AEK Udon Apartments

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
Marmite The Dog
udonmap.com

Re: AEK Udon Apartments

Post by Marmite The Dog » July 29, 2009, 3:13 pm

Apparently, a landlord cannot charge the basic rate for electricity, but are supposed to charge more for it.

I never did find out why, but I'm sure there is something extremely logical about it, as is the Thai way.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » July 30, 2009, 12:07 am

A little off topic about AEK apartments, but here is an article from the Bangkok Post about free water/electricity based on usage

"Free water, power, travel to continue
Writer: BangkokPost.com
Published: 7/07/2009 at 02:41 PM The government would definitely extend the free power, water and travel subsidies for low income earners to help them cope with the economic downturn, Deputy Finance Minister Pradit Phataraprasit said on Tuesday.

"The scheme could be continued for another two months after the end of fiscal year 2009 in September, or even for another year," Mr Pradit said.

He said the cabinet meeting will look into this issue.

The government would use any means necessary to spur the economy, he said.

The economy had somewhat recovered because of the external factors, but investors still lacked confidence in the political situation, he said.

The five-pronged range of economic measures to help low income earners was inititally introduced by the Samak government lastyear when the global financial meltdown first hit and was continued by successive governments. The measures expire this month.

The measures were: free tap water for households nationwide using less than 30 units a month, free electricity for households throughout the country using less than 90 units monthly, free third class travel on some carriages on trains, free travel on 800 buses of the state-run Bangkok Mass Transit Authority on 73 routes in Bangkok, and a freeze on the price of cooking gas."

warmeduque
udonmap.com

Post by warmeduque » November 5, 2009, 5:17 am

Can someone give me more information regarding the price condition :

What about the deposit for the deluxe room or the executive room..is there one and how much it is for a 2/3 months rent?

What is the sqm for the executive room?

What is the price for the executive room for 1 month after the promotion?

What is the cancel policy if i take 1 month for example but after some few days i want to change?

I've seen that it is situated around 1 km from the principal spot in the city(shopping mall..bars)
When walking toward there(Sai uthit..Prajak sillapakom)..are there another animation places?

Thanks

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » November 5, 2009, 10:59 am

Hi warmeduque

Have you tried sending an email to them? Email: customerservice @aekudonapartment.com Web: http://www.aekudonapartment.com

warmeduque
udonmap.com

Post by warmeduque » November 6, 2009, 8:32 am

No i haven't yet contacted the customer service.
I'm waiting to have my agenda done.
I will do this soon.

If some bm have the answer,experience, about the question 1, this is what i'm looking for.

Thanks

warmeduque
udonmap.com

Post by warmeduque » November 17, 2009, 11:42 am

Thank you so much for your kind replies =D>

By the way,the aek udon website is down now.
Will take my fat ass somwhere else. :mrgreen:

warmeduque
udonmap.com

Post by warmeduque » November 21, 2009, 11:14 am

It's back.

biscuitz
udonmap.com

Post by biscuitz » November 22, 2009, 8:01 am

had a apartment there 4a few months, left sum stuff behind cosi went chiang mai & didnt claim bak my deposit... but been told there are a few problems in getting my full deposit i.e. theres a mark on the fridge ( 1,000bt charge ) a scratch.............. yeh rite?????????????????????????????????????????... good place til u leave so neva went bak

warmeduque
udonmap.com

Post by warmeduque » November 26, 2009, 11:05 am

biscuitz wrote:had a apartment there 4a few months, left sum stuff behind cosi went chiang mai & didnt claim bak my deposit... but been told there are a few problems in getting my full deposit i.e. theres a mark on the fridge ( 1,000bt charge ) a scratch.............. yeh rite?????????????????????????????????????????... good place til u leave so neva went bak
So how much were your deposit?

biscuitz
udonmap.com

Post by biscuitz » November 26, 2009, 6:59 pm

deposit was 5,000bt stayed 2months @ 5,000bt per month & 6 days but charged me a daily rate for the 6 days @ 750 per night + the 1,000bt so was told there was no deposit left...

warmeduque
udonmap.com

Post by warmeduque » November 27, 2009, 3:39 am

biscuitz wrote:deposit was 5,000bt stayed 2months @ 5,000bt per month & 6 days but charged me a daily rate for the 6 days @ 750 per night + the 1,000bt so was told there was no deposit left...
5000 bht for the deposit ok.
So the last month they priced the room at 750 bht per day,quit expensive and because of the "damage" on the fridge put an additional 1000 bht of penality.
And your 5000 bht deposit were gone.

Well regarding the others reviews who were positive,you are the first one who had a bad experience.

But what about the 2 months when you were there?
Room is ok...cleaning ok..can bring guest to the room?overall good services from the staff?
I will send an email when my plan will be more clear to see what they say to me about the deposit.
This will be my first time in UT so i'm looking to have more info...a good accomodation is essential..
I will let many options still open..if i don't like the place i should have a way to move on..and if i don't enjoy myself in UT,i will just move to another place or maybe go back where i know as BKK or Pattaya.

biscuitz
udonmap.com

Post by biscuitz » November 27, 2009, 10:57 pm

things there were fine everything ok til i wanted to leave, but just like most places in thailand you rarely get your deposit back

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » November 28, 2009, 7:03 am

biscuitz wrote:things there were fine everything ok til i wanted to leave, but just like most places in thailand you rarely get your deposit back
You had a choice, pay for 6 extra nights and get back most of your deposit back or pay for the extra nights out of your deposit. You chose the later. How is that, not getting your deposit back?
I know many people who have stayed there and have never had a problem. Many people use their deposit to pay for their electricity whilst there. I suppose they didn't get their deposit back either?

Warmeduque, have nice stay there. IMO one of the best places in Udon to stay, your find the staff helpful and honest.

biscuitz
udonmap.com

Post by biscuitz » November 28, 2009, 7:35 pm

never said i didnt enjoy my stay if you read my posts, just saying i didnt know it was 750bt per night ifi didnt stay the whole month & a 1,000bt for a sratch on the fridge

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 28, 2009, 8:05 pm

In fairness to both biscuitz & Galee and from my experience of Udon I will say the following....
1. I have not stayed in AEK, but have seen their rooms & at the monthly rate they look excellent value for money.
2. Every place that I have ever stayed in Udon offers a different Day, Week, Month, Longer term rate. unless you specifically say you want it till "then" the worst rate will apply.
3. Getting a 100% of a deposit back from a Thai individual or business is a virtual impossibility. If 'cause 1' for with holding some is shown to be a complete sham, 'cause 2' will appear. & so on, ad infinitm, each time you will be getting a little more back & I guess, in the end with enough persistence & time 100% could be regained - I eventually give up when the remaining deposit is small enough & I have proved (to my satisfaction) that they are at least bordering on dishonesty.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » November 28, 2009, 9:54 pm

Last time I stayed for 3 months, I paid upfront to get the discounted rate.

On the day I left, I got my deposit back in full, in cash, immediately. From it I paid my electricity bill.

Great service at a good price. Highly recommended. =D>

foexie
udonmap.com

Post by foexie » January 25, 2010, 5:52 am

Hi all,

i been in AEK last november for 20 days.

I used a deluxe room for 350 baht/day.

The best thing about the room was that it have been cleaned daily and regulary changing of the bedsheets.Also many parkingspots,easy acces,friendly people.
The bed was spaceous and comfortable but i did miss small bedtables with readinglights.For reading a book you always needed to turn on the big light and always need to get out the bed to turn it on and off.

For me this kind of room was more a basicroom then a real deluxe room.Didn't have the hotwatermachine.But we got free water as much we wanded.

For beeing a real deluxe room they should need to instal a microwave ( for a quick late nite snack) and a small table where you can have your breakfast ( i did leave the room sometimes at 6 am so i did wanna have breakfast in the room).What else is the use of the big empty fridge :? And the room was certainly big enough.
I even did need to buy some plates ,cups and knifes.

The room also had just one socket.Lucky for me there was a long wire connecting the TV.So i could use that to shave in the bathroom.

I think with the next renovation of the room they need ,at least, to put a few extra sockets in the room( near the mirror at the make-up table and near the bed for the readinglamps).

Global:

AEK is a good place to stay even it had (for me ) some missings.

Would i stay there again ? Definatly yes but the owner really need to do the small improvements.Specialy now they turned up the rates from 350 to 500 baht/day

jeanlery2010

Post by jeanlery2010 » February 5, 2010, 8:59 am

I even know that a deluxe room is much better than the others. But for the deluxe room that you had stayed,the owner should really take responsibility for the improvements and better developments of his rental business.
However it's up to you if you want to stay or look for another deluxe room.

foexie
udonmap.com

Post by foexie » March 1, 2010, 4:48 am

Jeanlery,

i never been there before so i don't know if maybe they gave me an other room.I know i did ask for the deluxroom when i booked.
Btw the room i was in is exact like the room you see on the first pic on page number 1 ( bed with flowercover).Maybe you can conferm it was really a deluxroom.

Best regards,

Foexie

PAUL STAKER
udonmap.com

Post by PAUL STAKER » March 3, 2010, 3:27 am

foexie wrote:Hi all,

i been in AEK last november for 20 days.

I used a deluxe room for 350 baht/day.

The best thing about the room was that it have been cleaned daily and regulary changing of the bedsheets.Also many parkingspots,easy acces,friendly people.
The bed was spaceous and comfortable but i did miss small bedtables with readinglights.For reading a book you always needed to turn on the big light and always need to get out the bed to turn it on and off.

For me this kind of room was more a basicroom then a real deluxe room.Didn't have the hotwatermachine.But we got free water as much we wanded.

For beeing a real deluxe room they should need to instal a microwave ( for a quick late nite snack) and a small table where you can have your breakfast ( i did leave the room sometimes at 6 am so i did wanna have breakfast in the room).What else is the use of the big empty fridge :? And the room was certainly big enough.
I even did need to buy some plates ,cups and knifes.

The room also had just one socket.Lucky for me there was a long wire connecting the TV.So i could use that to shave in the bathroom.

I think with the next renovation of the room they need ,at least, to put a few extra sockets in the room( near the mirror at the make-up table and near the bed for the readinglamps).

Global:

AEK is a good place to stay even it had (for me ) some missings.

Would i stay there again ? Definatly yes but the owner really need to do the small improvements.Specialy now they turned up the rates from 350 to 500 baht/day
I would suggest that if you want cutlery then go and buy it. If you want tea/coffee then buy a hot pot. Do you want to name for me a hotel where you have cutlery/hot water facilities?

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”