Feds seized my bank in the states

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
bumper
udonmap.com

Feds seized my bank in the states

Post by bumper » August 22, 2009, 8:16 pm

Looks I have some time but I don't know how long, trying to do some research and find out what happens next and when.

FDIC Information for Guaranty Bank, Austin, TX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On August 21, 2009, Guaranty Bank, Austin, TX was closed by the Office of Thrift Supervision. Subsequently, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) was named Receiver. No advance notice is given to the public when a financial institution is closed.

All deposit accounts, excluding certain brokered deposits, have been transferred to BBVA Compass, Birmingham, AL. For more information on BBVA Compass, visit us at www.bbvacompass.com.

The FDIC has assembled useful information regarding your relationship with Guaranty Bank. Besides a checking account, you may have Certificates of Deposit, a business checking account, a Social Security direct deposit, and other relationships with the institution.

Please select the link below to read more about this event:

FDIC Bank Closing Information for Guaranty Bank

Online service will remain available.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Feds seized my bank in the states

Post by BobHelm » August 22, 2009, 8:32 pm

Does not look like you have anything to worry about bumper...things will very much go on as before for you. It looks like BBVA have actually purchased all the operation. I guess at some time in the future the 'Guaranty' name will disappear & you will only see BBVA Compass name on everything..
Welcome to BBVA Compass – bringing you strength, stability and more services than ever before.

As you may know, BBVA Compass has purchased the banking operations of Guaranty Bank. Guaranty Bank has always been committed to helping its customers and communities prosper, and we'll continue that commitment at BBVA Compass.

Right now, it's banking as usual. Please continue to use your Guaranty Bank accounts and services just as you do today. Whether you like to bank at your branch, by phone or online – we're still available when you need us just as before. And we want to reassure you that your deposits will continue to be FDIC insured to the maximum allowable by law.

In the future, you'll benefit from our local approach as well as the services of a much larger bank. BBVA Compass is a member of the BBVA Group and now has more than 750 branches throughout seven states. When we fully combine with Guaranty Bank, you'll have access to more than 421 branches in Texas and an expanded footprint in California as well.

Strength and stability at work for you. Because BBVA Compass is part of the BBVA Group, you can feel confident knowing we are a member of one of the largest and strongest financial organizations in the world. We've been serving businesses and individuals for more than 150 years, including a longstanding heritage in Texas that dates back to 1892.

Our goal is to make this transition to BBVA Compass a smooth and positive experience for you. We are also committed to full transparency, so we will continue to communicate with you throughout this transitional period. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-288-8822 or stop by your local banking center.

Thank you for banking with us. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely,

Manolo Sánchez
President and CEO
BBVA Compass
A lot more information here..
http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/fai ... ss_release
Looks like you were lucky bumper, if FDIC hadn't done this you would have probably lost any money you had in your account.... :shock:

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 22, 2009, 8:42 pm

Your right I checked it out, Now here is the kicker that is a wholly owned subsidary of a bank in Spain, thats unreal.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 22, 2009, 10:08 pm

My UK bank was taken over by Spanish bank, Santander. If it's Santander I wouldn't worry bumper.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 23, 2009, 7:00 am

After I got my research done I may actually be better off. It just seems so odd that with the banks they could have kept the money in in the states, to go a foriegn country, really surprised me. There is profit to be had in the banking system one would have thought wiht all the TARP money they wee spening they wouldn; have biven those profits to a bank oputside of the states. I'm reall gettting to MR. O NOT :confused: :pirate:

[quote]BBVA Compass is a leading U.S. banking franchise located in the Sunbelt region. BBVA Compass is among the top 25 largest banks in the U.S. based on deposit market share and ranks as the third largest bank in Alabama and the fourth largest bank in Texas. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, it operates 579 branches throughout Texas, Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Colorado and New Mexico.

Through three major business units – Corporate Banking, Retail Banking, and Wealth Management – Compass offers customers unique and industry-leading products and services with a focus on providing customers with financial solutions to fit their lives. These products and services include commercial and wholesale banking, treasury management, Small Business Administration loans, international services, merchant processing, retail banking services, consumer loans, mortgages, home equity lines and loans, credit cards, personalized Visa® Check Cards, securities brokerage, mutual funds and annuities, financial counseling, wealth management, pension plan management and insurance.

Compass Bancshares, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of BBVA (NYSE: BBV) (MAD: BBVA). BBVA is a financial services group with more than $750 billion in total assets, 48 million clients, 8,000 branches and approximately 109,000 employees in more than 30 countries. BBVA provides its customers around the world with a full range of financial services, including commercial and wholesale banking, retail banking services, consumer loans, mortgages, credit cards, securities brokerage, wealth management, pension plan management and insurance. The BBVA Group maintains a leadership position in Spain, Mexico, Latin America and the Sunbelt Region of the United States as well as operations in China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.[/quote]

PAUL STAKER
udonmap.com

Post by PAUL STAKER » August 27, 2009, 1:07 am

Amazing posts like this stand and mine that pertained to udorn thanee were deleted. obvuiosly this guy has some special status on this forum.
PAUL MICHAEL STAKER

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » August 27, 2009, 2:13 am

As Bumper's post is in the 'News & Media ‹ Money, Finance & Investing' area of the forum and that many forum members are from America (where Bumper it seems banks) or possibly bank with one of the BBVA groups members around the world what would be amazing about this particular post, which I would guess would be quite informative for a number of members including myself.

Whereas, your point was in reality about you and your cause to find a nice girl in Udonthani through the submission of subjective information.

Please explain your point further. :D

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 30, 2009, 4:32 am

List of failed banks in August in the U.S. I had a lot of company:

http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/fai ... klist.html

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » August 30, 2009, 12:21 pm

Don't worry...yet.

My bank in the U.S. was taken over late last year. So far, only minor changes in policy, some change in their website, and some confusion when trying to receive money by wire because the bank name associated with the SWIFT code did not match the name of the receiving bank. Maybe in another year it will all be sorted out.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 30, 2009, 3:07 pm

Only the smaller of the retiments are in there anymore I already changed the CAl Pers to the Bank of Bangkok, that's, supposed to start next week. Now I have to wait and seee how fast the transfer from New York to Thailand is. Anyone have a clue what the actual time frame is?

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » August 30, 2009, 3:27 pm

bumper wrote:Only the smaller of the retiments are in there anymore I already changed the CAl Pers to the Bank of Bangkok, that's, supposed to start next week. Now I have to wait and seee how fast the transfer from New York to Thailand is. Anyone have a clue what the actual time frame is?
In the short time that used it my funds were available on the second day after payday and usually between 1300-1500. You can also set up to receive an SMS from BKK bank when yours funds hit your local account, really convenient.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Ba ... Alert.aspx

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 2, 2009, 4:09 pm

Well no complaints here on the transfer made the 1 st 0000 hours by Cal Pers in my account in Udon September 1 st. That was fast.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 3, 2009, 7:29 pm

Tried for the SMS message cpuldm;t do it wouthout an ATM card, called Bangkok told yuo call this number when yuo think it is there/ Well having been trained I contacted the branch in New York. Called by Bangkok in two days special appointment to get SMS. Wit the admonition don't contact New York anymore, fat chance. To my wife of course not me. Got there girl handed me a form to fill out. Well it was time to test the waters :-" Can you filll it out for me, she did while saying you are very special. Translated you are one major pain in the butt. =D>

Nopt my fault they wanted to mess with me and expected I would crawl off into corner in awe of their awesome power. Not fight back oh well I;'m sopecial I like that h just fine. I wonlt go back in their again unless there is problem. Did my withdraw I big C painless exerpreince. If I do have to go back first contact will be to the branch in New York no reason to mess around these people.

so in the end it's all working out. :pirate:

daxbr
udonmap.com

Post by daxbr » November 19, 2009, 4:14 am

My credit union in Florida got seized by the Feds last spring. I logged in on Friday into my ccount and noticed zero balance. Since I was late at night US time, I planned to call them first thing the following Monday but over the weekend the credit union was taken over by another institution and correct balance was restored.

No problems ever since. ATM card still works.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » November 19, 2009, 10:38 am

Actually in the end this all worked out good for me. The new bank is an international bank and things are actually easier.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 19, 2009, 10:54 am

See I told you not to worry. :D :D
What is a worry is that I had a look today at the 'failed banks' link that you posted before. Another 20 US banks have failed in November. :shock: Anyone any idea why?? Surely this is not still from the Financial Crisis ? Or is this just a "normal" monthly failure rate?

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”