Mexican

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Mexican

Post by BangkokButcher » July 30, 2005, 3:33 pm

I hear that the new Mexican place is now open, has anyone been yet??

admin
Admin

Post by admin » July 30, 2005, 4:01 pm

BB, Do you know where it is located?

Admin :)

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 30, 2005, 4:36 pm

Just trying to find out, as soon as I get the email I will pop the details up on here :)

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 30, 2005, 5:13 pm

Cant get the exact address, but heres the location:
Nong Som Long, on the road between NongPrajak & the Army Golf course, just past the temple, 1.5km from the stopliight.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 30, 2005, 5:17 pm

Forgot the telephone number if you need it:

01 369 8936

Hope it helps :)

admin
Admin

Post by admin » July 30, 2005, 5:29 pm

Thanks BB, I think you mean Nong Samrong, I'm guessing that it's almost near BB Resort.

I'll have a look and see if I can find it.

Regards,

Admin :)

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 30, 2005, 5:50 pm

admin wrote:Thanks BB, I think you mean Nong Samrong
Yep your probably right :oops: close though :lol:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » August 7, 2005, 9:47 pm

it is located about a km past TJ's on opposite side heading away from udon. a small sign visible from that direction, called Taco Place, i believe. about 5 or so comfartable tables in a pleasant setting, for the location and proximately to road. had a very relaxing meal with the kid. sorry i didn't scan and remember the menu as i usually try to do, but had a good idea of what i wanted before i got there. as not the biggest fan of mexican food or possibly just ignorant, i pretty much stick with fajitas and tacos, soft version. daughter was munching chicken and juices wrapped up only, and not making a big mess, from the fajita dish, a good size serving of chicken and veggies (onion/g peppers), leaving me to make vegitarian wraps. i prefer mine a little more seasoned or spicey, but as my taste buds were just getting used to mexican spices before coming to thailand, they have had to go to the next level, so it might have been mental. i enjoyed the soft beef tacos more, a serving of 2 nice size stuffed tacos, with good flavor. washed down with couple sodas, at about 200 baht. i notice most items were 60-90 baht range, but don't quote as it was a quick glance at menu. did notice submarine sandwichs, especially since they had one on the table next to us, for pics to add to the menu i believe. as i mention it looked quite tasty to the owner, she offered us both a couple slices and the looks were not decieving. a tasty mix of quality meat and cheese with veggie and dressing with all flavors coming thru. the whole sandwich would be a meal in itself. maybe next time. as i'm typing this i'm thinking of other items of mexican food i enjoy, nachos of course, which i beleive were available. have to do some more experimenting. tortilla chips and salsa/dip provided to keep busy while waiting for orders. sorry i didn't make more mental note of menu, but got talking with owner.

i had the pleasure of meeting the owners a couple years prior as they were searching for property in my neck of the rice paddies. a very pleasant couple as we chatted a bit back then, and again, chatted with the mrs. while munching at the restaurant, catching up on things. nice to see they got well settled and being quite productive and hope it catches on.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » August 7, 2005, 11:28 pm

Sounds like a decent eatery LA, thanks for the review :)

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » August 9, 2005, 2:11 pm

We will have to get Ray to go round and do a review.He's the Mexican expert.

O i see he has already been and loved it.

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » August 23, 2005, 8:56 pm

Went there today for lunch with TG. Food was very good, could be a tad hotter, but maybe been in Thailand to long. Prices were nice! :)

Looked like a good place to start from for the next monthly meet! Bet there would be no problem opening a bottle if someone showed up with one! :lol:

I heard that someone from here, has been back a few times, guess not watching weight! :lol:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » August 23, 2005, 9:03 pm

hey, what are trying to say?

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » August 23, 2005, 11:10 pm

He he, as long as whoever it is, is enjoying it ;)

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » August 25, 2005, 10:46 am

Sean,i see Ray said that that Mexican place does the best Mexican food he has had here in Thailand so i may drag the missus down there for a bite.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » August 25, 2005, 2:37 pm

Enjoy the meal Marcus :), would like to see a review from you as well after you've been for the experience.

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » August 25, 2005, 10:34 pm

Found another reason to have monthly meeting start here tonight. While sipping on a few beers, I noticed the bag's of chips we had picked up, and then I remembered the salsa the owner had given us. It is bring tears to my eye's, it's that good. With the salsa and chips and a few beers, I could find myself staying for a few hours! Instead of my normal 30 mins :lol:

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » August 26, 2005, 11:37 am

I like any food really as long as it's hot and spicy but i would not be able to say if it is authentic and uses all the correct imported ingredients.The local Vietnamese hear do an amazing sort of curry just like an Indian in the UK and Thais call it "sushi" which is a vey odd name to give a curry.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » August 26, 2005, 8:56 pm

Just hope that the Japanese dont expect something different I guess :lol:

Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Post by Thai_1_On » August 27, 2005, 10:45 am

Dakoda wrote:Found another reason to have monthly meeting start here tonight.
Hmmm this may be a good start to the 2nd meeting planned for Oct. :D
Punish the Liver

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » September 8, 2005, 1:51 pm

Any good Indian curry houses in Udon?

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”