Another Military Coup.

Thailand news, views and comments
KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Re: Another Military Coup.

Post by KHONDAHM » March 21, 2010, 5:37 am

Tilokarat wrote:It is heart-rendering and reassuring to see how Texpat and KhonDahm have come to share the same views. Now one thinks of them as joined at the hip.

The raw emotion is so overwhelming that one almost wants to shed a tear or two. 55555
Ugh! I feel like I need to vomit. Hopefully, he will change his view so I don't have to agree with him and we can get back to being nemeses. ;)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 21, 2010, 5:44 am

What UN mandate? I am following behind! Anyway, I am making reference to something else involving something else that could lead to problems.

Forget that other part. We will see you and texpat walking hand-in-hand toward the sunset after you have both done your suicide pact research. The pathos that little scene conjures up in one's soul is almost unbearable.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » March 23, 2010, 4:26 am

Planning for another big one next Saturday........http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... for-7-days

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » April 6, 2010, 5:43 am

Sadly I don't think confrontation is far off now....http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/3 ... -with-isoc

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » April 7, 2010, 6:04 am

At least the Security Forces are showing some restraint.......http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/20 ... 26563.html

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » April 7, 2010, 8:50 am

IT seems to me that if the current situation continues to escalate into physical warring conflict between side,the military WILL have to step in to take control!

Will that be considered a ''coup''?

The question then would be who would be running the country as PM?How are both sides ,red and yellow,placated?It seems that everyone has their own version of what is a democratic election and which corruptive practices will be acceptable or not!

I don't believe that the Reds would win an overwhelming majority.Their actions are alienating many people and they DID NOT win an overwhelming majority last time!What has changed,since then?

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » April 7, 2010, 12:53 pm

I guess the only thing that has changed is that the Reds have surrounded Parliament and the MP's have scattered to the four winds. I don't have the answers you ask for, but I do believe that a "Coup" for lack of another word (Revolution) if you like is inevitable. It's just been reported that another four or so Buses are leaving Udon at the moment. Will it change anything in Thailand, same same comes to mind :-k

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » April 7, 2010, 3:24 pm

I think the most serious threat so,is the threat of the Reds attacking the local gov't facilities around the country,if the police or Army start to breakup the Bangkok protests!

macduff
udonmap.com

Post by macduff » April 7, 2010, 10:17 pm

Fly thaksin in,he'll sort the problem out

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 7, 2010, 10:23 pm

Fly him into England - they need him more than Thailand does. :D

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » April 9, 2010, 6:55 am

nkstan wrote:I think the most serious threat so,is the threat of the Reds attacking the local gov't facilities around the country,if the police or Army start to breakup the Bangkok protests!
Meh...what I posted previously about the guys with the guns being the Red Shirts' sons proved out yesterday. The reds just talk to them and ask them to step aside. The women in the crowds call them "my son", "family", etc.

As for the local police, I had to pay a parking ticket recently at the main police HQ. TV was blasting the red shirt rally and the support in the uniform-filled room was obvious.

Give them their friggin vote. =D>

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » April 9, 2010, 3:12 pm

KHONDAHM wrote:
nkstan wrote:I think the most serious threat so,is the threat of the Reds attacking the local gov't facilities around the country,if the police or Army start to breakup the Bangkok protests!
Meh...what I posted previously about the guys with the guns being the Red Shirts' sons proved out yesterday. The reds just talk to them and ask them to step aside. The women in the crowds call them "my son", "family", etc.

As for the local police, I had to pay a parking ticket recently at the main police HQ. TV was blasting the red shirt rally and the support in the uniform-filled room was obvious.

Give them their friggin vote. =D>
Agree, then at least we can move on to the next protest ;) \:D/

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » April 9, 2010, 3:30 pm

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » April 9, 2010, 4:03 pm

I don't think silly is the right word. I'm afraid it's nasty. Glad I left 2 weeks ago to go back to sea. I belief it's going to get worse but I hope I'm wrong.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » April 9, 2010, 4:51 pm

I'm on your side MS =D>

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » April 9, 2010, 6:22 pm

Holy S--T we agree on something. Guess you aren't so bad after all. Seriously, it looks like things are going to get a lot worse. Just hope there is no blood shed. The old ways of the Thai Government trying to keep the people uneducated is long gone what with the internet and such. Too bad the people in power both red and yellow shirts are playing the people for their own benifit and not the good for the country. We as guests here can only sit back and watch.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 9, 2010, 7:09 pm

Khun Merchant Seaman, if the redshirts are in power, why are they protesting?

rufus
udonmap.com

Post by rufus » April 10, 2010, 6:36 pm

The red shirts are not in power and THAT is the problem. Their government was thrown out.
Abhisit does not have the support of the majority and that is why he is terrified to go to the people.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 10, 2010, 7:07 pm

No-one has a majority in the Thai Parliament. The government is composed of factions, coalitions et al. These alliances can shift at any time.

dougness
udonmap.com

Post by dougness » April 11, 2010, 1:53 am

There is reason why special regiments exist,because you never know when some general will decide to split or where the regiments loyalty is.The last thing any country needs is division and civil war.So who cares what the police in a certain provinces think.The overall army has the hardware.The only stability the country has ever known is the Army,Monarchy,Church and big business.Democracy isn't necessarily the best system for all countries.

Return to “Thailand News”