Udon Thani Big Cycle

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Udon Thani Big Cycle

Post by jai yen yen » August 20, 2009, 6:54 am

I currently have a 750 honda shadow and I am thinking of buying a harley. Is anyone familiar with the Big Cycle shop in Udon? Are they good to deal with and supply the proper book with there bikes? I know the Harleys are expensive here but even though the Honda is a good bike I miss the Harleys as I have rode them all my life in Canada. Thank You.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Big Cycle

Post by Aardvark » August 20, 2009, 11:56 am

You are wise to ask, there are a few on here who will answer your questions. I have heard many times that you need to be very careful when buying a big bike here in Thailand If you don't get a response soon I suggest you Pm Bumper who is quite familiar with many riders here in Udon.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » August 20, 2009, 12:03 pm

as long as it's legal/regeistered/book issued, officially. more power to you, damn rich people.

is the 750 registered and what year is it. plan on keeping for a play bike, or selling. that was my 1st bike, then later stepped up to 900, very nice for 2nd person, couldn't notice and heavy bike for cruising. never went larger, no need and all my buds with harleys had a lot of down time. though things are much better now, though price still sucks.........good luck.

Marmite The Dog
udonmap.com

Post by Marmite The Dog » August 20, 2009, 2:36 pm

A friend of mine picked up a used Hardley from BC yesterday. The bike has all the papers and he managed to beat the owner down on price.

Some bikes will be properly registered, some won't. Just got to ask.

As for mechanic work, as with every other place in town, they're absolutely useless and I wouldn't trust them with anything more than a Honda Wave. His prices for spare parts are a joke too, but they do have nice Hardley Davidson eagles embossed into everything...

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » August 20, 2009, 10:34 pm

Believe me I am not rich, If I was I would be in Thailand now and not working in Canada. The three things I have always needed is a good Harley, a good girl and a cold beer. Easy to find the beer. Jai Yen Yen.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » August 21, 2009, 12:46 am

got good news, got bad news, way too poor to buy a harley, myself that is, good luck finding cold beer here, except at home, but there is always some good news, women shouldn't be a problem.......here. :lol: :lol:

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » August 21, 2009, 5:45 am

One out of three is a good start. 8)

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » August 21, 2009, 8:40 am

Went in there once 2yrs ago ref buying a Harley, they tied to interest me in a Heritage softail, 5yrs old for ฿1,000,000 :shock: Checked in with the main dealer in BKK and they offered me the same model, same colour, less KM's, 2yrs newer for ฿700,000 :-k ( both had green books etc )
Returned there again a couple of weeks ago to buy some spark plugs, wanted NGK D8EA x4 ( about the most used plug in motorcycles ) could'nt help unless I wanted them the next day :roll: went on down to the local Honda dealer and got them off the shelf :D .... they were a bit confused that I wanted 4 until I explained that Steeds have twin plug heads!
Bring back Saint

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » August 21, 2009, 9:26 am

panick wrote:Went in there once 2yrs ago ref buying a Harley, they tied to interest me in a Heritage softail, 5yrs old for ฿1,000,000 :shock: Checked in with the main dealer in BKK and they offered me the same model, same colour, less KM's, 2yrs newer for ฿700,000 :-k ( both had green books etc )
Returned there again a couple of weeks ago to buy some spark plugs, wanted NGK D8EA x4 ( about the most used plug in motorcycles ) could'nt help unless I wanted them the next day :roll: went on down to the local Honda dealer and got them off the shelf :D .... they were a bit confused that I wanted 4 until I explained that Steeds have twin plug heads!
I'm sure you'll be taking your bike there for any repairs :razz:

Return to “Travel & Transport”