Udon Thani Immigration Office

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
laphanphon

Re: Udon Thani Immigraton Office

Post by laphanphon » September 13, 2009, 11:37 am

i personally would take the day off, go NK in person and have the deny me in person. then ask for a free extension, as they give while waiting for marriage extension. since it is not you that is making you late. make sure you see the top dog, before leaving without extension. have lunch BBB or NY bisto, or nice sugar fix at Rudy's. relax by river for lunch, make a day of it.

much easier to tell someone no on the phone than in person. since yours expires in couple days, i can't imagine them refusing to extend, that will take them to a new low. i still like it when Mr Happy ran the place. i'll see if udon is better in February for retirement renewal. actually hoping mr happy is boss man in udon, always treated prompt and efficient when paperwork is properly prepared.

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » September 13, 2009, 12:23 pm

If they tell my wife on the phone "no can do" then I'll probably just *move* to my in-laws address and make the drive to Loei. Then, just before 90 day reporting time I'll *move* back to Udon (if the Udon office is processing by then :roll: ).

Did I mention......wow this sucks. :evil: :confused: :evil:

Mainer
udonmap.com

Post by Mainer » September 13, 2009, 1:43 pm

LoveDaBlues wrote:If they tell my wife on the phone "no can do" then I'll probably just *move* to my in-laws address and make the drive to Loei. Then, just before 90 day reporting time I'll *move* back to Udon (if the Udon office is processing by then :roll: ).

Did I mention......wow this sucks. :evil: :confused: :evil:
LoveDaBlues, it is so unfortunate this thread got started in the first place. People should not start threads about such serious matters, because they heard something from a 'friend'. It has caused problems and issues with a few of us, that took this as fact. Like Jack Webb used to says on Dragnet, "just the facts, Mam, just the facts".
UdonExpat wrote:A friend from Udon has reported that he went to Nong Khai immigration yesterday and was told that he could not use that office any more as the Udon Thani office, at the police station, is now open.
The problem is with the words, "could not use that office any more". I suspect they did not refuse him service that day, but meant, IN THE FUTURE....after Udon opens.

IT IS BUSINESS AS USUAL AT NONG KHAI IMMIGRATION. ALWAYS HAS BEEN. (Until the Udon office opens).

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » September 13, 2009, 2:12 pm

Mainer, I think you're right, this whole thread started from a mis-communication. I can understand that, the wife and I have one or two of those every week it seems. :lol:

Anyway, I'll be going to NK on Thursday with all papers in order. No major problems in the past and not expecting any this time. [-o<

LDB

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » September 13, 2009, 2:49 pm

My understanding is that currently the Nong Khai imm office is refusing to handle extensions but instead telling the applicant to use the Udon Thani office.
My understanding (as of Sept. 9) is that NK imm. office will not process extensions.
A friend of mine renewed his one-year extension at 1pm, on Friday Sept. 11 at the Nong Khai office. No problems, in & out in less than thirty-minutes.

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » September 13, 2009, 4:47 pm

jingjai wrote:A friend of mine renewed his one-year extension at 1pm, on Friday Sept. 11 at the Nong Khai office.
That's more good news; seems to confirm this whole issue was mis-information. No harm done; other than a few missed heartbeats. 8-[

LDB

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » September 18, 2009, 8:57 am

Happy to report this. Thursday, Sept. 17 went to NK imm. for my 1 year extension. Things went very well as usual. In fact, I converted from RETIREMENT visa to MARRIAGE visa. I have to go back to NK in one month as normal with the marriage visa.

Color me: \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » September 18, 2009, 9:40 am

LDB, Glad you got there and got it sorted!! ;) :D

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 18, 2009, 10:29 am

Just read this thread front to back for the first time. Don't know why I bothered! :roll:

Just hope Mr Happy stays put in NK after the Udon opening. =D>

EDIT: Can someone give me their best guess where it will be Google map co-ords would be great. Thanks.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » September 18, 2009, 11:54 am

Current rumor: they were unhappy with the original location (skanky, leaking roof, etc.) and are currently looking for another location.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » September 18, 2009, 3:50 pm

Mr Happy is not a bad guy once you clear the air with him I found him to be helpful after we had our little talk over 2 years a go now he smiles and says hello to me

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » September 18, 2009, 4:41 pm

i actually prefer Mr Happy to process my paperwork, he knows his stuff, doesn't need a calculator, and is fast and efficient. even smiles now and then, and we chatted it up on personal issues before when he had a few minutes and no queue.

in his defense, he has a couple health issues, as i do, and sitting in that chair all day would kill me, as i'm sure he struggles to maintain any smile, while in discomfort. if you have every worked customer service, you'll also understand why he may be put off, once in a while. some of the idiots he has to deal with, "what, i need a address for an extended visa", "so i don't have enough money, I have more than thai need to live here", "this is my wife, why we need marriage certificate' , those are quotes, i've actually heard, very sad. deal with that all day. i've also seen him waive fines for lateness a couple times, which surprised me, a group of students totally screwed up their paperwork and timing, let it all pass and had the young gals help sort them out. i've experience his bad day manner once, and he can be picky, but also correct and within his rights. i'll even change queue numbers if i think it will help me be next with him. :lol: :lol:

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » September 18, 2009, 10:09 pm

went to imigration at nong khai this tue. lady first on the left always gives me a hard haed time. this week office packed came to me. i thought here we go again. she told me to go to her desk. sorted me out within minutes and even smiled. and smiled again out side. good job im married. :D

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 19, 2009, 4:36 am

I guess the jury will remain out on Mr Happy. He will never smile at or give me efficient service as at one time I went upstairs to see the boss when he refused to give me an address letter for a drivers license renewal over some very minor technicality. The manager came down and made him issue the letter --- loss of face.
in his defense, he has a couple health issues, as i do, and sitting in that chair all day would kill me, as i'm sure he struggles to maintain any smile, while in discomfort.
One of the main reasons for his discomfort is the fact he has been in the same chair for the last 8 1/2 years that I know of. He must wonder why he has never been promoted, that would be a pain in the arse and a source of his discomfort.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 19, 2009, 6:07 am

It was amazing to watch him in the AEK operation he was the only one actually working two other guys sit around and checked his paper work I would be pissed to.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » September 19, 2009, 10:17 am

laphanphon wrote:i actually prefer Mr Happy to process my paperwork, he knows his stuff:
I wish I could say the same, ime he was damn right rude to me and my gf and I hope I never have to deal with him again.
in his defense, he has a couple health issues, as i do, and sitting in that chair all day would kill me, as i'm sure he struggles to maintain any smile, while in discomfort.
Maybe we should all chip in to buy him a new chair to make our visa experiences more bearable. :D

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » September 19, 2009, 11:54 am

Lee I will donate 100 baht for a new chair for him

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 19, 2009, 12:02 pm

No way Jose :lol: :pirate:

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 19, 2009, 12:11 pm

Yep if I'll throw in a few Baht as well so long as the chair is securely bolted to the floor in NK. [-o<

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 19, 2009, 12:41 pm

Hey guys he may cheer up a lot, he lives in Udon.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”