Christmas dinner in udon

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Kevro
udonmap.com

Re: Christmas dinner in udon

Post by Kevro » October 19, 2009, 8:04 pm

fussychunk wrote:<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1s5PiCzvtLk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1s5PiCzvtLk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Bah humbug! Its a bit better than the usual Karaoke crap!!!

Oh My God,

That brings back some memories of the Raffles hotel back in Perth when we had the Sunday morning sessions between 11am & 1pm. He used to be led in by Baby Doll, one of the best strippers in those days and then on wandered Kevin Bloody Wilson. What a classic session they used to be. Many great memories, all be a little vague.

Kevro

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » October 23, 2009, 3:24 pm

Looks to me like the Irish clock gets the vote for Christmas dinner.As I've never been there I'm wondering do they have facilities for small children like a play area inside,and do they have high chairs?.And finally do they do child menus? :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 23, 2009, 3:39 pm

There is an out door (patio, partially covered) area at the back which is reasonably secure - entrance/exit is only through the building. Not much of a play area inside normally & I guess most will be taken up with table & chairs on the day. There were 'high' chairs there for children, but I am unsure how many - &, of course, depends how many little ones attend.
I am also unsure about a child menu for Christmas Day - as it is normally limited to a 'Christmas' menu.
I think your best bet is to drop Steve a e-mail/phone call & ask him what he can do for you. I am sure he will come up with something - especially given a bit of notice...
The weather is usually pretty good about Christmas time (although it does get a bit chilly at night for locals once the sun goes down). So to do something in the gardens at the back might be quite nice with youngsters as they can enjoy themselves without constantly bumping into adults, while you can watch them while relaxing over food & drink!!

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » October 24, 2009, 7:13 am

Harry @ Harry's Bar usually has a Christmas dinner going on, haven't been myself but a few friends have told me it's very good and value for money, turkey with all the trimmings and proper Christmas pud and custard. Not sure if he's doing the same this year or not.

udon-tuk-tuk
udonmap.com

Post by udon-tuk-tuk » October 25, 2009, 2:24 am

Being new to Udon Thani may I ask the good expats where is a good place to have a Xmas dinner ? I have just arrived back in England however I will be back in Udon 16th November with the good wife I have seen a few bars such as mojos irish clock etc etc this will be my first xmas in another country so i'll sit back and take you advice. :D

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » November 18, 2009, 6:47 am

Where getting a bit nearer to the big day guys.Has anyone had any thoughts of menu choices and the price ranges we can expect to pay for a traditional three course.Oh and it does'nt have to be turkey just because its christmas.Duck would be a nice alternative.

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » November 20, 2009, 11:03 pm

What time will Eddie (Ban Dung) start serving and/or is it a set time for one serving?

Thanks

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Christmas dinner in udon

Post by gudtymchuk » December 21, 2012, 4:25 pm

For anyone interested the Kinnaree is once again serving Christmas Buffet beginning at 3pm. Phone # 081 380 5165 to book your table.
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Christmas dinner in udon

Post by mortiboy » December 21, 2012, 5:33 pm

I like go, but cant. "Shame that :(

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » December 24, 2012, 10:09 am

mortiboy wrote:A Christmas dinner.....well, This is a bit off track. But as we all know, there is a lot of hardship and poverty here in this great country.
While we are scoffing into our turkey and all the trimmings etc, there are kids out there with best a bowl of noodles and a bit of fish. That's their xmas/new year treat!
I find it hard to enjoy a Xmas feast. when these poor kids have so little, and so little future.I find it does me in with conscience.
I vote we all dont have Xmas dinner! :lol: Invite some local poor unprivilage kids for a good once a year Thai feast!
Have great Xmas dinner folks .... but please look over your shoulder. Take care
...........Softi Morti
I try hard to think about the poor kids but need some Western food on the day 8) Anyways many options for you lot over Xmas period in Udon,still time,Kinnaree,Irish Clock,Deans at BB resort,Bella Italia normally lays on a good spread,The Bookhouse etc

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Christmas dinner in udon

Post by mortiboy » December 24, 2012, 10:39 am

Blimey ! thats last years post!
Yes Worth a thought. Daft really A bottle of beer at 60 baht. Thats a days food price for some.
Ah well thats life.
Have good time folks. Eat drink and be merry.

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » December 24, 2012, 11:32 am

pompui wrote:....
I try hard to think about the poor kids but need some Western food on the day 8) Anyways many options for you lot over Xmas period in Udon,still time,Kinnaree,Irish Clock,Deans at BB resort,Bella Italia normally lays on a good spread,The Bookhouse etc
You will have your western Xmas dinner at the Shangri-La BKK @Poempui ??...hehehehe
Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

pompui
udonmap.com

Christmas dinner in udon

Post by pompui » December 24, 2012, 2:05 pm

Never tried Xmas dinner there solly,at my mates condo for a good feast,have secured my 10 bottles of BIN 389 and will celebrate thinking about all the changes that will take place in Udonsville for 2013 :D

Have a jolly good one in Indonesia George \:D/

MALC
udonmap.com

Christmas dinner in udon

Post by MALC » December 24, 2012, 10:01 pm

well there wont be many here in the uk enjoying there christmas dinner after next year.just read in the daily mail to day.that from next yr 29 million romananian;s and bulgarian;s can come here and claim benifits,

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”