Proof of Address

Post by bumper » June 16, 2009, 9:18 pm

Yep and they like blue ink as well. I knew you would find a way to get the hair off the Kitty.

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » June 17, 2009, 10:01 am

Don't know if you thought of it, but the copies may also have to be signed by the owner. Every transaction I've completed in Thailand which copies were requested had to include my signature.
Good Point, I will pass that on

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » June 17, 2009, 10:03 am

trubrit wrote:You can of course always notify your friendly local policeman. that is acceptable. :lol:
What do you mean? Like get the address ratified by the local Police??
Any help appreciated!!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 17, 2009, 11:05 am

Tafia wrote:
trubrit wrote:You can of course always notify your friendly local policeman. that is acceptable. :lol:
What do you mean? Like get the address ratified by the local Police??
Any help appreciated!!
Download or pick up the notification of having a foreigner staying. from immigration. I doubt the police station will have it. Get the house owner, or the lead name on the blue book to complete it. Take it to your local office of the police. They will sign and stamp it. Job done, no charge. Keep it with you when you next have business in Immigration.
A word of warning though. It should be done within 24 hours of you first residing at that address or the house owner, not you, is liable to a fine.So get your story ready. :lol:

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » June 17, 2009, 4:21 pm

The only thing I could possibly tell them is that the owner doesn't live in Thailand and that obviously caused the delay.
My last two 90days each reported this address, yet Imm suggesested I use my GF address when we applied for a driving licence, which we did.
Are records kept of the 90days? or should I try and get this form to corrospond with my next 90days?
Im trying to do this by the law but my hands seem tied by other peoples responsibilities.
Maybe its easier to wait for the owner to send copies of the house book and id card??? and in the meantime I can write to Imm asking for guidance should the copies not be available. ......any thoughts??
This situation must affect a number of renters???

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 17, 2009, 6:31 pm

Tafia I always do what immigration tells me to do.

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » June 18, 2009, 8:05 pm

and that will be my way to, thanks Git.
Taff

Shipm8te

Post by Shipm8te » June 30, 2009, 2:45 pm

I would like to know if any recent "retirement visa holders" annual renewals in Nong Khai have had to provide any document for proof of address. This will be my sixth renewal but the first in Nong Khai and from this thread I assume that they sometimes ask for something.

If so what were you asked to provide?

I have attempted to call the Nong Khai Immigration for two days now and only get an engaged/busy signal.

I live in the far end of Khon Kaen so hate to make a long trip up only to be turned around.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » June 30, 2009, 3:55 pm

Just take your Yellow book with you.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » June 30, 2009, 5:47 pm

Shipm8te wrote:I would like to know if any recent "retirement visa holders" annual renewals in Nong Khai have had to provide any document for proof of address. This will be my sixth renewal but the first in Nong Khai and from this thread I assume that they sometimes ask for something.

If so what were you asked to provide?

I have attempted to call the Nong Khai Immigration for two days now and only get an engaged/busy signal.

I live in the far end of Khon Kaen so hate to make a long trip up only to be turned around.
If you rent,bring a copy of your landlords housebook and a copy of his picture ID,both signed and dated by him.They will ask you for proof!!

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » June 30, 2009, 6:20 pm

just got back from imigration nong khai. to renew retirement visa. took 3 hrs in imigration. hey sent me to my bank twice. i had over a million bht in account. asked me where i had spent 200 hundred thousand bht. i did not reply. as i still had i mill in my acount. then said i would have to go back to swampy airport as imigration had made a mistake in my passport in sept. then they said we should have spotted it the last time u was here. so we will fix it for u this time. if u get a letter from ur bank saying uhave the money in. an produce copys off ur bank book pages. get ur bank book updated the same day. i even give them a atm reciet drawn on to day. they would not accept it. :D

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 30, 2009, 6:23 pm

Which is quite interesting asking fro proof as at Bangkok, some 600 odd k's from udon they don't I wonder why..........????????????

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » June 30, 2009, 11:02 pm

I showed income statement of 930k baht, then bank statement of 1.3 million going thru account for the yeae...............but.........you only have 199 baht in account.....why.................i F'g spent it, isn't that why i am here, to spend money. so after 3 people incorrectly put the numbers into the calculator, for monthly/yearly income, saying i didn't have enough, the head person is still questioning where is the money.......................excuse me, it just says i have to have it, it doesn't say i have to not spend it...............another 10 minutes, ok, approved..............WTF.

Shipm8te

Post by Shipm8te » July 1, 2009, 8:07 am

Prenders88 wrote:Just take your Yellow book with you.
Where did you get your Yellow Book? What documents did you have to provide for one?

Do others retirees on this forum have a Yellow Book?

Have ran into a Catch 22 on obtaining a Yellow Book. My amphoe states I must have the Identification/Photo page of my passport translated into Thai by my embassy. My embassy states that they do not provide any translation service. Back to the amphoe to explain this with only a reply of "sure they to, just go ask". Not hearing the part that I had allready asked.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » July 1, 2009, 9:00 am

Shipm8te wrote:
Prenders88 wrote:Just take your Yellow book with you.
Where did you get your Yellow Book? What documents did you have to provide for one?

Do others retirees on this forum have a Yellow Book?

Have ran into a Catch 22 on obtaining a Yellow Book. My amphoe states I must have the Identification/Photo page of my passport translated into Thai by my embassy. My embassy states that they do not provide any translation service. Back to the amphoe to explain this with only a reply of "sure they to, just go ask". Not hearing the part that I had allready asked.

The translation is not required to be done by your Embassy, just go a translation service here in town. There's already an existing thread on Yellow Books here:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/y ... t2606.html

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”